Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-30-2016, 07:32 PM   #351
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
OHY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad's ZL1 View Post
SOOOO.....is this kit worth getting over the scoche/metra.
well in my opinion...Oh...Hell Yeah...lol
The fact that it looks so OEM..is great,,with the new kenwood HU (or whatever you choose) is a plus...unless your experienced, a good shop for install is recommended. But SW controls are great to have and for me androis auto is wonderful.. have fun..let us know how you make out..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:32 PM   #352
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I have the Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS and it does not have lines. Guess I got the wrong one if I want lines.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:41 PM   #353
patternpilot

Something I found out working on the car is that if you disconnect the battery you lose the SWC programming and need to reprogram it. The firmware update stays, but the SWC apparently is volatile and does not stay. Could be a pain if your PAC unit is hidden away and you have to pull everything out to get to it. Also the other things like curtesy lighting, door lock preferences and all the rest have to be reset to how you want them. At least that's how it is with mine.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:26 AM   #354
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I have the Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS and it does not have lines. Guess I got the wrong one if I want lines.
IIRC, the lines are actually a function of the camera.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:46 AM   #355
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
well in my opinion...Oh...Hell Yeah...lol
The fact that it looks so OEM..is great,,with the new kenwood HU (or whatever you choose) is a plus...unless your experienced, a good shop for install is recommended. But SW controls are great to have and for me androis auto is wonderful.. have fun..let us know how you make out..

Totally Agree!!
Old 10-31-2016, 06:20 PM   #356
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
IIRC, the lines are actually a function of the camera.
Hmmm, How does the camera know when I turn the steering wheel? My lines in the mirror move when I turn the steering wheel. And then if that's true, why am I not seeing the lines in the head unit, I see what is behind me? My camera menu does not have anything other than to turn it on and to select the polarity. Serious questions and more things to look into. I might have to try to contact Pioneer to find out.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:50 PM   #357
rydahog

Pattern, i have the OEM rear mirrior with lines and i split the mirror from back up mirror to HU mirror,,i also added a front mirror on my supersport,,and i also have the lines with that front camera...i am using the kenwood unit. call pioneer,and find out, or better yet,,call these guys http://fivestarstereo.com/ they will be able to help you,,ask for DEAN he is installer. let him know what hu you have etc..the only thing i can think of is that if you are using your mirror and also your rear camera at same time? maybe thats why only one with lines will show? let us know how you do.?
Old 10-31-2016, 09:22 PM   #358
patternpilot

Quote:
Pattern, i have the OEM rear mirrior with lines and i split the mirror from back up mirror to HU mirror,,i also added a front mirror on my supersport,,and i also have the lines with that front camera...i am using the kenwood unit. call pioneer,and find out, or better yet,,call these guys http://fivestarstereo.com/ they will be able to help you,,ask for DEAN he is installer. let him know what hu you have etc..the only thing i can think of is that if you are using your mirror and also your rear camera at same time? maybe thats why only one with lines will show? let us know how you do.?
Thanks, I never thought that the lines may be proprietary to just one. I am splitting the signal. I wonder if there is a way to disconnect something in Ofers harness to stop the signal to the mirror. Ill call him tomorrow and Ill give the guy's a call at fivestar. We'll figure it out. I love a challenge.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:46 AM   #359
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
Thanks, I never thought that the lines may be proprietary to just one. I am splitting the signal. I wonder if there is a way to disconnect something in Ofers harness to stop the signal to the mirror. Ill call him tomorrow and Ill give the guy's a call at fivestar. We'll figure it out. I love a challenge.
Did you bother watching the video the guy linked for you in post #347? That might help you. You splitting the image shouldn't matter because it should be a mirror image of whatever is going to your rearview so it's the same signal. The fact you are splitting it to 2 different sources should have no baring on it. I think you need to change these settings or find settings similar in your radio.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:56 AM   #360
rydahog

BHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
I've got a Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX and it's got lines.
yippie...He (patternpilot has a pioneer avh-x5800 bhs) model radio..so i dont know if they have ability to modify the lines in camera like the nex or kenwood?
haha..got me...why have both mirror and hu camera? lol
Old 11-01-2016, 06:37 PM   #361
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
My HVAC controls went out yesterday no lights and no functions. hazards and door locks work. I've been too busy to call PAC, just wondering If anyone else has seen the issue besides me. OH temp display is blank as well.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:41 PM   #362
darktizzy

Drives: 2011 White 2LT RS
SWC normal placement?

Hi guys,
I bought a PAC kit and had it pro installed. I wanted to change the configuration and ordered the PAC-UP adapter. I am having a hard time finding the SWC to connect the PAC-UP to. Where is it normally placed? Is this something I need to remove the radio again to do?

I appreciate the help!
darktizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:35 PM   #363
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Did you bother watching the video the guy linked for you in post #347? That might help you. You splitting the image shouldn't matter because it should be a mirror image of whatever is going to your rearview so it's the same signal. The fact you are splitting it to 2 different sources should have no baring on it. I think you need to change these settings or find settings similar in your radio.
Yes Wayne I did watch the video. My unit does not have those menu items that the NEX has.

I spent quite a long time on the phone with PAC today. They are stumped as to why I am having the problems I am having such as the lose of memory when power is disconnected and the SWC programming problem. They gave me a sequence to reset the PAC unit back to factory and try again. I'm several hundred miles from the car so it will have to wait until the weekend.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:37 PM   #364
patternpilot

Quote:
yippie...He (patternpilot has a pioneer avh-x5800 bhs) model radio..so i dont know if they have ability to modify the lines in camera like the nex or kenwood?
haha..got me...why have both mirror and hu camera? lol
Ya, its not a deal killer. If I don't have them in the display, I can just look at the mirror.