Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Are you buying within the first 6 months?
Yes yes, oh goodness yes! 62 40.52%
I would, but I want to wait for other options to become available...HUD, Z28, etc... 37 24.18%
I was, but now that production details have been released, I'm not going to buy one. 1 0.65%
I need to save some money, but I will get one eventually! 29 18.95%
No, as I usually wait for first-year glitches to get worked out...second model year though, game on! 15 9.80%
No, and I never planned on buying one at all. 2 1.31%
No, for some other reason. 7 4.58%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2008, 07:46 PM   #29
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
I'll be waiting for a second MY convertable, RS/SS loaded with everything.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #30
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'll get one when I can afford it. Student loan comes first.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:24 PM   #31
HooliganZ

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6
I would love to buy in the first 6 months, but I'm going to have to wait until I get back to the states in 2012 to pick mine up.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:43 PM   #32
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Where did you guys get that the HUD wouldn't be available at release anyway? I haven't seen it anywhere, but I haven't read much anyway.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:55 AM   #33
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
My plan right now is to be ordering one next summer
Old 07-26-2008, 04:57 AM   #34
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
who thinks one will be available at their local dealership within 6 months? thats the real question.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:22 AM   #35
clm7214

Drives: 04' HD Silverado, 09' Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
Probably waiting at least six months after they come out. Or at least until they start showing up and sitting in dealer lots. (If that happens...lol)
Same here. I don't like the idea of ordering options i have never actually seen on my 30K+ Camaro. I will wait with cash in hand until i can see one in person, then will order one to my liking then and there. This car means too much to me to rush into it.
clm7214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #36
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Well, let me apply my flame suit before I make the following statement. Ahggh, ummpphh....ok, I'm ready.

I put a deposit down August 11, 2006 for the first spot on the "order your way" list with my dealer. I didn't do it to have the first one. I did it to ensure I could order the car the way I want it and not have it be beat to death by a lot jockey if I just waited to find the one I liked on the lot somewhere. Also, with allocation, who knows how many will be available right away. I plan to have this car parked next to my black on black 68 350 5 speed for a long time, so a lot of it is about documentation for me as well. I didn't get to do that on the 68, so I'm making sure I have this one covered.

I'd also like HUD, but it's not gonna make me wait another year. What if they decide not to do it, or something delays it again?

A black SS/RS LS3 M6 with black interior and inferno orange stitching will be what goes on my order sheet. Actually stopped in my dealer yesterday to see what they would offer after Monday. I was pleasantly surprised when he looked at me and said, "You know more than we do, you tell me." It's refreshing to not have smoke blown up your butt by a dealer.

They did tell me that they have 13 people on their list now. We're talking about getting our own Lucky 13 Focus Group started.

Long answer to a short question. YES, I will be ordering the day GM opens it up. I think after Indy, we'll know even more about this car.

Also, with all the talk of being disappointed in HUD not being available at launch.......that may change too if it can.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #37
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
Me want HUD!!!!
No HUD no $$$$$ for Chevy. Sorry guys. Late HUD won't cut the mustard and as far as I know nobody has EVER made an "aftermarket HUD", so I can't buy now and customize it like I've grown to accept I may have to do with the wonky lower SS grille...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Where did you guys get that the HUD wouldn't be available at release anyway? I haven't seen it anywhere, but I haven't read much anyway.

They told the dealers this at their private webcast. Camaro Scotty relayed the bad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
I'd also like HUD, but it's not gonna make me wait another year. What if they decide not to do it, or something delays it again?
Well they should NEVER have announced it then. Bad move.

I can live with options that come out later I never knew about but I would love to have. Since I didn't know they were coming I can rationalize my decision to buy the car. If there's something coming and I know it's coming and all I need to do is wait for it, I'll regret not waiting when it arrives if I don't wait for it.

Psychology sucks.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:43 AM   #38
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
i'm waiting for the convertible
+1
Old 07-26-2008, 10:10 AM   #39
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I'm nervous about buying the 1st run of a new model... You guys that are buying right away aren't worried about some design flaw, or are you comfortable because GM is taking so much time and aren't anticipating anything like that? I guess I'm just paranoid. As for me, it'll be at least Summer of '09 maybe even summer or '10 before I get one for two reasons: one, to get HUD and two, to make sure YOU guys aren't having any major issues
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #40
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
I will place my order as soon as you can, now that im getting the V6 i can get it a whole lot sooner.

just have to make sure to sell the Grand prix first, (anyone interested?)
Old 07-26-2008, 10:30 AM   #41
jmliptak

Drives: D
Things have changed a lot for GM and others. They are lot more careful about the first cars and that is one of the reasons that the Camaro is running behind the estimates from several years ago. We have a Saturn Aura in out garage for my wife from the first year and it has been flawless...Now that car is a lightly modified Opel that they brought here to build, but they did make interior changes and built it here instead of in Germany. That car was the basis for the new Malibu, which I do not have direct experience with but have not heard any loud noises about that one. The Camaro is a new version of an existing platform and there are a few new bells and whistles on it, but most of the important mechanical bits (engines and transmissions, etc) are variation of a them from the Vette and other places.

The exception to that would be L99, but even that is applying technology in use on other V8s and V6s to the LS3.

The biggest problem I ever had with a Camaro was my 96 Z. After about 50 miles it made a noise and starting running very rough. Fortunately I lived close to the dealer. Lets just the say that the lift and duration of the valves was dynamically modifed by some "random" modifications that the cam made to itself. I was told while it did not happen all the time by any means, it was know to happen in some LT1s. Anyway, they replaced EVERYTHING from the clutch forward and took such good care of me that it turned into a customer service plus and is in fact one of the reasons I continue to buy GM today.

Do what make you feel comfortable, but I do not see any reason for fear based on the new car, the HUD is a different issue, and you can do what makes sense to you there as well.
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #42
c0rsa180

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
This car makes me want to not go to graduate school and start working right away just to buy it!!!!!!! Dammit im gonna have to wait till May of '09....DAMN!!!!!!!
c0rsa180 is offline   Reply With Quote