Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 08-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #43
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
One thing that should be mentioned here is the selection of the track based on your level of safety gear. Some tracks are much safer than others. For example, I wouldn't want to track the Nurburgring without a rollcage and a HANS . But in my area, there are slower tracks with smooth runout and very few walls to hit. If my Camaro were still stock, I'd stick to the safer tracks.
+1. There are quite a few new tracks opened in my area, and they are all much safer than the older tracks opened up during an era, when safety was not #1 priority.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #44
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
One thing that should be mentioned here is the selection of the track based on your level of safety gear. Some tracks are much safer than others. For example, I wouldn't want to track the Nurburgring without a rollcage and a HANS . But in my area, there are slower tracks with smooth runout and very few walls to hit. If my Camaro were still stock, I'd stick to the safer tracks.
That's a good point. I try to track areas that have very forgiving run offs and few walls / barriers.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #45
Balok

Drives: 2014 Spring Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
That's a good point. I try to track areas that have very forgiving run offs and few walls / barriers.

VIR has its share of nasty spots, but so far I've been very conservative entering them. But there's lots of run off, but it's usually through grass straight to the fence and the grass don't slow you down much!
Balok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #46
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
That's because you.... errrrrr WE need them.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #47
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
VIR is cake, go to Watkins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balok View Post

VIR has its share of nasty spots, but so far I've been very conservative entering them. But there's lots of run off, but it's usually through grass straight to the fence and the grass don't slow you down much!
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #48
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
here are my seats. i take terrible pictures. one is too close, one is from outside the car and you cant really see the seats.
hey crush, i think we have the same splitter. is that the apr? i got the apr from proven wicked. i want the wing that wicked sells too. is that the wing you have? i dont really need a wing but the splitter did way more than i thought it would and the rear was loose in the high speed esses at VIR. ive finally got some good tarz now so that should help with the grip.
Attached Images

JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #49
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Great thread for us all!

^^^^^^
Looking good!

ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #50
Balok

Drives: 2014 Spring Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
VIR is cake, go to Watkins!
It's at the top of my "some day" list!
Balok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #51
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
here are my seats. i take terrible pictures. one is too close, one is from outside the car and you cant really see the seats.
hey crush, i think we have the same splitter. is that the apr? i got the apr from proven wicked. i want the wing that wicked sells too. is that the wing you have? i dont really need a wing but the splitter did way more than i thought it would and the rear was loose in the high speed esses at VIR. ive finally got some good tarz now so that should help with the grip.
Looking good! My wing is an APR GT-250. APR has recently released it with brackets for our Camaros. Flimsy mounting though, I had to reinforce under the trunk lid. The wing really helps on the track, night and day faster at the tracks I run.

Good to hear the splitter is working for you. For me, my friends tell me that it looks like I'm popping wheelies down the fast straights. I need more front aero, wish I could do something like the Z/28. Not sure if this APR splitter is enough. But the lap times are very good, so it must be doing something right.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #52
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Looking good! My wing is an APR GT-250. APR has recently released it with brackets for our Camaros. Flimsy mounting though, I had to reinforce under the trunk lid. The wing really helps on the track, night and day faster at the tracks I run.

Good to hear the splitter is working for you. For me, my friends tell me that it looks like I'm popping wheelies down the fast straights. I need more front aero, wish I could do something like the Z/28. Not sure if this APR splitter is enough. But the lap times are very good, so it must be doing something right.
I know you have the hood vents. Do you have the belly pan? Those two pieces work hand in hand for front downforce.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #53
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
I know you have the hood vents. Do you have the belly pan? Those two pieces work hand in hand for front downforce.
No I don't have the belly pan, thanks for the tip I'll look into it. Matt (Dropspeed) said that my hood vents may not be in the optimum spot to create downforce / relieve lift and suggested the stock 2014+ vents would be better. Still got some research to do on aero.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #54
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
No I don't have the belly pan, thanks for the tip I'll look into it. Matt (Dropspeed) said that my hood vents may not be in the optimum spot to create downforce / relieve lift and suggested the stock 2014+ vents would be better. Still got some research to do on aero.
If they are close to the windshield then thats a good possibility. If I'm remembering right the belly pan reduces lift by 9%.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #55
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
Like the setup. May I ask, who/where the cage is from?

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #56
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
Orange Crush, I'm assuming your cage is custom? I would love to have something like
that.