Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2007, 02:01 PM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
If you feel as I do about the pure beauty of the new Camaro, the more the better.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:08 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Couldn't have said it better. What would you rather see coming at you on the road, a Civic, Mustang, magnum, Santa Fe, or a Camaro?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #17
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
Would it be considered blasphemy to say that I hope that sales of the 5th gen Camaro are less than great?

Not for reasons of future value, i just don't want them to become the next Mustang.

I used to really want a Mustang when I lived in a small town in Alaska. Then I moved to the city and found that everyone and their mother has a Mustang. Even Corvettes, I see at least 5 or 6 of them a day.

With a car this nice, and in the same relative price range, the Camaro is sure to be around every corner within 5-10 years.

Is it too much to ask that there be some meaningless flaw that will deter the average driver from buying a Camaro, while not affecting our enjoyment too much? Or at least GM can decide to stop making the Camaro again after 2 or 3 years?

I just want to be able to drive around all day throughout Seattle and its Surrounding cities without seeing too many cars that look exactly like mine.

Anyway, that's my rant for today.
You will be able to personalize your Camaro to make it different than the others and if you really want something different then purchase the top of the line high hp. Camaro. I bet there won't be many of those around. I also hope there are a tonne of them sold!
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:08 PM   #18
byebyeImports

Drives: Crotch Rocket (GSXR)
i personally feel that a fraction of 5th gen camaro enthusiasts will die out by the time the official release hits. we've still got a year, maybe more until that "beauty" arrives. i find that there's always a portion of the crowd who is all about the hype.
byebyeImports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #19
byebyeImports

Drives: Crotch Rocket (GSXR)
maybe fan would better describe them than enthusiasts
byebyeImports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #20
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyeImports View Post
maybe fan would better describe them than enthusiasts
I was about to say that. There's a difference between jumping on the "bandwagon", and "getting in the car". You can get off the bandwagon anytime you like. You can't get out of the car untill it stops.

We're all in the car. And if things go right, this car isn't gonna stop anytime soon.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:18 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I think there's going to be a whole lot more, that once they see it, must have this car. There's people who have never seen it and had no idea that it is being made. They just aren't the enthusiasts that we are.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:50 PM   #22
ksmithers88

Drives: Yamaha R6
heres a solution, instead of buying a 5thgen get a 69 camaro, nobody drives those. In fact, i've never seen a 1st or 2nd gen on the road my whole life!

I feel your need to stand out, thats why i hope gm offers exterior packages for the z28/ss models, that why you can tell who has the REAL camaros, and not the watered-down econo-mobiles.
ksmithers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #23
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmithers88 View Post
heres a solution, instead of buying a 5thgen get a 69 camaro, nobody drives those. In fact, i've never seen a 1st or 2nd gen on the road my whole life!

I feel your need to stand out, thats why i hope gm offers exterior packages for the z28/ss models, that why you can tell who has the REAL camaros, and not the watered-down econo-mobiles.
NEVER?!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:52 PM   #24
juzlookzfazt

Drives: 2000 Mitsu Eclipse..for now..
More than likely, I think in actuality, it IS geared towards becoming the next "mustang" so to say. It wont matter though, a true enthusiast will be able to tell the difference right away with a blink of an eye. The ones who cant, don't matter, their just in it for the hell of it.
juzlookzfazt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #25
Mr. Wyndham

(being a smartass, here.) I wouldn't say that the Camaro is geared towards becoming the next Mustang. I see it as geared towards fighting the Mustang. And if you only have 40,000 of them out there, it'll be hard to fight 140,000 oncoming Mustangs, you know? But Camaro would still win

The ones who can't tell the difference are the ones that buy V6's...and use them as small family cars. Nothing wrong with that!!! In fact, I say go for it. But they'll be the ones in for a surprise - slowly rolling along at 1800rpms...then *shift* and off at 5000 and 90+ mph

Besides, any Camaro is a special Camaro to me. Even if you were to deck your car out in every way imaginable short of rice to make it stand out - I wouldn't look at it any differently than the stock Camaro sitting right next to yours. That could just be me though.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #26
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Umm...get out some?
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #27
Mr. Wyndham

I've only ever seen 1 First gen before. The people around here drive more Caddys, Vettes, and Buicks, you know? But I have seen numerous 2nd Generation Camaro's. After all - they made up for the bulk of All Camaro sales.

This is just the 1979 production numbers
V6: 21,913
V8: 260,658
Total: 282,571
interesting that they sold MANY more V8's than V6's...
Old 09-03-2007, 06:33 PM   #28
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
Quote:

I think the lack of 1st gen in your area must be the location. I know of at least 30 in my area. They are a sight to see, a true CAMARO enthusiast gets shivers when they see one, they will stare and shout "there goes the best damn car ever built" when they see one, HA HA HA. They are not going to be as popular in big cities, probabaly because no where to store them or drive them. I have a first gen and will have a 5th gen as soon as they are available. BTW the 1st gens are hard to find and if you do find one they are expensive.
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote