Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #71
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I wouldn't say most.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #72
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
What would truly be nice would be any of the engine combo's mentioned above but packaged in a "low maintenance" method avoiding the expense of MRC, or tons of PTM.

Strong, simple, and course worthy at a low budget. VERY STRONG. Not ultra technologically advanced (let that remain the ZL1 domain)... And if the ZL1 rides off into the sunset and is no longer with us, then allow the Z28 to come in two packages. One budget, One OverKill.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #73
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Janet, I believe everyone is in unison when I say that the Z28 has to be a very unique vehicle. It can certainly draw parts and information from ZL1 and Corvette but it needs to be its own car that can be marked as the best Z28 of all time.

The LS7 quite simply has to be the heart and soul of the Z28. Anything else will dilute the marque.

Use the performance parts that were developed for the ZL1:
Front spitter, Lower front bumper with brake cooling ducts, Shock tower cross brace, 6 Piston front/4 Piston rear Brembos with the 2 pc. rotors, beefed up suspension components BUT NOT the MR system, upgraded transmissions both TR6060 and Automatic, Short-Shift Shifter, Dual mode exhaust, Beefed up ZL1 rear end.

This car HAS to have better seats. The Recaros used in the Boss 302 are the best for a reason. Use them! Because the Magnetic Shocks are not race accepted, pull the Pedders coil overs off of the GMPP shelf and put them on the Z28.

Use the 19" wheels from the CTS-V and put 285 tires on all four corners. Put a heat extractor hood on the car, either a variant of the ZL1 or Jay Leno hood. Use the upgraded HUD from the ZL1. Change the gauge faces to red like the ones used on the Camaro Black edition, see below.

The hard part will be keeping the car in the $42,000 to $45,000 range with the above parts. But whatever you do, DO NOT dilute the name Z28 just to make a car. If the decision is made to build a Z28, then make it right and make it worthy of the name Z28.
Attached Images

Last edited by OldJedi; 02-27-2012 at 09:15 AM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #74
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Janet, I believe everyone is in unison when I say that the Z28 has to be a very unique vehicle. It can certainly draw parts and information from ZL1 and Corvette but it needs to be its own car that can be marked as the best Z28 of all time.

The LS7 quite simply has to be the heart and soul of the Z28. Anything else will dilute the marque.

Front spitter, Lower front bumper with brake cooling ducts, Shock tower cross brace, 6 Piston front/4 Piston rear Brembos with the 2 pc. rotors, beefed up suspension components BUT NOT the MR system, upgraded transmissions both TR60606 and Automatic, Short-Shift Shifter, Dual mode exhaust, Beefed up ZL1 rear end.

This car HAS to have better seats. The Recaros used in the Boss 302 are the best for the reason. Use them! Because the Magnetic Shocks are not race accepted, pull the Pedders coil overs off of the GMPP shelf and put them on the Z28.

Use the 19" wheels from the CTS-V and put 285 tires on all four corners. Put a heat extractor hood on the car, either a variant of the ZL1 or Jay Leno hood. Use the upgraded HUD from the ZL1. Change the gauge faces to red like the ones used to Camaro Black edition.

The hard part will be keeping the car in the $42,000 to $45,000 range with the above parts. But whatever you do, DO NOT dilute the name Z28 just to make a car. If the decision is made to build a Z28, then make it right and make it worthy of the name Z28.
Oh you are good!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #75
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Oh you are good!
Thank you Sir. My ZL1 will be a car that I will keep forever but my heart will always want a Z28. Please GM, take the time and parts to build it right.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #76
SteveRS

Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
I have something... I'm Deployed and have things I want to add to my 1SS but lots are on back order.. the interior Trim.. I think its terrible the 1SS has little to NO options available.. but my 1LT/RS had the Convenience/connectivity package that i wanted in my 1SS.. i also wanted Ambient lighting.. its like I cant even get these things cause its all back order.. help me out here.. im savin up cash cause i wanna turn my 1Ss into a 1 1/2 SS lol i just dont want leather seats.. but a BLUETOOTH module would be pretty nice!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #77
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
I agree it has to be in this price range and on the low side if possible.

But I disagree with the talk on here about the Z28 name being so majestic as this was the standard V8 Camaro for many more years then being a special track version. IMO the 1LE was never used on any Camaro to my knowledge other than a track oriented version and has more cred if not more cache.

My vote would be use the 1LE here and keep it as cheap as possible with the good chassis bits and let the modders have at it.

Then later Chevy can build a really special hyper track car Z28 on the ATS platform. With this you would be restoring the name back to Gen 1 glory. If you use the name on a heavy compromised car not so much.

But then again don't do that, I would have to buy two more Camaros.

Last edited by Fraxum; 02-28-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #78
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:

Front spitter, Lower front bumper with brake cooling ducts, Shock tower cross brace, 6 Piston front/4 Piston rear Brembos with the 2 pc. rotors, beefed up suspension components BUT NOT the MR system, upgraded transmissions both TR6060 and Automatic, Short-Shift Shifter, Dual mode exhaust, Beefed up ZL1 rear end.

This car HAS to have better seats. The Recaros used in the Boss 302 are the best for a reason. Use them! Because the Magnetic Shocks are not race accepted, pull the Pedders coil overs off of the GMPP shelf and put them on the Z28.

Use the 19" wheels from the CTS-V and put 285 tires on all four corners. Put a heat extractor hood on the car, either a variant of the ZL1 or Jay Leno hood. Use the upgraded HUD from the ZL1. Change the gauge faces to red like the ones used on the Camaro Black edition, see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Oh you are good!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #79
Janet

Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
Thanks guys, I finally caught up with you. Notes are now recorded.

Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #80
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Janet, we ALL thank you for the opportunity...and your patience.

ZEE you soon!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #81
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
1)Make it possible so it won't be so packaged, make it so that there are more options available, so It can be personalized. I wouldn't want leather seats, I live in the deep south, my seats would need AC's LOL,
2) Keep the option for the LS7, If not use some of it's technology on the other engines
3) Give it a strong automatic transmission for those who want that option.
4) Give an option for different levels of suspension packages. Give it at least 11" wide wheels on the rear
5)Put an AMPMETER Gauge,I want to see what my alternator is charging
6)Put a WATER TEMPERATURE gauge that actually has readings. I want to know what the reading is without going to a different menu.
7)Go totally digital on the gauges.The speedometer is practically useless
8)How about a warning for low washer fluid.
9)Build the Tapshift buttons somewhere that you can use when making a hard turn maybe on the shift lever.
10) Make the Visors extendable so that they are useful when the sun is coming from the side.
11) Put more interior lighting.

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #82
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:

Sounds like my SS.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #83
Janet

Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
Thank you everyone for all of your input. I am putting together everything this weekend. If you have anything you want to add, please do so now. Again, I really appreciate all of your help and input.
Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #84
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Your welcome and we thank you for listening to our wants.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
where's our z/28?