Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #2115
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I have fine hair too - and sensitive skin so hair sprays to try keep any semblance of fluffy breaks my forehead out!
Sarah - Leather what???
Monchy - not my type, but Jason Momoa is:

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #2116
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Yes fine thin hair does suck! I would love for my hair to do something other than go limp and stick straight lol. Mysteek I will take half that thick hair from you anyday you're ready to give it lol!
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #2117
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I have fine hair too - and sensitive skin so hair sprays to try keep any semblance of fluffy breaks my forehead out!
Sarah - Leather what???
now we are talkin' Tori!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #2118
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Sarah - Leather what???
I'd take him home in a heartbeat! Husband? What husband?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #2119
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Ok, ladies, I haz a question/situation for you all to answer for me. Here is the situation:
I ran into my ex-fiance of 5 yrs a few weeks back, and he actually came up to talk to me. Well, comes to find out he is about to get a divorce, hence why he finally got the balls to talk to me in public. Anywho, his split was rather harsh, and while I did wish Karma to come and bite him on the ass (and it REALLY did) I had felt bad about it. So, I gave him my # and told him to give me a call or shoot a text sometime and he did eventually. Well, of course having FB he hit my brother, my mom, myself, some of my cousins and friends because he misses them all, or so he says. He knew a lot about my family even though we hadn’t talked which was strange. Anywho, sorry this is long, I had invited him and his kids over to my parents on Sunday so he wouldn’t be alone. Everything went well, and my hubby did ok meeting him for the first time. Now, my mom saw my sister and him talking because she is divorced and he is going through a divorce and thinks they can help each other. I’m all for this of course, but my mom is hoping something else comes out of it. WTF, right!?!?! Is it bad that I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that situation even though I’m married? Not only that, but was I wrong for being his friend??
That ^ was the question(s)!
:popc orn:
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #2120
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
Ok, ladies, I haz a question/situation for you all to answer for me. Here is the situation:
I ran into my ex-fiance of 5 yrs a few weeks back, and he actually came up to talk to me. Well, comes to find out he is about to get a divorce, hence why he finally got the balls to talk to me in public. Anywho, his split was rather harsh, and while I did wish Karma to come and bite him on the ass (and it REALLY did) I had felt bad about it. So, I gave him my # and told him to give me a call or shoot a text sometime and he did eventually. Well, of course having FB he hit my brother, my mom, myself, some of my cousins and friends because he misses them all, or so he says. He knew a lot about my family even though we hadn’t talked which was strange. Anywho, sorry this is long, I had invited him and his kids over to my parents on Sunday so he wouldn’t be alone. Everything went well, and my hubby did ok meeting him for the first time. Now, my mom saw my sister and him talking because she is divorced and he is going through a divorce and thinks they can help each other. I’m all for this of course, but my mom is hoping something else comes out of it. WTF, right!?!?! Is it bad that I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that situation even though I’m married? Not only that, but was I wrong for being his friend??
Hence the name 'EX' ...You are happily married with your own family and dealing with your own life..and many beautiful and joyous happenings. I don't really think it was such a great idea, honestly...as if we don't have enough in our own lives...not going to get too much into it..because I could..but should have just told him that you were sorry to hear and that not to worry and that all will work out....and walked away..

Don't want to sound mean...but...EX means...past life.
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #2121
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Hello ladies, is Giga in here? Just figured this would be a good place to look. Toodles.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #2122
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
In a perfect world, we would all be able to remain friends with our exes. If your hubby is alright with the two of you becoming friends again, then I think that's OK. I've had exes over for dinner or bbqs (with their new ladies, usually) and my hubby's cool with it. As far as your sister hooking up with him??? Well, you know him better than your family does. Occasionally, people can change, but usually they don't - so, if the demise of your relationship was due to something about HIM, I'd give your sis a heads up, just in case he hasn't changed. She's an adult, can make her own decisions, but should certainly be informed. There must be something good about him though, if you were with him for 5 years and engaged...
Ya never know - maybe you two were destined to be related, just not married to each other...
Old 06-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #2123
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Personally, I don't think it'd be cool at all for your sister to date your ex, and I sure hope she'd have enough respect for you to not even do that-- I don't know what your mom is thinking! It's just against girl code, IMO, and while it's OK to feel sorry for the guy, there's definitely a reason he's your ex, and your family should hold him at arm's length. This just has disaster written all over it, if you ask me.

