Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
whatever LT you decide to go with, i highly recommend getting them ceramic coated. WELL worth the extra $100. helps keep under hood temps down and also increase exhaust velocity (scavenging).

my personal preference is BBK LT's ceramic coated with High flow cats and ARK...take your pic cause they all sound saweeeeeeet.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #16
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
i know i upset some neighbors...but the only ones that ever said anything were the ones that loved it! even the older folks..."brings back great memories..."
Old 07-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #17
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
MRT v2 is definitely the most popular V6 exhaust we carry but we do not see a lot of V6 long tube header orders. Most seem to go with shorties.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
.... I dont want something to loud I have neighbors and I don't want to upset them.
Then whatever you get, you will probably wan't the setup to have a resonated X muffer in the setup or something very similar.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
shorties dont void ur warranty...thats why...im sure once the warranties are up..there will be more LT purchases...i for one love my shorties...coupled with my BBK intake and FlowMaster exhaust....flowmaster is a legend in the Camaro world....as is SLP...both are very good choices and have legendary support

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #20
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
If you're willing to spend the dough, get a set of ceramic coated LT's your choice and then get the ARK DT-S catback and call it a day.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #21
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Oh and another thing that will help shape the sound of your exhaust note for the better is a ported intake manifold. As an added bonus you'll pick up some horses as well.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #22
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
BBK Longtube Headers, Manaflow Mufflers (You'll like the sound)
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #23
cam fan

Drives: fast
Im surprised no one has mentioned the corsa full cat back system - comes with x pipe (i believe)

I hope to get all the porting done with BBK LT (when warranty is fin) + high flow cats connected to a corsa cat-back
Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #24
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Well OBX is going to be the loudest of them all because they have no cats. The cats tame the sound a little. Either way, unless you like rasp budget in a resonated x-pipe to remove the rasp your going to get with lt. Have you thought about maybe posting something in your regional forum and maybe members near you will be willing to let you hear different setups.
This is also a great tip. I heard the same setup I have (minus the xpipe) from a Camaro5 friend that lives in N. Ohio. It helped me make my decision!

If you're going to Camaro5Fest, that's a great place to hear a LOT of different setups.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote