Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 03-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #8009
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
There is a guy with an IOM 2010 SS that has the Squires rear mounted twin turbos. http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...rbo-10xcam.htm

I've only seen him at the Golden Cruises.... a well known company in Texas did the install from what I recall. He's running the dual pod gauges and M6. I don't remember him having massive power #s, but very respectable. Probably the same one Ted has seen.
I will never understand the concept of putting turbos 15 ft away from the engine....
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #8010
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
Not yet...
There's going to be one more in the near future.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #8011
walhan_qtr
..[ Z06-QTR ]..

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS RS M6/ 07 C6 Z06
Send a message via MSN to walhan_qtr Send a message via Yahoo to walhan_qtr Send a message via Skype™ to walhan_qtr
I understand what you are saying but its not new... its been done for years and works fine. at elevation turbos are the best type of FI as far as power goes. I used to have a twin turbo kit on my vette that made 820whp SAE corrected and wow what a feeling. My kit was a cheap kit though (hence why I sold it and decided to do F1X procharger now) but was still the most fun I have ever had in all corvettes I have driven including the F1R 980whp Z06.

Just one thing is make sure you buy a good quality kit if going that direction.
- 10 Black Camaro LS3, 2SS/RS, H/C/I, bolt-ons, Spec. (470whp/450wtq).
- 07 Black Corvette C6(SOLD).
- 98 White/Red Corvette C5(SOLD).

walhan_qtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #8012
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

TT's (lol....just said that out loud)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walhan_qtr View Post
I understand what you are saying but its not new... its been done for years and works fine. at elevation turbos are the best type of FI as far as power goes. I used to have a twin turbo kit on my vette that made 820whp SAE corrected and wow what a feeling. My kit was a cheap kit though (hence why I sold it and decided to do F1X procharger now) but was still the most fun I have ever had in all corvettes I have driven including the F1R 980whp Z06.

Just one thing is make sure you buy a good quality kit if going that direction.
Trust me, I've always loved turbos...especially two of them.
What I was saying is that I don't get why someone would put turbos by the rear apron. That's like paying $10K for a boob job and wearing 3 sweaters to cover them up.

"No make-a no sense"
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears
Old 03-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #8013
inagain

Drives: *
Hey is Clint A.I.R involved with the KBPI Camaro build? Heard something this morning about them being at his location giving away tickets to a car.
inagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #8014
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS RS M6 TVS2300 2015 Z06
Hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
Trust me, I've always loved turbos...especially two of them.
What I was saying is that I don't get why someone would put turbos by the rear apron. That's like paying $10K for a boob job and wearing 3 sweaters to cover them up.

"No make-a no sense"
Just woke up from Hibernation,Car looks great rob
Old 03-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #8015
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLEB View Post
Just woke up from Hibernation,Car looks great rob
Holy $hit HE's ALIVE!!!
Thanks and welcome back. Are we gonna see you this year?!?!?!

Rob
Old 03-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #8016
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Question for you Colorado folks..

I am looking at KOOKS full exhaust. Do I need the green cats to pass emissions in this state?

Or can I just go with hi-flo cats and get a tune and still pass emissions?

I only ask because when I called KOOKS the guy said I need the green cats in the state of Colorado to pass.. I'm calling BS..

Thanks!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #8017
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post

I am looking at KOOKS full exhaust. Do I need the green cats to pass emissions in this state?

I only ask because when I called KOOKS the guy said I need the green cats in the state of Colorado to pass.. I'm calling BS..

Thanks!!
WTF is a Green Cat? Many parts of the state do not even have emissions, so depends on where you register your car. We don't here, so no cats "of any color", for this car!! GL!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #8018
dreksnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post

Thanks!!

They say, and you know "they" know everything, the green cats have more internal surface area for catalytic reaction; so they're suppose to work better at converting the airborne gunkies to inert happies (at nearly twice the cost of regular high flow cats). There are a few folks around the forums that have them but haven't seen anyone here in CO using them to attest to them working though the emission test stations. Moving right along, a couple of tuning shops provided several suggestions: (1) to have a removable cats to install for emissions, program an emissions friendly tune then remove and insert an open pipe, and retune, or (2) use a toned down tune (and don't go radical with a cam). Again, I haven't seen anyone around CO that has said either has worked. Why the Kooks fella said that might be to try and state compliance of the cats designed specs to work within an emission required area. I am not one of "they" who knows - so if you learn something useful - please share.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates

Last edited by dreksnot; 03-29-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #8019
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Garth should be able to answer this question as he lives in boulder county which is by far the most tree huggiing in the state and his car passed emissions, i think the test guy was blinded by the chrome stuff, not sure how, big cam and different everything.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #8020
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinrancho View Post
Garth should be able to answer this question as he lives in boulder county which is by far the most tree huggiing in the state and his car passed emissions, i think the test guy was blinded by the chrome stuff, not sure how, big cam and different everything.
He probably slipped the guy a Benjamin and ran Cheri's car through...That's what I would do.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #8021
SinisterEcho

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by inagain View Post
Hey is Clint A.I.R involved with the KBPI Camaro build? Heard something this morning about them being at his location giving away tickets to a car.
Yep. Saw the car about 2 weeks ago at his shop. Going up there again tomorrow to order a fuel pump, pulley for my supercharger, and set a date to have my cam and everything installed.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #8022
dreksnot

Sin, saw your car parked near Battlecreek and Timberline. I use to live down in Willow Springs a few years ago. How's that centri treating you? I've been toying the idea BIG time between TT and centri...

In excess of 1,000WHP

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro