Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #15
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
How about "North American Musclecar Racing Series"! Only Camaros, Challys and Mustangs, much like the Trans Am series but muscle cars only! Plenty of road courses around the country. Would be an awsome series to watch!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #16
UncleBenny

Drives: 2009 G8 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIyam View Post
They have rules to make the cars more competitive... gotta make everyone feel good...
You mean like almost every racing series...everywhere? Keep on hating.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:49 PM   #17
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
If you want to see the Camaro in road racing, Stevenson Motorsports is going to be racing a heavily modified Camaro in the Grand Am Rolex series this coming season: http://www.stevensonmotorsports.com/ and Riley Technologies is racing a Camaro in the KONI Challenge. http://www.rileytech.com/
Of the two, the one in the KONI race series will be the closest to stock.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #18
SamIyam

Drives: 2010 1SS
I don't hate... I've actually dedicated my life to helping at risk kids better their lives and try to bring out the best in people...

And I'm just saying NASCAR is BORING... that's all.

I have raced cars for years... and am currently building a land speed car to race at Bonneville and the dry lakes.

Racing is one of those things that is exciting if you're doing it, but boring to watch.

Then again, I don't watch TV... so I'm not your average Joe-Six-pack with a Harley and a hot car who drinks beer, smokes cigars with his buddies on the weekend while he plays Texas Hold'em...

Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post

You mean like almost every racing series...everywhere? Keep on hating.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #19
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
How about "North American Musclecar Racing Series"! Only Camaros, Challys and Mustangs, much like the Trans Am series but muscle cars only! Plenty of road courses around the country. Would be an awsome series to watch!
You are a little late with that Idea, see my post number 7...

Quote:
I think a Trans Am type series would do good now.. Many of the Nascar tracks now have a roadcourse in the infield... Maybe we should all write to Bruton Smith to start his own race series like that a t all his tracks.. I bet many would go see it...I know a few years ago he looked into starting a new Stock car series, similar to Nascar, when Nascar was holding back approving some of his tracks for a second race.. Now just may be the time if he gets enough feedback.

I can see it now, the "American Muscle Car Racing Series". AMCRS.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #20
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
If you want to see the Camaro in road racing, Stevenson Motorsports is going to be racing a heavily modified Camaro in the Grand Am Rolex series this coming season: http://www.stevensonmotorsports.com/ and Riley Technologies is racing a Camaro in the KONI Challenge. http://www.rileytech.com/
Of the two, the one in the KONI race series will be the closest to stock.
I was wondering when someone would get around to mentioning the Koni Challenge cars. Ladies and gents, there IS a stock car racing series much in the same vein as Trans Am and the original NASCAR racing.

There's also the NASA (National Auto Sport Association) events that run a wide range of classes, including the Camaro Mustang Challenge and American Iron. http://www.nasaproracing.com/

It's out there folks, and most are open for spectators

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500
Old 01-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #21
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
You are a little late with that Idea, see my post number 7...
And you're a little late with that idea, since it already exists (see my post above)

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500
Old 01-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #22
SZOTSTA24

Drives: Inferno Orange 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just one of the many problems with NASCAR right now Scotty. (Don't call me a hater, because I'm not. I've been a NASCAR fan since I was 4. And I have about 15 Jeff Gordon legit diecasts in my room.) I even have some Camaro Concept diecasts with JG's paintjob. lol
Old 01-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #23
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
The Camaro is not the right fit for - oh, the most popular motorsports series in the country.

And that series wanted you to run it? And you said no thanks, we'll stick with grandma's grocery getter. Stop it your killing me.

The 48 just 4 peated the whole she-bang. Think that sold 1 more Impala?
Let alone trying to justify gazzillions in promotional spending. Please, name 1 person who just bought an Impala because of Mr. Johnson's awesomeness. Did sales spike up with a rush to see the new special edition 4 time champ commemmorative edition? Oh yeah, there wasn't one.

The Impalas sell great because it's a really nice car. 4 doors, plenty of room, comfy, great mileage... sweet commuter for Aunt Bess and dependable church wheels for G-Ma. My next door neighbor has one and she loves it. Swear to god, the only thing she has ever complained about is the rear spoiler. When she first bought it, I was checking it out with her and she kept saying - what is this stupid thing. I hate seeing it in my mirror. I mentioned it's a racing thing, and her mind couldn't comprehend that she just bought a race car. I gave up trying to explain the Nascar/Impala/Spoiler thing.

Could you imagine the special editions of a Camaro you could do as a tie in to Nascar? Hmmm... More than a handfull of the top team owners and drivers even own Chevrolet dealerships. Don't think some sort of Nascar or team inspired special edition Camaro would look sweat in those showrooms?

Nascar should have eased up on the templated cookie cutter cars, and the manufacturers should have got smart about putting the right models in there. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday has become meaningless. Thanks to a bunch of empty suits.

The big 3 should force the issue if they had any nuts in the sack. Tell Nascar, these are the 3 bodies, with minimal tweaks that we as manufacturers will pour millions of dollars into supporting your sport for.
Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, and who cares about Toyota - whatever they want to bring. Could you imagine the TV buzz and new viewership around watching the 3 pony cars back to doing battle.

But no, let's stick to templated grocery getters with different headlight decals in the top cup series and wonder where everyone went. 3 blind mice, 3 blind mice, see how they run...
Old 01-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #24
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
NASCAR!? hell no... glad it isnt. i might have to sell my car. you want real racing.... go take a look at MOTO GP, or world superbike. real men with real big testicles riding really fast bikes. bike racing, far and away is better than NASCAR...of course thats my educated opinion,lol.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #25
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
Hey Scotty, how's that mule your driving?
Not good in the snow... I need to move to TEXAS!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #26
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
.......real big testicles riding really fast bikes...
speaking of:

Old 01-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #27
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
NASCAR lol.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #28
hb35man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Aqua Blue Metallic
I'm a NASCAR fan but the Camaro doesn't belong there.Actually,I
haven't seen any "stock" car racing for at least 30 years
Attached Images