Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 01-09-2017, 03:43 AM   #29
kmart

Drives: 2010 Camaro Cyber Grey 2ss
I got pulled over 3 weeks ago after a car inspection and cop looked under my car. Lucky for me the American Racing headers had what appears to be cats. 😜 I have never had this happen but glad those where on there. The officer came up to the station after I was there. I think he was just trying to flex his tittle.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:01 PM   #30
FRC11

Drives: 2011 2SS M6
Had zero issues when I register mine. I have the hooker blackheart setup on mine. The inspection station only cared about my tint lol. I live in Collin county which deos emissions test. So if any ones worried honestly it just depends on the station. Also the cops lol. None have bothered me and my car is extremely loud so. By law yes it's required, but no one will really bother.
FRC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #31
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
what they cant see, wont worry them.

Last edited by DFWZ28; 04-25-2017 at 01:19 PM.
DFWZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:53 AM   #32
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Depending on the inspection station, you might have an issue if your rear O2 sensors are tuned out. My previous SS was ADM tuned and the rear sensors were tuned out. Apparently it caused an issue with some light not turning on that should have and the inspection station wouldn't inspect it. I went to a shadier station and they took care of it no problem.

My ZL1 was tuned by Dynosteve and the rear sensors aren't tuned out for this reason, but he said they won't throw a CEL either.

If you do go catless I suggest you use a midpipe that looks like you have cats for a visual inspection. Speed Engineering provides midpipes like this. I replaced them with Texas Speed high flow cats that look almost identical.

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #33
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
I was worried when I had mine done in October. He simply hooked it up to his machine, scanned for codes, and then passed me. No sniffer used at a Jiffy lube in Travis county.