Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #1975
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Hello...is anyone training? Lol.

Exciting day for me today. Squat day and our new mattress is being delivered!
having to work today, but I am still training. Pulled strong on Thursday and good chest day on Sat. But my Squat day on Monday may be screwed due to work. Last week was a great training week. Pressed 150 lb DB's for reps, pulled 565 lbs on deads, and squatted 545 lb. Not bad, but still pushing hard.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #1976
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
of course I'm training!

getting ready for my competition april 25

hope to do the following at 145lbs

s 350
b 235
d 480ish
Pfadt Race Engineering 1.25" Lowering Springs| Pfadt Spec Performance Street Alignment|ZL1 Front Bumper Conversion|ZL1 20x9 Rims|Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus 275/40R20Y Square Setup||Footwell Lighting|G2 Gold Painted Brake Calipers
Stainless Power Long Tube Headers|Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake|VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body|Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback| Vitesse Throttle Controller
--Jannetty Racing Enterprises Dyno Tuned|408 RWHP
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:28 PM   #1977
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
of course I'm training!

getting ready for my competition april 25

hope to do the following at 145lbs

s 350
b 235
d 480ish
how close are you now to those numbers. Should be some great power at that weight.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:07 AM   #1978
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
got 455 in competition in november, 20lbs pr yesterday, real proud of this!

Pfadt Race Engineering 1.25" Lowering Springs| Pfadt Spec Performance Street Alignment|ZL1 Front Bumper Conversion|ZL1 20x9 Rims|Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus 275/40R20Y Square Setup||Footwell Lighting|G2 Gold Painted Brake Calipers
Stainless Power Long Tube Headers|Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake|VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body|Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback| Vitesse Throttle Controller
--Jannetty Racing Enterprises Dyno Tuned|408 RWHP
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #1979
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
got 455 in competition in november, 20lbs pr yesterday, real proud of this!

good lift sir!
Old 03-18-2015, 02:10 PM   #1980
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
great lift
Old 03-30-2015, 11:09 AM   #1981
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quick progress report for me! 3 weeks out from the World Arm Wrestling league Qualifier. I'm closing in on a 400lb weighted dip, 1 arm pull-up static hold, 100 lb dumbell 1arm preacher curl static hold, and I'm back to repping the 115lb dumbells 8-10 on flat bench. Had a practice with my local group and was noticeably stronger on the arm wrestling table. Tendons are getting stronger as well as hand and wrist strength.
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:54 AM   #1982
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojt View Post
Quick progress report for me! 3 weeks out from the World Arm Wrestling league Qualifier. I'm closing in on a 400lb weighted dip, 1 arm pull-up static hold, 100 lb dumbell 1arm preacher curl static hold, and I'm back to repping the 115lb dumbells 8-10 on flat bench. Had a practice with my local group and was noticeably stronger on the arm wrestling table. Tendons are getting stronger as well as hand and wrist strength.
That's incredible. I've never thought of doing a 1rm with a weighted dip. Most I've done is 3x12 with 180. Where are you putting the weight? Are you using 100lb plates?

In other news, after my 8 week intro course, I actually started CF last night. We will see how this goes with everything else I do in the gym but it should be alright. There will be a learning curve with the strength endurance aspect of CF but I am hoping to adapt quickly.

Monique finished her first open after doing CF for 6 months. She finished 61st in the region and 924th worldwide. Its around top 15% or so for those entered that actually did all of the workouts.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #1983
Camarojt

Quote:
That's incredible. I've never thought of doing a 1rm with a weighted dip. Most I've done is 3x12 with 180. Where are you putting the weight? Are you using 100lb plates?

In other news, after my 8 week intro course, I actually started CF last night. We will see how this goes with everything else I do in the gym but it should be alright. There will be a learning curve with the strength endurance aspect of CF but I am hoping to adapt quickly.

Monique finished her first open after doing CF for 6 months. She finished 61st in the region and 924th worldwide. Its around top 15% or so for those entered that actually did all of the workouts.
I take a dip belt and run the chain thru the center of 4-45lb plates then snap it back on the loop of the other side of the belt. Weights hang between my legs.

Good luck with the crossfit, hope you do well. That's great for Monique! Congrats.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:41 PM   #1984
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
I take a dip belt and run the chain thru the center of 4-45lb plates then snap it back on the loop of the other side of the belt. Weights hang between my legs.

Good luck with the crossfit, hope you do well. That's great for Monique! Congrats.
Oh so in the 400lbs you included your BW. I was sitting there racking my brain as how you could add 400lbs on a dip belt lol. All I could come up with is 100lb plates.

Did you progress up to the 4 45's? When I did it I started with 1 plate for about a month, couple weeks off, 2 plates for a month, couple weeks off, 3 plates for a month, couple weeks off, then 4 plates. I tried each week just to do a rep or 2 more. Best memory serves me...3 sets of 54 with 1, 3 sets of 36 with 2, 3 sets of 26 with 3, and 3 sets of 12 with 4.

Thanks I appreciate it. It's a totally different world. One thing I really, really lack is strength endurance. But I think with time, like the dips above, it will come. Of course I'm 10 years older now so it won't come as quickly. I can turn my body on, quickly, for a 1rm......But this 21,15,9 and crap like that, even with very light weights, or even just my bodyweight, is kicking my butt lol.

And thank you. She is happy!

Is there any money in arm wrestling? Hope so and hope you do well so you can throw some more money at that rocketship you drive!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #1985
Camarojt

Quote:
Oh so in the 400lbs you included your BW. I was sitting there racking my brain as how you could add 400lbs on a dip belt lol. All I could come up with is 100lb plates.