I should note that I am friends with a few of my exes, and it's fine-- but at some point or another, something besides friendship WILL come into the equation. It always does. You can't take back what happened between you two, and if it was me I'd tread very lightly. Good luck, girl, and if you need to talk let me know

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #2124
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post
Hence the name 'EX' ...You are happily married with your own family and dealing with your own life..and many beautiful and joyous happenings. I don't really think it was such a great idea, honestly...as if we don't have enough in our own lives...not going to get too much into it..because I could..but should have just told him that you were sorry to hear and that not to worry and that all will work out....and walked away..

Don't want to sound mean...but...EX means...past life.
You're right!! I know I shouldn't have but I think my kindness (that was NOT a joke ) got the better of me with this one. I always wanted KARMA to teach him a lesson and BOY DID SHE!! I'll be careful, and I don't talk to him much anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
In a perfect world, we would all be able to remain friends with our exes. If your hubby is alright with the two of you becoming friends again, then I think that's OK. I've had exes over for dinner or bbqs (with their new ladies, usually) and my hubby's cool with it. As far as your sister hooking up with him??? Well, you know him better than your family does. Occasionally, people can change, but usually they don't - so, if the demise of your relationship was due to something about HIM, I'd give your sis a heads up, just in case he hasn't changed. She's an adult, can make her own decisions, but should certainly be informed. There must be something good about him though, if you were with him for 5 years and engaged...
Ya never know - maybe you two were destined to be related, just not married to each other...
Very true, and Danny doesn't seem to mind at all. Then again he is friends with his ex-fiance and I don't mind it either. Granted she is all the way in Beaumont, TX, but still . Well, she knows already what went on between us because it was like the shock of the century when we split. I love my sister and all, but she can be a bit of a hoe and I think that's why it bothers me that she is going after him. She ruined so many friendships I had with guys and some were my husbands friends because she did that.

Oh I hope not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Personally, I don't think it'd be cool at all for your sister to date your ex, and I sure hope she'd have enough respect for you to not even do that-- I don't know what your mom is thinking! It's just against girl code, IMO, and while it's OK to feel sorry for the guy, there's definitely a reason he's your ex, and your family should hold him at arm's length. This just has disaster written all over it, if you ask me.

I should note that I am friends with a few of my exes, and it's fine-- but at some point or another, something besides friendship WILL come into the equation. It always does. You can't take back what happened between you two, and if it was me I'd tread very lightly. Good luck, girl, and if you need to talk let me know
That's what I was thinking! Some kind of sister code in there somewhere!! Granted some women don't mind, but I don't think it's right just like you don't date a friends ex boyfriend and what not. Yeah, we are all treading rather lightly. I"m making sure to be careful as well since I do have a great marriage and wouldn't want to screw it up over something like this.

I will def keep in touch with you on how it progresses.

THANKS LADIES FOR THE ADVICE!!! I will be extremely careful, and already had to slap him (verbally) for being stupid since he isn't technically divorced yet. Seriously, what would men do without us women here to stop them from doing STUUUUUUPID things. Oy!!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #2125
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Girl talk time...

GAH, I hate having to admit to someone that I had cancer. My boyfriend asked me why I hate doctors, and I had to tell him, even though it's not something I share openly in the real world. Even posting it here makes me squeamish. It's embarassing to me, and I don't know why. I totally feel like I'm exposing some kind of weakness, even though I'm FINE now seven years later... *hides*

Old 06-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #2126
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Girl talk time...

GAH, I hate having to admit to someone that I had cancer. My boyfriend asked me why I hate doctors, and I had to tell him, even though it's not something I share openly in the real world. Even posting it here makes me squeamish. It's embarassing to me, and I don't know why. I totally feel like I'm exposing some kind of weakness, even though I'm FINE now seven years later... *hides*
That's what this place is for!!

Soooo........is it gone?

Can't blame you for hating doctors with everything you have to go through for the treatments. Glad you pulled through, and not only graced us with your presence but a personality that can talk shiz with the best of them!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #2127
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Yes ma'am, it was gone, very simple procedure, no scars, no BS, and it hasn't come back in seven years. But it doesn't mean I'm not paranoid every time I go to the doctor-- which is how this whole thing came up in the first place; doctor's appointment today. I didn't have to have chemo or anything, thank goodness.

But it feels like exposing a weakness; like maybe people will look at me differently, like I'm infirm or sick or weak, and I most definitely am not!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #2128
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

You should NOT be embarrassed to say you had cancer. You should be PROUD to say you beat it! You're not weak, you're strong! As far as doctors go, if you have the right one, you'll actually like going to appointments. It took me years to find one I like and trust. He digs my car, so I love going for check ups so I can show him my latest mods. I park by the back door so he can step outside after my appointment and listen to me start her up. The grin he gets makes it worthwhile!