Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #29
Okie Boom

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
This is a very fun shot! I like it!!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #30
Okie Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Now that I'm home, here's a few more:

This was with my camera phone, lol:

Very pretty scenery!! Wish we had something similar here in Oklahoma. Just a lot of flat junk here!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #31
Okie Boom

Quote:
Actually, the Macro is a cheap update I still wouldn't mind doing, but you're right...it's really situational.

Truly, I want to start doing pictures with this...which I won't be getting right away. Kinda pricey, but this is what I've been looking at.

http://www.telescopes.com/telescopes...eldtripod1.cfm
Totally missed this one...

Good lord I can only imagine the what you could capture with that thing! Counting nose hairs from a mile off!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #32
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Well, it'd be for this kind of thing, except probably not this kind of detail. I can only dream though...

Old 09-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #33
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I enjoy photography, too - my camera's a Nikon D90 - I posted a thread with some shots from our last vacation:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=antarctic
Old 09-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #34
Okie Boom

Quote:
Well, it'd be for this kind of thing, except probably not this kind of detail. I can only dream though...

Wow, that would be truly amazing to capture something like that. I am sure there are very few folks who can say they ever have!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #35
Okie Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheaccount View Post
Very nice shots to everyone. I am also a semi- pro (amature) photographer, however I use most of my photos for my drawings as that is my primary medium. I have had the honor of having one of my photos selected as a finalist for the Smithsonian Annual Photography Photo contest (#6) and had my photo on display in the Smithsonian for 6 months.

Looking forward to seeing more shots...
Great achievement!! Congrats on the entry and the display!

Great capture as well, busy life captured in a single frame. Gotta love it!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #36
Okie Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
I enjoy photography, too - my camera's a Nikon D90 - I posted a thread with some shots from our last vacation:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=antarctic
Great stuff! Really something most will never have the opportunity to capture! I bet it was a great experience!

I love all the penguins!

Lots of talent floatings around the forum, I love it!!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:07 AM   #37
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Boom View Post
Wow, that would be truly amazing to capture something like that. I am sure there are very few folks who can say they ever have!!!
That photograph was taken by Cassini Space Probe.

If I ever do get that telescope (and I will), you can take pictures like this with it:

I've attended an event twice now called the Table Mountain Star Party, which takes place on top of a hill in Eastern Washington. Fun event, which gets about a thousand people to show up (Just a guess, but there''s a lot). I've seen some awesome equipment there, and it's in a very low-ambient light area so the viewing is usually fantastic. Many of the scopes there will track the sky movement, so you can take long exposure shots to get images like the above.

Here's a link to the TMSP site
Old 09-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #38
Atlas
Would you kindly...

Drives: Destitute
Great photos everyone!!

Quote:
Hello all, I could't really find a good place to put this thread, so I figured what the hell. Off-Topic is as good as any.

I am a part time, half ass "photographer". I love being behind the lens, and viewing what others have managed to capture through theirs.

With that said, here is a bit of my work, and I hope you will share yours!
I like your work Composition and lighting, you seem to have a good grasp on both. Very nice!

I like to photograph cars, so that's what I do I guess.

Revo1's sexy 35th

I channel my inner Stickman as well

Old 09-08-2011, 02:05 AM   #39
goval
Anderson B.

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
Here are a few from work:
Vietnam 2011

Middle East 2010

Last edited by goval; 09-08-2011 at 02:21 AM.
goval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #40
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Awesome, I shoot with a Nikon D7000 and absolutely love it!!

I wish I could make a full time job out of my portrait work, however, it is a pretty patch niche of photography. Depends on the weather, people's income and need for pics and such....maybe one day!

Wow, that is a pretty kitty!!
My S.O. might have that camera. I lose track, he has about 3 bodies and a million lenses. One lens in particular is $6000. But, that's his thing... i dump money into my car. And, you really have to pay to play in photography.

Maybe one day! Best thing is word of mouth. That's how he gets a lot of his side jobs like weddings, senior pictures, babies, etc etc. Just keep at it, you're definitely a talented photographer!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #41
Okie Boom

Quote:
That photograph was taken by Cassini Space Probe.

If I ever do get that telescope (and I will), you can take pictures like this with it:

I've attended an event twice now called the Table Mountain Star Party, which takes place on top of a hill in Eastern Washington. Fun event, which gets about a thousand people to show up (Just a guess, but there''s a lot). I've seen some awesome equipment there, and it's in a very low-ambient light area so the viewing is usually fantastic. Many of the scopes there will track the sky movement, so you can take long exposure shots to get images like the above.

Here's a link to the TMSP site
Very cool stuff, might have to look into doing something like this at some point. Would certainly break me out of my normal subjects, which is always a good idea from time to time. Keep you on your toes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Great photos everyone!!

I like your work Composition and lighting, you seem to have a good grasp on both. Very nice!

I like to photograph cars, so that's what I do I guess.

Revo1's sexy 35th

I channel my inner Stickman as well

Great looking images!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goval View Post
Here are a few from work:
Vietnam 2011

Middle East 2010
Wow, interesting images. Not something you see every day for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
My S.O. might have that camera. I lose track, he has about 3 bodies and a million lenses. One lens in particular is $6000. But, that's his thing... i dump money into my car. And, you really have to pay to play in photography.

Maybe one day! Best thing is word of mouth. That's how he gets a lot of his side jobs like weddings, senior pictures, babies, etc etc. Just keep at it, you're definitely a talented photographer!
I absolutly adore my body. Certainly no pro body, but it is certainly a step above most. I jumped from the D60 to the 7000, so you can imagine my excitement!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #42
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Great stuff! Really something most will never have the opportunity to capture! I bet it was a great experience!

I love all the penguins!

Lots of talent floatings around the forum, I love it!!
The penguins were fun to photograph - I have some video of them too. I was debating entering the last pic that I posted in that thread in the national geographic photo contest. Any opinions????