Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-20-2015, 05:09 PM   #57
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Here i can help with the scoop questions.

Here are a few pictures of the race scoop installed with the bumper.

The scoop itself will need to be trimmed in order to fit with this bumper. The depth of the bumper hits the scoop. The trimming is very minor. All you have to do is trim the rear of the scoop down where it connects to the car. This sucks the scoop closer to the car than the bumper. Very easy to do. You can trim the front as well. i just found it easier to do the rear portion since its not visible and you don't have to worry about how your cutting skills are!!

As far as rain in the scoop. Its no different than a stock SS bumper and water.

As long as your not driving in flood waters, you will be fine. The Intake is designed for this.

Here is an actual quote from Chase at Apex Motorsports when asked about water getting into the intake.

"There is nothing to worry about. In order for water to get to the air box it would have to enter the scoop, negotiate a 45 degree corner, make a 90 degree turn upward, and then climb about 12 inches vertically. While the scoop does direct additional cool dense air flow into the intake it does not create a vacuum capable of doing all that. Water vapor condenses against the back wall of the scoop and is drained through weep holes in the bottom rear corners."

Old 03-20-2015, 06:02 PM   #58
desieng

Drives: '11 SW 2SS/RS LS3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey D View Post
I'm giving this a few days to get going, otherwise I am going to buy for the normal price. I want this bumper on my car like yesterday.
I'm also ready to order mine ... who else is ready?
desieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:53 PM   #59
ny2ss/rs
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I am looking to order 1 next week
ny2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #60
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester06 View Post
No I don't have photos, I was thinking about purchasing it from Apex, but if the bumper would interfere with it I obviously would buy the air scoop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See TRC-SS post above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yimetime View Post
Also do you have some more pictures of the bumper on cars without body kits? I have none, and am actually wondering now if it would not jive with the rest of my car.
I think it still goes pretty well without side skirts and all the extra's. Here are some that are without the extra body kit pieces:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Here i can help with the scoop questions.

Here are a few pictures of the race scoop installed with the bumper.

The scoop itself will need to be trimmed in order to fit with this bumper. The depth of the bumper hits the scoop. The trimming is very minor. All you have to do is trim the rear of the scoop down where it connects to the car. This sucks the scoop closer to the car than the bumper. Very easy to do. You can trim the front as well. i just found it easier to do the rear portion since its not visible and you don't have to worry about how your cutting skills are!!

As far as rain in the scoop. Its no different than a stock SS bumper and water.

As long as your not driving in flood waters, you will be fine. The Intake is designed for this.

Here is an actual quote from Chase at Apex Motorsports when asked about water getting into the intake.

"There is nothing to worry about. In order for water to get to the air box it would have to enter the scoop, negotiate a 45 degree corner, make a 90 degree turn upward, and then climb about 12 inches vertically. While the scoop does direct additional cool dense air flow into the intake it does not create a vacuum capable of doing all that. Water vapor condenses against the back wall of the scoop and is drained through weep holes in the bottom rear corners."

Thanks again Tim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny2ss/rs View Post
I am looking to order 1 next week
Should we put your name on the list?
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #61
Jester06

Drives: 2013 White L99 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey D View Post
I'm giving this a few days to get going, otherwise I am going to buy for the normal price. I want this bumper on my car like yesterday.
I'm ready when everyone else is! Lets get this going!!!

Current mods: Pfadt Tri-y Headers with Hi-Flow Cats, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle body, CAI intake by Cold Air Inductions, Apex Air Scoop/Washer relocation set, RX Catch Can, Stainless Works 3" retro Chambered cat back exhaust, Flex Fuel sensor, 3.91 gear ratio, BMR rear trailing arms, BMR Rear Toe rods

Future Mods: GPI's SS3 VVT cam, 3600 stall triple disc torque converter, Fast LSX 102mm throttle body
Jester06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:18 PM   #62
Yimetime

Drives: 11 BLK 2SS/RS
I am ready also, but I can wait if ny2ss/rs wants to wait. It is the weekend either ways so I understand that Rideskinz will probably be closed over the weekend. I am in no rush for the bumper
Old 03-20-2015, 09:45 PM   #63
Yimetime

Drives: 11 BLK 2SS/RS
Also, this is for Rideskinz. Does the LED bar in the slots come in an RGB version that can be purchased through you or on eBay?
Old 03-21-2015, 01:49 AM   #64
MrTeacher

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Tony, this is Zach, I've been emailing you recently about ordering the Agressor 2 hood for my 2010 IBM 2LT/RS but would love to get in on this group buy if we can still make it work to get the fascia painted like I requested ( IBM with the bottom middle part glossy black along with the bottommost strip all along the bottom) without the mail slot, but with the LED lighting, such that I can come down to your shop and get it installed one day during the week of Mar 30-Apr 3. I love how it looks on the IBM Camaro in the photo you recently posted. I also have the heritage grille. Please let me know, I'm ready to go/pay/etc when you are. :-)
MrTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:21 AM   #65
ny2ss/rs
2018 ZL1 1LE

I will order the bumper when ever I am ready 720 I am in let me know how and who I pay
Old 03-21-2015, 09:04 AM   #66
ny2ss/rs
2018 ZL1 1LE

Sorry that did not come out right .. I am ready to order the bumper . Let me know how and to who
Old 03-21-2015, 09:37 AM   #67
Jester06

Drives: 2013 White L99 SS
Yea, we should know soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current mods: Pfadt Tri-y Headers with Hi-Flow Cats, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle body, CAI intake by Cold Air Inductions, Apex Air Scoop/Washer relocation set, RX Catch Can, Stainless Works 3" retro Chambered cat back exhaust, Flex Fuel sensor, 3.91 gear ratio, BMR rear trailing arms, BMR Rear Toe rods

Future Mods: GPI's SS3 VVT cam, 3600 stall triple disc torque converter, Fast LSX 102mm throttle body
Jester06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:11 PM   #68
desieng

Drives: '11 SW 2SS/RS LS3 Vert
Added MrTeacher and ny2ss/rs to the list

Tony how do you want payment?
Do you want deposit now and rest when it ships or how do you usually do it?

Also - any update on the mesh grill being included since we've got a larger group than originally anticipated?
desieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:05 PM   #69
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
If we can get more than 10 people, will the discount go down even more? [; (srsly though)
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:25 PM   #70
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Yimetime, Dmpsix and other Texas residents, where y'all taking yours for paint?
Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote