Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 07-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #519
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
What's up fellas...and Liz? This Friday is the next RaceLegal. Throw your names down here to RSVP and let me know if you will be racing or spectating.

Those that can...meet up at Staples in Mission Valley at 5PM and be prepared toll out at 530PM and head to the Q together.

As always, $10 for spectators and $30 for all you can race racers! Discount if you buy your tickets on base...or have a friend who can buy it for ya!

Afterwards we often go grab a bite or drinks at the Tilted Kilt.

H3LLH0uNd84, Obzen, SD2011SS, Shaun SS, Gonzo, H1Chester...you in for RL? Who else can I call out?
Well since I got called out looks like I gotta go. Spectator here.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #520
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
My cars at the dealer so hopefully I have it back by Friday.
A week at the dealer? What happened?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #521
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
A week at the dealer? What happened?
I'm hopefully getting my AFM lifters replaced. I've been getting some lifter tick for a while so I want to get them replaced before I put my headers and tune on and void my warranty. I don't think it will take a week but by the time they diagnose the problem, order and receive the parts, do the work, who knows how long it will take. With my luck they are going to say its normal and not do anything about it even though there is a service bulletin for the fix. I'm planning an LS3 conversion but I'm not sure when that's going to happen so figured I might as well get it taken care of while I still have the warranty.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #522
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
I'm hopefully getting my AFM lifters replaced. I've been getting some lifter tick for a while so I want to get them replaced before I put my headers and tune on and void my warranty. I don't think it will take a week but by the time they diagnose the problem, order and receive the parts, do the work, who knows how long it will take. With my luck they are going to say its normal and not do anything about it even though there is a service bulletin for the fix. I'm planning an LS3 conversion but I'm not sure when that's going to happen so figured I might as well get it taken care of while I still have the warranty.
Ah gotcha. Unless its REALLY bad, yeah they will probably say its normal. Lifter noise is for the most part normal but not if its annoyingly loud.

Just a word of warning, be prepared for lifter noise once you put your LT's on. You're car will sound awesome though
Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #523
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Ah gotcha. Unless its REALLY bad, yeah they will probably say its normal. Lifter noise is for the most part normal but not if its annoyingly loud.

Just a word of warning, be prepared for lifter noise once you put your LT's on. You're car will sound awesome though
Yea I'm not too worried about it. If it gets fixed it gets fixed, if it doesnt it doesnt. It's really loud on a cold start up but it doesnt happen too often. It only lasts for about a second when it happens. Stupid poorly designed AFM lifters. I'm actually kind of hoping they just say its normal and they arent gonna do anything so I can get my car back. I hate it sitting down there in the lot. Once again this morning they tried to give me a hard time about the K&N intake saying that the ticking could be caused by the intake. I called their bluff lol.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #524
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
I'm in.
Quote:
Well since I got called out looks like I gotta go. Spectator here.
Got you both down! Who else is in???

Oh...posted info abt the next cruise on Facebook. Go check it out! Will post up on C5 later this week.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #525
Navycorpsman

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary
im in possibly racing
Navycorpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #526
Navycorpsman

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary
ill be meeting up with you guys at 5
Navycorpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #527
robscamaro
TAZ

Drives: 2SSRS Black Gray stripes
Change in plans cant go!! Next time.
robscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #528
H1Chester
Bowties forever

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport
It doesn't look like I'll be bringing down the Camaro, might drive down to hang out and spectate though. Lucy is still in the shop trying to get T3 ports installed, and waiting on 2 wheels to come back... Long story, but thanks to FedEx freight damaging my parts I haven't driven the Camaro in two weeks. Pretty sh!tty.
5% tint, AC red interior overhead LED, footwell, grill and engine bay lighting, license plate LEDs, reverse LEDs, painted black badges, bowtie, and tail light bezels, Heritage grill, T3 ports with LEDs, T3 splitter with cooler, carbon fiber vinyl hashmarks, TSW Nurburgring wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Hurst shifter, RX 1LE catch can, Rotofab intake, American Racing headers, Flowmaster exhaust, CMS camshaft, 3.91 rear end, BMR suspension, StopTech rotors, steel brake lines 456RWHP 422Tq on Mustang Dynamometer. Built, tuned by Cunningham Motorsports. SD Region SCCA
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #529
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navycorpsman View Post
ill be meeting up with you guys at 5
Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robscamaro View Post
Change in plans cant go!! Next time.
Bummer. Catch you next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1Chester View Post
It doesn't look like I'll be bringing down the Camaro, might drive down to hang out and spectate though. Lucy is still in the shop trying to get T3 ports installed, and waiting on 2 wheels to come back... Long story, but thanks to FedEx freight damaging my parts I haven't driven the Camaro in two weeks. Pretty sh!tty.
Damn...2 weeks?! FedEx lost my work computer and with all my interview notes (I'm a recruiter) and that frustrated the F outta me!

BTW gents...posted info on the next cruise on Facebook at www.facebook.com/socalcamaro5. Will post info up on C5 later this week hopefully.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #530
H1Chester
Bowties forever

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Quote:
Damn...2 weeks?! FedEx lost my work computer and with all my interview notes (I'm a recruiter) and that frustrated the F outta me!
Yup FedEx busted up the T3 bumper, which I am going to have them just send the ports now for the shop to install AND they damaged two wheels!
5% tint, AC red interior overhead LED, footwell, grill and engine bay lighting, license plate LEDs, reverse LEDs, painted black badges, bowtie, and tail light bezels, Heritage grill, T3 ports with LEDs, T3 splitter with cooler, carbon fiber vinyl hashmarks, TSW Nurburgring wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Hurst shifter, RX 1LE catch can, Rotofab intake, American Racing headers, Flowmaster exhaust, CMS camshaft, 3.91 rear end, BMR suspension, StopTech rotors, steel brake lines 456RWHP 422Tq on Mustang Dynamometer. Built, tuned by Cunningham Motorsports. SD Region SCCA
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:34 AM   #531
SD2011SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS-RS
Quote:
What's up fellas...and Liz? This Friday is the next RaceLegal. Throw your names down here to RSVP and let me know if you will be racing or spectating.

Those that can...meet up at Staples in Mission Valley at 5PM and be prepared toll out at 530PM and head to the Q together.

As always, $10 for spectators and $30 for all you can race racers! Discount if you buy your tickets on base...or have a friend who can buy it for ya!

Afterwards we often go grab a bite or drinks at the Tilted Kilt.

H3LLH0uNd84, Obzen, SD2011SS, Shaun SS, Gonzo, H1Chester...you in for RL? Who else can I call out?
ill more than likely be there lol.. its not like I have much of a life these days being out of work.. :bangdesk:
Old 07-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #532
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
This coming friday (the 13th) right?
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote