Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #71
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Quote:
Toyota, Honda...companies that just make quality working cars.

LOL.
If everyone believes it to be true (the general public whom GM is losing to foreign automakers) that's all that matters. Laugh if you want but I can guarantee GM isn't laughing.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #72
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I picked my SS/RS up last Thursay. This Camaro is QUIET! At 70 miles per hour, you can carry on a conversation at normal levels. Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow tires have been installed on all four corners. All three lanes were snow covered and this Camaro tracked true and straight. One test came when I got home and found drifts in the driveway, not to mention a big wall of snow from snowplows on the street, I drove right up the driveway no problems! I didn't even turn on the radio during the first couple of drives because I wanted to 'experience' this new Camaro. On the way to Cleveland I put the first CD into the slot and the first song I listened to was "For Once In My Life" by Stevie Wonder. I started to listen to some of the lyrics "For once unafraid, I can go where life leads me, Somehow I know I'll be strong" and "For once I can touch, What my heart used to dream of"
and "For once I have something I know wont desert me, I'm not alone anymore, For once I can say, This is mine you can't take it' and I guess you have to walk in my shoes to perhaps understand those lyrics. Although I suspect that many of you DO understand.
Wow. I am again impressed by your true enthusiasm. And the 2010 Camaro SS is a truly great car. But that post was a little over the top. The interior is very quiet? Seriously something I don't even consider when choosing a performance coupe. The Pirelli winter tires that don't come on the car are great in the snow? If I manage to buy one it will never see the snow, so again seriously not something I even consider. And the application of the Stevie Wonder lyrics and equating them to the once in a lifetime acquisition of a 2010 Camaro SS? Well, that was what really took the post over the top. And everyone here better keep up with the payments on their new Camaros, or that "this is mine you can't take it" lyric won't apply when the repo man comes to get it.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #73
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Please stay on topic. Any more posts regarding ABL in this thread will be deleted. It is not on topic and this is not a playground to attack anyone. Do it from another website it you like. I'm not going to point fingers, and am making a blanket statement, because I can appreciate passion and enthusiasm; but things are getting beginning to get out of control. If it takes more action, it'll be taken. Again - I ask to stay on topic; no more attacking will be tollerated.

Respectfully...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #74
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
fbodfather, great post. I'm happy to hear your enthusiasm with how the car operates. Please keep letting us know.

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #75
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Thanks Scott, for everything!!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #76
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Please stay on topic. Any more posts regarding ABL in this thread will be deleted. It is not on topic and this is not a playground to attack anyone. Do it from another website it you like. I'm not going to point fingers, and am making a blanket statement, because I can appreciate passion and enthusiasm; but things are getting beginning to get out of control. If it takes more action, it'll be taken. Again - I ask to stay on topic; no more attacking will be tollerated.

Respectfully...
Radz, sorry to overstep you and the other mods who have posted here.

But, I had deleted the Off topic posts as they were pretty much sucking the life out of this thread.

As Radz said,

Keep it on topic. There are plenty of places to voice yourselves on ABL.

And thanks Scott. Keep us posted please.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #77
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
What about CGM?

Scott, it was your enthusiasm that drew me to this forum. Thanks for the refreshing comments. And please don't take any offense from some of the stuff you read on here.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #78
blckWS6TA

Drives: 1996 Trans Am WS6
Driving in snow with a Camaro = NO.

I would kill myself if I lived up north. Seriously.
442 RWTQ
blckWS6TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #79
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
Wow. I am again impressed by your true enthusiasm. And the 2010 Camaro SS is a truly great car. But that post was a little over the top. The interior is very quiet? Seriously something I don't even consider when choosing a performance coupe. The Pirelli winter tires that don't come on the car are great in the snow? If I manage to buy one it will never see the snow, so again seriously not something I even consider. And the application of the Stevie Wonder lyrics and equating them to the once in a lifetime acquisition of a 2010 Camaro SS? Well, that was what really took the post over the top. And everyone here better keep up with the payments on their new Camaros, or that "this is mine you can't take it" lyric won't apply when the repo man comes to get it.
well -- keep in mind that the Camaro must appeal to a wide audience.

You may not care about quietness -- but others do. I'm not talking engine noise -- (which I suspect many will modify the exhaust..) I'm talking tire roar -- now -- I don't know about everyone else, but our disciples told us that the car must be more refined -- it MUST be a 21st century Camaro -- so -- if you want noise -- crank up the Boston Accoustics Stereo -- or put on an accessory exhaust system -- or tear out the insulation for that matter....... Me? I can hear the LS3 talking to me -- but, at a steady 70mph on the Ohio turnpike -- a GREAT drive and no 'droning' and now loud tire roar........and that makes me happy -- and I think it will make a lot of people happy........time will tell.

Many of our buyers will have no choice but to drive their Camaros every day. ("Mom" Settlemire being one of them.....) You can bet that anyone who DOES have to drive the Camaro in the snow wants to hear about snow tires. (and if you'll read thru the thread -- my statement is proven..)

As to the Stevie Wonder lyrics -- please go back and read what I said -- something along the lines of "you have to walk in my shoes to understand" -- I get it that some don't understand it -- I ALSO understand that some do!

Sorry that you felt it was over the top! (on the other hand -- mebbe you just need to drive a 2010 Camaro SS!)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #80
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

You may not care about quietness -- but others do. I'm not talking engine noise -- (which I suspect many will modify the exhaust..) I'm talking tire roar -- now -- I don't know about everyone else, but our disciples told us that the car must be more refined -- it MUST be a 21st century Camaro -- so -- if you want noise -- crank up the Boston Accoustics Stereo -- or put on an accessory exhaust system -- or tear out the insulation for that matter.......

Many of our buyers will have no choice but to drive their Camaros every day. ("Mom" Settlemire being one of them.....) You can bet anyone who DOES have to drive the Camaro in the snow wants to hear about snow tires.

As to the Stevie Wonder lyrics -- please go back and read what I said -- something along the lines of "you have to walk in my shoes to understand" -- I get it that some don't understand it -- I ALSO understand that some do!

Sorry that you felt it was over the top! (on the other hand -- mebbe you just need to drive a 2010 Camaro SS!)
In my lifetime, we've owned five GM vehicles. The road noise was pretty bad in all of them, horrible in the Saturn. I, for one, am glad that the Camaro's been properly insulated from noise.

And anyone who lives in the Midwest knows that snow tires in winter are a must on any RWD daily driver.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #81
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
Quote:

You may not care about quietness -- but others do. I'm not talking engine noise -- (which I suspect many will modify the exhaust..) I'm talking tire roar -- now -- I don't know about everyone else, but our disciples told us that the car must be more refined -- it MUST be a 21st century Camaro -- so -- if you want noise -- crank up the Boston Accoustics Stereo -- or put on an accessory exhaust system -- or tear out the insulation for that matter....... Me? I can hear the LS3 talking to me -- but, at a steady 70mph on the Ohio turnpike -- a GREAT drive and no 'droning' and now loud tire roar........and that makes me happy -- and I think it will make a lot of people happy........time will tell.

Many of our buyers will have no choice but to drive their Camaros every day. ("Mom" Settlemire being one of them.....) You can bet that anyone who DOES have to drive the Camaro in the snow wants to hear about snow tires. (and if you'll read thru the thread -- my statement is proven..)

__________________________________________________ ___________

After being on this site for a couple of weeks most posters seem to be very nice and helpful. I have noticed a few on here to very negative and can't respond to any post without being a complete jack@ss. You don't have to extend a "sorry" to anyone.
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #82
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Thick skin.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #83
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Im happy that the car is more insulated, that should do well with the extra sound proofing i will have to do for my subs that i plan to put in. I to am interested in the snow tires, although i wouldnt be able to afford those winter pirellis :(
I guess i will be going blizzaks with mine, hopefully someone will give me their steelies for winter rims
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #84
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
W00t....SCOTT

I know i'm going to kill it the first few times i drive the car... but I am SOOOO stolked... i just can't wait...

And to add to the fun of this thread....

Parents are buying a new 08 Tahoe Hybrid... in black LOL
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote