Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-29-2010, 10:48 PM   #29
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Language warning...

Old 06-30-2010, 01:19 AM   #30
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

The I-Phone is made for teenage girls. If your an I-Phone lover you will never be convienced that it sucks cause you drank the koolaid. I own an Android phone and love it!! I can text while the bluetooth is running through my car stereo and my turn by turn gps is running and I can surf the web if I wanted too!! They have an open format for people to upload new apps and so much more freedom to customize your phone. They also have phones on every carrier. I-phone does have it's place but not in my grown up world!!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #31
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGirl View Post

The I-Phone is made for teenage girls. If your an I-Phone lover you will never be convienced that it sucks cause you drank the koolaid. I own an Android phone and love it!! I can text while the bluetooth is running through my car stereo and my turn by turn gps is running and I can surf the web if I wanted too!! They have an open format for people to upload new apps and so much more freedom to customize your phone. They also have phones on every carrier. I-phone does have it's place but not in my grown up world!!
I'm not an iPhone lover, but I sure think it's cool!....I wouldn't mind owning one
Old 06-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #32
Days75

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS A6
I am absolutely enjoying the hell out of my iPhone 4 (it's iPhone not I-Phone). I have had no issues, not saying they are perfect because my Fiancee's is quirky about the front facing camera freezing up. I think calling it a teenage girl's phone is pointless and about the same maturity level as a teenage girl! Android has a nice features for being open-source, but the biggest problem is they have a new phone out every month that beats the latest phone from HTC, Moto, Dell, etc....And if you have to sign a two year contract to get the latest and greatest one thats going to be outdated in a few months, I find that ridiculous. Sure iPhone dates itself when a new phone comes out yearly but most of the time you are given the option for early upgrade, and I was able to skip the 3gs upgrade and be free of contract for a year and still able to use a great phone that ran the updated OS until iPhone 4 was out and hell I could run iOS4 on the 3g but its like putting Win7 on an XP spec computer. With Android you have flavors of the OS that go from 1.3 to 2.xx that are currently sold and may or may not run the most current version.

Anyways I get that there will be fanboys/girls on both sides and I am an Apple fanboy, however I love all technology and have a Windows 7 computer running next to my iMac and can't wait to have an Android Tablet. Just annoys the hell out of me when someone spouts all of the BS about how one phone is better than the other without actually doing their homework.

Oh and I'm going to go ahead and put this out there because it will come up. All my opinion feel free to argue the other sides I am always open to suggestions.

iPhone doesn't run FLASH - Does it need to? Flash is riddled with zero-day exploits and opens up a platform for many errors.

iPhone doesn't have a replaceable battery - my iPhone and iPhone 3g never needed too, and I left it on the charger every night. Battery cover is just another part of the phone that's liable to come off or need to be replaced.

iPhone doesn't have replaceable memory card - Again I never found a need for this, I fill my phone to the brim with movies and music and 60% never gets listened to or watched.

iPhone drops 10billion calls a day - True but blame AT&T on this one, their service is shit and can't wait to have iPhone on another carrier.

iPhone has a smaller screen than EVO or Droid X- True but compare the screens side by side indoors and out (AMOLED vs Retina) and watch movies and read text and tell me which screen is better, I did this and went with the one that looked the best not the biggest.

iPhone is to closed down and their app approval is BS - Agreed in sense that some good apps get turned away. But it does keep malicious apps out.

iPhone has antenna issues - You just purchased a $200-300 phone put a damn case on it. And no not talking about the $30 rubber band Apple sales.

Okay /Rant off

I had to say my peace
Days75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #33
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

I lol-ed. So much.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #34
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Days75 View Post
iPhone has antenna issues - You just purchased a $200-300 phone put a damn case on it. And no not talking about the $30 rubber band Apple sales.
Yeah. You bought a $300 phone. For $300, I would expect the phone to actually work however I want to hold it without needing a stupid rubber case to go around it. My Samsung Omnia has an area that is actually marked with "Internal Antenna Inside, for best performance, do NOT touch while phone is in use" and it works perfectly fine even if I cover that area.

