Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #169
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
I would really really like to be able to afford one of these new Z/28's but I think its going to be out of my price range.
You're not the only one...

:(
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #170
Albion

Drives: IOM 1ss
For sure this will not be the final look of the Z,however i'd want the look to be 'standout' better than the 2010 SS.You see i own a 1ss,lowered,piped,tinted etc that looks pretty damn cute at the mo'.I want the Z to look Killer when parked alongside an SS, parked in a showroom.I want wider wheels,lower stance,more aggresive ducting on bodywork,ear melting exhaust,dyno smoking performance,i want the full package to be truly irresistable.C'mon GM,'make my day'.
Albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #171
UAE_Camaro_Fan

Drives: Camaro 2010 SS/RS
With this thing on the streets, my camaro will look like a child
UAE_Camaro_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #172
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion View Post
For sure this will not be the final look of the Z,however i'd want the look to be 'standout' better than the 2010 SS.You see i own a 1ss,lowered,piped,tinted etc that looks pretty damn cute at the mo'.I want the Z to look Killer when parked alongside an SS, parked in a showroom.I want wider wheels,lower stance,more aggresive ducting on bodywork,ear melting exhaust,dyno smoking performance,i want the full package to be truly irresistable.C'mon GM,'make my day'.
Remember there hasn't ever been alot of differences between the Z28 and the SS models other than wheels, some trim items, some times the hood and of course the emblems...
And the very first Z28 (67) didn't look any different than your base model 6 Cyl Camaro.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #173
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneZ28 View Post
Awesome! Sounds really good in the video!!!

...but let me tell ya, nothing compares to how it sounds in person.
Dual mode open?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidddogbites View Post
at the verry end, was that a red camaro convertable in the back round?
I saw that one, too! 'Vert Z28?... Okay - that may be asking too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra stocker View Post
Thats FREAKIN AWESOME!!! Screw Nurburging give me one to test at ATCO!!!
I predict, under your feet: 11.70 @ 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
EPIC says it all. You can tell that they are out to make a statement. Yes, I am afraid it would be a garage queen for me..... but it's a lot easier to walk out to the garage than drive to a dealer, crank it up, hear the supercharger whining asking for attention, being pulled to the rear to hear the exhaust backpopping, sit in the driver seat a bit, crank up the radio, turn off the radio, record the pipes for my stereo, wax it up, take it out for a mellow growly ride, listen to the cam loping as I creep through the crowd of lookers on Sat. nite, maybe even park it, sharing the marvel of what our designers and engineers have created because it will be rare; then as I go home ... rev it up, wind it out a few times listening to the backpressure pops as I let off the throttle, drive her home, remove the dust, etc, once again listen to the loping growl echoing in the garage, check out the side view mirrors, look at the guages monitoring the systems, make sure the radio is set to my favorite station, enjoy a toast at the end of the evening, gently roll up the windows, check it over, reshine any imperfections, and ever so softly put the car cover on, wish it a good nite, turn off the lite, and peek back to make sure she's ok.... then go to bed, knowing a legend is here providing both solitude and joy, excited that a new day begins at the crack of dawn and I can do it all again........... thanks GM. Thanks.
If I could fit this quote in my sig', I SO would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
That's because dealerships in norcal are terrible for the most part... I bought my car in socal for that reason.
Norcal is terrible for the most part, LOL!!! I think I might be going East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
To match what you can test at the 'ring you'd need to go to at least half a dozen tracks. There really isn't a better place in the world to work on the suspension setup for a car.

The Chevrolet Camaro Z28 won't be more refined (with regard to NVH) than the Cadillac CTS-V. If anything, it will be less refined, which opens the door to improved performance. Whatever they did in the CTS-V, they can push it a little further in the Camaro. So the suspension can be a bit firmer and they'll get away with it. And the exhaust can be a bit louder and they'll get away with it. But even if everything is tuned the exact same as the CTS-V, the Z28 is going to be a bit lighter which will improve overall performance.
Lower restriction exhaust = more power; stiffer ride = lowered with better bushings, springs, sways, coil overs and better handline

I fully expect Z28 to be at least a couple seconds faster than CTS-V. Like 'G said - Z28 can be tuned to be a lot more aggressive which will result in a better performing car. I'm hoping we get some magneto' shocks with all this too, but there are vendors here that are putting out probably better products for us, so I'm not worried about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
... b-b-b-but... wasn't that a V6 car we heard... ?!?

Best regards,

Elie
You three are killing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
I would really really like to be able to afford one of these new Z/28's but I think its going to be out of my price range.
At least Z28 is coming back

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #174
Albion

Skyman,thats what bothers me,i worry that its not going to be 'stand-out' different/better than what i own.
Please make me wrong!
Old 10-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #175
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion View Post
Skyman,thats what bothers me,i worry that its not going to be 'stand-out' different/better than what i own.
Please make me wrong!
Can you say stealth?
Old 10-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #176
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Remember there hasn't ever been alot of differences between the Z28 and the SS models other than wheels, some trim items, some times the hood and of course the emblems...
And the very first Z28 (67) didn't look any different than your base model 6 Cyl Camaro.
The times, they are a changin'.....
Old 10-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #177
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I love the stance!!! OMG! I love the profile of the tires in the wheel openings and it looks like they're as big as they're going to get. Maybe it's just my eyes, but it looks like there was a lot of weight transfer when it left the starting line so I wonder if it'll have similar settings ZR1 and CTS-V have as far as Launch Control or something along those lines. It seems really flat during cornering.

Two things, if I may: I hope we don't get new, bigger mirrors, because, that might have to be the first thing I change, lol. Second - I'm still hoping for the PS2s, because I just don't have confidence in those F1s; if the PS2s were good enough for the 'Vette and Caddy, they're good enough for Z28.

JMVHO

Back to watching the video again, LOL!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #178
Albion

Stealth,as in bomber styling?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #179
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidddogbites View Post
at the verry end, was that a red camaro convertable in the back round?
Better view of it at the start of vid... looks like a coupe

lib·er·ty
/ˈlibərdē/
noun
the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #180
LaceyRittgers
"The Hulk"

Drives: 2010 1LT Green Camaro
All Wheel Drive at 1:25!!!!
LaceyRittgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #181
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyRittgers View Post
All Wheel Drive at 1:25!!!!
Yeah, No.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #182
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Drives: CGM 2SS/M6
I swear I hear a wheel chirp shifting to 3rd at 1:36.. hehe 8)
Treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011 camaro z28, 2012 camaro z-28, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 z-28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro z-28, 2013 camaro z28, 2013 z28, 2014 camaro z28, 2014 z28, camaro z28, camaro z28 forum, new camaro z-28, new camaro z28, new camaro z28 forum, new z-28, new z28, new z28 forum, z28, z28 forum, z28 spy photos, z28 spy shots, z28 spyshots