Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #3459
snsdiver72
IPA in Iraq

Drives: Traverse, Titan, Crown Vic PC
Send a message via Yahoo to snsdiver72 Send a message via Skype™ to snsdiver72
Does anyone have info on Missouri Pacific Rail that goes to Texas around the houston area?
Old 06-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #3460
oilman63
rjt ordered 10-15 2ss

Drives: 2010 2SS badass camaro
well i'm in the data bank.yee ha.now for delivery.waiting patiently.GONNA BE AN AWESOME SUMMER
oilman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #3461
JDT243

Drives: 2011 2500HD-LTZ, 2010-2SS,2012 ZL1
GM Customer Service reports #834 has shipped and should arrive at the dealer early next week.

FYI. #6952 (not on the SSheet) (IO 2SS Manual No stipes) ordered 3 weeks after mine showed up at the dealer yesterday. Good for her bad for me!!
JDT243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #3462
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
I will tell you one thing GM needs to change.

The ability to track a car. I just find it completely ridiculous that a $40K+ car can leave the plant and nobody can tell you where it is, where it's going...and when it is going to get there.

Absolutely ridiculous.

How hard would it be to implement a barcode somewhere on the cars that get scanned at each location? Then at least CS would be able to tell you "It has left the plant and is at the striping facility" or "It has been shipped and is currently in the railyard"

I love GM as much as the next guy but you can bet your hiney this will be the last car I order from them. It's just not worth the frustration.

I'm not even talking about the holdups and delays and the QC issues...I understand that stuff happens with a new line. I just can't get over the lack of information when it comes to the whereabouts of a vehicle that people have put deposits down on and are awaiting the arrival and need to prepare for that arrival (getting funds in order, selling cars, etc.)

10-15 years ago I'd be able to understand it...not in this day and age of technology though.

/rant (Sorry I needed to get that off of my chest)
Old 06-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #3463
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Bar code? An RFID tag embedded near the VIN plate would seem to make a lot of sense to me... Not only could they use it for shipping, it could be used after that by dealers to quickly pull up info on a car instead of having to read off the VIN.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #3464
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post

How hard would it be to implement a barcode somewhere on the cars that get scanned at each location? Then at least CS would be able to tell you "It has left the plant and is at the striping facility" or "It has been shipped and is currently in the railyard"
What - like this? (drivers side corner of fascia):
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #3465
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:

The ability to track a car. I just find it completely ridiculous that a $40K+ car can leave the plant and nobody can tell you where it is, where it's going...and when it is going to get there.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I love GM as much as the next guy but you can bet your hiney this will be the last car I order from them. It's just not worth the frustration.

I'm not even talking about the holdups and delays and the QC issues...I understand that stuff happens with a new line. I just can't get over the lack of information when it comes to the whereabouts of a vehicle that people have put deposits down on and are awaiting the arrival and need to prepare for that arrival (getting funds in order, selling cars, etc.)

10-15 years ago I'd be able to understand it...not in this day and age of technology though.

People, people. No one outside of us Camaro fanatics gives a rat's a$$ where a car is at any given second. How many people actually ORDER a car? 2% of all sales? Maybe? Everyone else just drives to the lot and buys one that meets there need. So you want GM to install a complex tracking system so that 14,000 Camaro orders can be tracked for 6 months and then no one will give a crap that it is in place after that? Come on. Think.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #3466
punk

Drives: 2ss/rs cgm
w00t:

congrats on getting to 3400!!!! I'm right there with ya.
punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #3467
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
So you want GM to install a complex tracking system so that 14,000 Camaro orders can be tracked for 6 months and then no one will give a crap that it is in place after that? Come on. Think.
It already exists bro! Both GM and Allied have the ability to track and trace.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #3468
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
People, people. No one outside of us Camaro fanatics gives a rat's a$$ where a car is at any given second. How many people actually ORDER a car? 2% of all sales? Maybe? Everyone else just drives to the lot and buys one that meets there need. So you want GM to install a complex tracking system so that 14,000 Camaro orders can be tracked for 6 months and then no one will give a crap that it is in place after that? Come on. Think.
Agreed but I do think there has to be a better way to track a car, without going overboard, than what Chevy currently has in place. I can track a UPS box with fake dog shit in it from California to New York and they don't know within reason where a $35-40k car is at any given time? Their system does need to be somewhat upgraded for their own good as well as that of the consumer.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #3469
punk

I think RFID would make sense, hell...don't retail stores use these chips now.
Helps keep track of very expensive inventory, as an accountant and
investor, this is something i could appreciate. as a camaro fanatic, it would be like a
drug, as a car dealer it would help me provide better service to my customers.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #3470
punk

trm0002:
fantastic point.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #3471
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:

Absolutely ridiculous.

+1
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #3472
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
I can track every UPS package I have delivered online. Why can't I track something as big as a car?

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is online now   Reply With Quote