Don't get me wrong, I love Apple (I own a MacBook Pro and it's just about the best laptop I've ever owned), but this whole iPhone 4 thing is just ridiculous.

And if anyone has an iPhone 3G or iPod touch from that time period, don't bother upgrading to iOS4. My iPod touch is freaking out now, apps are crashing like crazy.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #35
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Internal Apple Document customer service representatives are supposed to use regarding the antenna problem:

a. The iPhone 4's wireless performance is the best we have ever shipped. Our testing shows that iPhone 4's overall antenna performance is better than iPhone 3GS.
b. Gripping almost any mobile phone in certain places will reduce its reception. This is true of the iPhone 4, the iPhone 3GS, and many other phones we have tested. It is a fact of life in the wireless world.
c. If you are experiencing this on your iPhone 3GS, avoid covering the bottom-right side with your hand.
d. If you are experiencing this on your iPhone 4, avoid covering the black strip in the lower-left corner of the metal band.
e. The use of a case or Bumper that is made out of rubber or plastic may improve wireless performance by keeping your hand from directly covering these areas.
2. Do not perform warranty service. Use the positioning above for any customer questions or concerns.
3. Don't forget YOU STILL NEED to probe and troubleshoot. If a customer calls about their reception while the phone is sitting on a table (not being held) it is not the metal band.
4. ONLY escalate if the issue exists when the phone is not held AND you cannot resolve it.
5. We ARE NOT appeasing customers with free bumpers -- DON'T promise a free bumper to customers.

This will come back to bite them in the butt.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:01 PM   #36
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Yeah. You bought a $300 phone. For $300, I would expect the phone to actually work however I want to hold it without needing a stupid rubber case to go around it. My Samsung Omnia has an area that is actually marked with "Internal Antenna Inside, for best performance, do NOT touch while phone is in use" and it works perfectly fine even if I cover that area.

Don't get me wrong, I love Apple (I own a MacBook Pro and it's just about the best laptop I've ever owned), but this whole iPhone 4 thing is just ridiculous.

And if anyone has an iPhone 3G or iPod touch from that time period, don't bother upgrading to iOS4. My iPod touch is freaking out now, apps are crashing like crazy.
Add to this that these phones aren't just used to make phone calls. If you're playing a game, you may NEED to hold the phone differently, and when you do so you might cause the phone to lose reception and not receive any calls.

Simply put, this was bad design, or a manufacturing problem (since it isn't happening on all phones). Apple should be fixing this...not saying "You're doing it wrong".

I've owned a variety of different phones over the years, from Windows Mobiles to the Android...and NEVER had this issue. Apple claims this happens, but they are talking out of their ass on this.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGirl View Post

I chose the iPhone a few years ago because it is the best phone for my business. It has a server network that syncs ALL of my devices, Bonnies phone, my phone and our computers at work, without ever having to hook it up to the computer. I can put a number in Bonnies phone in 30 seconds by typing it into my phone. Pics, Appointments, contact info and all. We can literally do all of our scheduling in our phones and 30 seconds later they are already in the PC and each others phone. A business tool that I have yet to find anywhere else.

I love the iPhone because of this and more. AND I HATE having to have an iPhone. Didn't want one. But tell me another phone that can instantly sync together with our computers and devices, instantly over the air. I might get it.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #38
Days75

Quote:

I also bought a $37,000 car I don't expect everything to be perfect in it because its a new design.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #39
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
The antenna problem is not only on the iphone 4. Its nothing new, anybody have an lg VU? hold it with your left hand and watch the bars disappear.
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #40
Green Monster

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green, 6-sp auto
iPhone is the best smart phone I have ever owned. I'm going to wait until the white ones are released...
Old 06-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #41
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Is anyone having trouble getting onto Itunes. I lost my phone in the ocean two days ago and had to buy a new Iphone out right. Sucks, I know. I can't get my computer to load Itunes.
Help.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #42
Days75

You don't have itunes installed at all or you are needing the latest version of it?