Did you progress up to the 4 45's? When I did it I started with 1 plate for about a month, couple weeks off, 2 plates for a month, couple weeks off, 3 plates for a month, couple weeks off, then 4 plates. I tried each week just to do a rep or 2 more. Best memory serves me...3 sets of 54 with 1, 3 sets of 36 with 2, 3 sets of 26 with 3, and 3 sets of 12 with 4.

Thanks I appreciate it. It's a totally different world. One thing I really, really lack is strength endurance. But I think with time, like the dips above, it will come. Of course I'm 10 years older now so it won't come as quickly. I can turn my body on, quickly, for a 1rm......But this 21,15,9 and crap like that, even with very light weights, or even just my bodyweight, is kicking my butt lol.

And thank you. She is happy!

Is there any money in arm wrestling? Hope so and hope you do well so you can throw some more money at that rocketship you drive!
Yes Arm Wrestling right now is literally on the verge of exploding! Last year Game of Arms was a television show that showcased elite level arm wrestlers from all over the US. They formed teams and battled it out at like abandoned locations with a very dramatic TV reality feel. It made a huge hit and got millions of viewers and fans of the show. The WAL World Arm Wrestling League was one of the backers for the show. Since that time they have done a 4 series Competition with about $250,000 in total payouts to all the weight class finalists.
It ended this Feb and was then put on ESPN2 where it again had great ratings.
Since that airing, they launched 200 WAL qualifiers all over the U.S. and in May will have a Regional meet in Las Vegas. Winners get up to $20,000 per class and it pays 8th place $500.

BUT...... These are the best in the World!! They are the Micheal Jordan's of Arm Wrestling!! LEGENDS in this Sport. If you can even qualify it shows you are pretty badass!
So I will be attempting to qualify in 3 weeks. All PRO division. I have less than 1 yr in this where as some of these guys have 20-30years of high level experience and tendons of IRON.
ITS A VERY BRUTAL SPORT in which there is PAIN unlike any other thing I've done! Arm Wrestling will WRECK your arms to the point where you feel excessively injured EVERYTIME you do it for up to 2 years until you start to get your tendons conditioned to tolerate it.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #1986
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Yes Arm Wrestling right now is literally on the verge of exploding! Last year Game of Arms was a television show that showcased elite level arm wrestlers from all over the US. They formed teams and battled it out at like abandoned locations with a very dramatic TV reality feel. It made a huge hit and got millions of viewers and fans of the show. The WAL World Arm Wrestling League was one of the backers for the show. Since that time they have done a 4 series Competition with about $250,000 in total payouts to all the weight class finalists.
It ended this Feb and was then put on ESPN2 where it again had great ratings.
Since that airing, they launched 200 WAL qualifiers all over the U.S. and in May will have a Regional meet in Las Vegas. Winners get up to $20,000 per class and it pays 8th place $500.

BUT...... These are the best in the World!! They are the Micheal Jordan's of Arm Wrestling!! LEGENDS in this Sport. If you can even qualify it shows you are pretty badass!
So I will be attempting to qualify in 3 weeks. All PRO division. I have less than 1 yr in this where as some of these guys have 20-30years of high level experience and tendons of IRON.
ITS A VERY BRUTAL SPORT in which there is PAIN unlike any other thing I've done! Arm Wrestling will WRECK your arms to the point where you feel excessively injured EVERYTIME you do it for up to 2 years until you start to get your tendons conditioned to tolerate it.
That's awesome. As you know since the fail of the WPO there's little money in PL'ing.

CF is a different story and the purses are going to keep growing and growing. Although most is for the "Games" competitors, with a little for the masters and teens divisions. Total purse this year is $2,000,000 with it growing $200,000 every year until 2020.

The winner of the 14-15 yr old teen boys Open actually trains at Mayhem. He is a beast. He picked up $2,000 for winning the open which I think is so cool based on what most teens his age are doing now.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-02-2015, 11:56 AM   #1987
Camarojt

Quote:
That's awesome. As you know since the fail of the WPO there's little money in PL'ing.

CF is a different story and the purses are going to keep growing and growing. Although most is for the "Games" competitors, with a little for the masters and teens divisions. Total purse this year is $2,000,000 with it growing $200,000 every year until 2020.

The winner of the 14-15 yr old teen boys Open actually trains at Mayhem. He is a beast. He picked up $2,000 for winning the open which I think is so cool based on what most teens his age are doing now.
Yea that would be awesome for any teenager to win $2000!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #1988
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I would like to keep this thread pretty active, seems like its getting less and less attention. So here is an update on my current regime. For those who don't know, I have never powerlifted in my life. Only sports, and bodybuilding workouts. I have now completed a month of my new powerlifting routine (With help from Mydivorcegift) And on Monday I already hit a new PR on Deadlift - 445lbs.

I have deadlifted 445lbs once before last year, but then I was using straps. Monday I did 445lbs completley raw, no straps, belt, or anything. Got it relatively slow but with no stops! Today I see if I am gonna hit a PR on Bench press.

I have absolutley fallen in love with these powerlifting workouts, and so far, I feel so much stronger already. I had multiple injuries last fall that really set me back strength wise and overall mentally and phsycially, but I believe powerlifting will have be back in no time, and I do NOT see myself switching back to bodybuilding workouts ever.

So to everyone hitting the gym today, Good luck!! Push some weight!

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote