Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #43
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Lightweight manual seats, maybe even no console, just a shifter out of the floor and a center mounted tach.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #44
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
At this point, Janet et al, there is little for me to add. The ZEE-folks are genuine, serious intenders. And, to wear that most iconic badge, an LS7 is highly desired...and a most fitting fairwell to this Gen...

We truly appreciate this opportunity to contribute...and our input for Gen-6, when appropriate, would be appreciated, too. By ALL concerned, I believe...

Thanks...one and ALL.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #45
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
At this point, Janet et al, there is little for me to add. The ZEE-folks are genuine, serious intenders. And, to wear that most iconic badge, an LS7 is highly desired...and a most fitting fairwell to this Gen...

We truly appreciate this opportunity to contribute...and our input for Gen-6, when appropriate, would be appreciated, too. By ALL concerned, I believe...

Thanks...one and ALL.
Anything less than LS7 at this point will be a diluted attempt in the eyes of the most loyal. I believe the faithful might just look at a 1LE (LS3)as betrayal if it wore the badge. (Talking 5th Gen Z/28 here). Would be better to save the Z/28 name for 6th Gen rather than assign it to 426/430 hp edition. Thanks for oppty to input.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #46
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Janet -- ask the team to give these guys their Z28!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
A Z28 built off a 1ss with an LS7. Or just use this link to show what we mean. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Where is Lowdown when we need him.......

We also decided on a beefed up drive train.... For me personally I would rather see Pedders suspension bit's thrown in from the factory. I'm sure JP would like to see that as well.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post
In a 5th gen. please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
but dump the fake mail slot on the Z. Use the V6 or ZL1 front fascia.
Quote:
Whatever you are going to be shown had better not be an "instead of" the Z/28. We do not want a poor man's ZL1, we want a Z/28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Wow!!! Been busy today and missed this.

I can make it real simple. Fbodfather asked if we would like the 1LE as shown. The answer is YES (we assume it has the ZL1 drivetrain)! it would compete well with the boss (that means it beats it). That being said quite a number of faithfuls to this section of the forum (self definately included) want a 5th Gen Z28, "Real" bad. Take the 1LE and transplant the LS7 in it and you have a boss LS competitor (killer). What a way to end the 5th Gen. If possible we would like to have a dealer installed Pedders Supercars system optional to the MRC. (did I say that right Pete?)

Thank you for your support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
"(we assume it has the ZL1 drivetrain)!"- just to clarify, that would be ZL1 drivetrain minus the LSA engine.
Clyde
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Hello Janet,

We have spent countless hours discussing the 5th Gen Z/28 with our friends here on Camaro5. The wheel and tire package should be square -- the same size front and rear. While many would really like to see our 305/30/19 package or something close to it would be good.

Please let all the disciples know how much we appreciate their work on the 5th Gen and look forward to the results of you hard work on the 6th Gen.
Quote:
The LS3 1LE is not going to do 1320 ft any faster than our SS cars and if we wanted to track our cars, we could Pedderize an SS for cheaper then the LS3 1LE would be priced at. Need the LS7 with the Z/28 badge......

One thing that concerns me is that if a Z/28 does not come out for the 2013 model year and the 1LE does then I have to ask if they are going to bother at all to build a Z/28 for the 5th gen. Assuming that the 6th gen comes out in 2015 as a 2016 model, we are running out of time.

Even if they did, how would a Z/28 differ from a 1LE or a ZL1? The Corvette guys pretty much let it slip that the LS7 won't be around for the C7 Corvette (next year) so if ever there was a time to pursuade the engineering powers that be to hold on to the LS7 until the end of the 5thgen, now is the time to put that engine into a camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Cold air intake slot hood ala 1967 427 Vette..... with hood pins for that "race" feel. Z/28 should have it own unique hood.

Oversize rear axles and tighter suspension, but MR not required. Pedderized OK!

Ditto what Justice Pete said too: square setup on wheels. 19".
Spare from factory OPTION.

Oh yea...... A8 speed tuned hd automatic (option). No flack please (for those who aren't diehard racers and want to avoid GG tax if possible). It will nominally stay in 3 gears around the track and stay in torque zone for those who choose to go off road.
Quote:

Thanks...one and ALL.
Instead of repeating what was posted, and what we have previously discussed, I hope you guys, and Janet, do not mind me just highlighting what my comrades said. Oh, and ground effects similar to the ZL1 or a Z28 specific ground effects package would be sweet as well.....with just a few badges...and no embroidered frills or decals etc... , thank you Janet and The Disciple Team!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #47
awh3r

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1
Wish List

Z/28
RAM air hood intake
Dark Gold stripe package
awh3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #48
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
GM Performance Parts upgrade package for ZL1--new pulley and tune with 2 yr/24,000 or 3 yr 36,000 powertrain warranty...
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #49
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
I'd like to see the following in a Camaro (put whatever badging you want SS, Z/28, et al).

1. Forged engine internals (LS3, LS7 or LSA).
2. Heavy duty clutch, and better master slave cylinder and associated hydraulic hardware, separate the reservoir from the brakes.
3. TR6060 that doesn't have gearing issues (fix syncros, stronger internal components).
4. Stronger driveshaft.
5. Stronger axles.
6. Stronger differential (whatever gearing you choose I don't care).
7. Better cooling tranny / diff.
8. Better suspension parts (sways, end-links, springs, et al).
9. Touch screen audio in the vehicle with GPS (at over $400 p/yr. for OnStar improving the audio system to support visual GPS, I'm sure most people would easily pay a little extra for the vehicle).

I know a lot of people will say that's a ZL1, however, I would have expected the Camaro SS+ would be built this way as the baseline car, and the difference between an SS, Z/28 and ZL1 would be engine options (LS3, LS7, LSA), upgraded suspension (MRC, and / or coilovers), different wheels and tire packages, supercharger (on ZL1).

Considering each vehicle (SS, ZL1 and / or future Z/28) are the higher performance versions they should all come standard track ready, and the difference between them should simply be focused on purpose building (with street, drag and road course tunes). ie - All are good for daily use, drag, and road course, but one may be better for drag, another may be better balanced for drag and road course, another may be better balanced for road course.

Seems like working backwards, SS (good car but needs tons of work), ZL1 (has all the work done that the SS should have started with), now Z/28 (totally different than a SS or ZL1).

One vehicle should build on the other, not be a 90% degree change. Just my .02 cents.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #50
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Janet, are you asking for input on the 5th gen or you really looking for cues on a 6th gen?

Shorter wheelbase
Lighter
No fake scoops
Delete quarter windows
More rear axle gear ratio options
Better placement of cup holders
Old 02-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #51
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Janet, since we seek a "hot"-engined naturally aspirated version, Ram Air would be helpful in making horsepower. Heat extraction would be helpful in maintaining horsepower.

To my knowledge, NO ONE has amalgamated these two well-received Camaro hood designs into ONE appropriate-for-this-version hood.

Yes, please!

In fact, the Leno-look facia (with ZL1-style splitter) and rear 1/4 scoops would be greatly (and gratefully!) accepted, as well...
Attached Images

LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #52
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
The only 2 things I would change (bc I have already) would be the exhaust (louder stock please) and those stupid summer Pirelli tires (mine is a DD and they are awful in the cold weather).

I LOVE everything else about my 2SS.

OH . . . and thanks for asking us.

Last edited by Lydon; 02-22-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: add'l comment
Lydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #53
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Janet, since we seek a "hot"-engined naturally aspirated version, Ram Air would be helpful in making horsepower. Heat extraction would be helpful in maintaining horsepower.

To my knowledge, NO ONE has amalgamated these two well-received Camaro hood designs into ONE appropriate-for-this-version hood.

Yes, please!

In fact, the Leno-look facia (with ZL1-style splitter) and rear 1/4 scoops would be greatly (and gratefully!) accepted, as well...
You've got my vote!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #54
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
carbon fiber hood/trunk/roof(painted or not painted, don't care)
magnesium wheels

body should look different in a couple ways, at least, from the other models

ls7 with some upgrades= more than 505hp, maybe 530hp
Closer ratio shifting trans for m6
lower gearing=4.10 in m6 or 3.73 for a6
Track/street friendly aerodynamic bodyparts( or make them optional)

ZL1 Exhaust

MR optional or manual adjustable shocks(both optional)

no backseat or make it removeable

less is more option= wide open

7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #55
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:

Yes, please!

...well, you may be onto something. Vent trapped hot engine compartment air in addition to the ram-air induction. I intially posted for a ZL2 hood design for the high pressure air that builds at the base of the windshield, but maybe a ram air design, ducted to a forward-facing inlet in the front bumper, grill, or upper vallence facia might be the best? There is an optimal ground heigth for ram air, I think it's somewhere between 16-24 inches?. Some tinkering around in a new location for the optimal airflow would be needed. Maybe take out the foglight/DRL and place it there?
This was taken from an author off the 'net....
"With the right ducting, a proper ram-air tube can be up to 25 percent more efficient than a cowl induction hood and may actually generate as much as 2 to 3 psi of boost at very high speed"

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 02-22-2012 at 05:17 PM.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #56
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...well, you may be onto something. Vent trapped hot engine compartment air in addition to the ram-air induction. I intially posted for a ZL2 hood design for the high pressure air that builds at the base of the windshield, but maybe a ram air design, ducted to a forward-facing inlet in the front bumper, grill, or upper vallence facia might be the best? There is an optimal ground heigth for ram air, I think it's somewhere between 16-24 inches?. Some tinkering around in a new location for the optimal airflow would be needed. Maybe take out the foglight/DRL and place it there?
This was taken from an author off the 'net....
"With the right ducting, a proper ram-air tube can be up to 25 percent more efficient than a cowl induction hood and may actually generate as much as 2 to 3 psi of boost at very high speed"
I had Ram Air on my '68 442, there were two scoops at the bottom of the front bumper, I think they also ran a slightly better cam with those ram air packages.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
where's our z/28?