Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #71
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Nope, we are waiting on everything before we do that. I wanted to go ahead and put the meth kit on and run it at 5 psi, but they were afraid to try it.
They were afraid to run the car without an intercooler? That's weird. I ran mine without the intercooler (it was shipped later) just to start checking the system out. I hope they are at least installing the meth kit. Just seems like a lot of wasted downtime for the car. Hopefully they'll get her done before Christmas.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #72
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
They were afraid to run the car without an intercooler? That's weird. I ran mine without the intercooler (it was shipped later) just to start checking the system out. I hope they are at least installing the meth kit. Just seems like a lot of wasted downtime for the car. Hopefully they'll get her done before Christmas.
I had the build some pipes to go from the headers to the hpipe and take the turbos off (vband is nice). I'm driving it now, just no turbos. Bell still hasn't shipped it and this is the last time they will miss their promised ship date. I told the guys to cancel the order if they don't have a tracking number by noon tomorrow. I spent my lunch break PMing vendors here and surfing the web to find another one. Being more than two weeks late with delivery is rediculous.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #73
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
I had the build some pipes to go from the headers to the hpipe and take the turbos off (vband is nice). I'm driving it now, just no turbos. Bell still hasn't shipped it and this is the last time they will miss their promised ship date. I told the guys to cancel the order if they don't have a tracking number by noon tomorrow. I spent my lunch break PMing vendors here and surfing the web to find another one. Being more than two weeks late with delivery is rediculous.
Agreed. Did you try STS? They have the dual inlet for the Twin they run for the V-8's. Should bolt up nice? Just a thought.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #74
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Agreed. Did you try STS? They have the dual inlet for the Twin they run for the V-8's. Should bolt up nice? Just a thought.
I didn't see where they sold them separately. Do you have a contact you could PM me?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #75
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Gretchen, How is your build going? It's been quiet for a while so I thought I'd give it a bump to see whats up.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #76
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
I think he has called in the punter......
Old 12-17-2010, 07:06 AM   #77
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkySS View Post
I think he has called in the punter......
Yeah, I'm pretty much on hold now. In my opinion Polk was taking a lot of time and not making much progress. When they wouldn't cancel the order with Bell after several missed delivery dates I decided to just pay them for their time and get my parts. There's still a lot of fabrication to do, so I've got to find someone that can do it. The problem with all of this is I'm out of time for a while. We are replacing all our IT systems at work between Jan. and end of April, so I'm pretty much working day and night right now. I got a lead on someone that may be able to finish it up, but haven't had time to even call them. They are near where I work, so maybe I can swing by at lunch. If not, then my vacation will probably be taking it somewhere in TX to get if finished.

The good news is that I finally have an intercooler. Finishing up the wastegate piping and getting a scavenger pump is the biggest things left. If I could just find someone to finish those things, I could just work on the rest myself when I have free time and get it done in a few months.

Time will tell. I will try to do a better job of keeping this thread up to date though.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #78
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty much on hold now. In my opinion Polk was taking a lot of time and not making much progress. When they wouldn't cancel the order with Bell after several missed delivery dates I decided to just pay them for their time and get my parts. There's still a lot of fabrication to do, so I've got to find someone that can do it. The problem with all of this is I'm out of time for a while. We are replacing all our IT systems at work between Jan. and end of April, so I'm pretty much working day and night right now. I got a lead on someone that may be able to finish it up, but haven't had time to even call them. They are near where I work, so maybe I can swing by at lunch. If not, then my vacation will probably be taking it somewhere in TX to get if finished.

The good news is that I finally have an intercooler. Finishing up the wastegate piping and getting a scavenger pump is the biggest things left. If I could just find someone to finish those things, I could just work on the rest myself when I have free time and get it done in a few months.

Time will tell. I will try to do a better job of keeping this thread up to date though.
Sorry to hear that. I feel you with work. We are absolutely slammed for the next month at my office.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #79
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
yeah, hate to hear about the slow-down. I have no idea who does turbo work in Arkansas, but somewhere in TX to finish this up may not be a bad choice. I know TX has a good car scene with alot of builders down there. It may be worth the peace of mind...or theres a dude in Hawaii who I bet could lend a hand
Old 01-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #80
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
if you decide to come to texas let me know i have a shop for you
www.lonestarcamaro.com
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #81
GretchenGotGrowl

Many of you have PMed me about this project wondering what is going on. Basically, the first shop and I had a falling out about how long it was taking, especially waiting on parts that could be sourced differently. I picked up my parts, paid for the labor and shelved everything. Given my recent work load, it looked like April or May before I could start back. However, I got about two weeks ahead of another project at work and decided to take another stab at this.

I've spent the last few weeks PM'ing lots of folks here and finally decided to give Tracey (SC2150) a shot at this. I know there are other shops that are closer to me, and this isn't to say I don't appreciate all the help folks have given me, but Tracey REALLY wants a shot at one of the V6s. He's treating this as an R&D opportunity and giving me a great deal.

So, I leave either Sunday afternoon or Monday and expect to be working with Tracey for about 1 week. We aren't getting too fancy -- probably just 5 psi to begin with -- just want to finish the build. He's already bounced several ideas my way and I definitely think he's got some good ones. Unfortunately, time just won't allow pursuing them this trip. Maybe this summer...

I'll try to post pics and details as we progress.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #82
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Many of you have PMed me about this project wondering what is going on. Basically, the first shop and I had a falling out about how long it was taking, especially waiting on parts that could be sourced differently. I picked up my parts, paid for the labor and shelved everything. Given my recent work load, it looked like April or May before I could start back. However, I got about two weeks ahead of another project at work and decided to take another stab at this.

I've spent the last few weeks PM'ing lots of folks here and finally decided to give Tracey (SC2150) a shot at this. I know there are other shops that are closer to me, and this isn't to say I don't appreciate all the help folks have given me, but Tracey REALLY wants a shot at one of the V6s. He's treating this as an R&D opportunity and giving me a great deal.

So, I leave either Sunday afternoon or Monday and expect to be working with Tracey for about 1 week. We aren't getting too fancy -- probably just 5 psi to begin with -- just want to finish the build. He's already bounced several ideas my way and I definitely think he's got some good ones. Unfortunately, time just won't allow pursuing them this trip. Maybe this summer...

I'll try to post pics and details as we progress.
Great to hear. Can't wait to see what comes of it. I now Tracey has been chomping at the bit to work on one.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #83
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
Great to hear. Can't wait to see what comes of it. I now Tracey has been chomping at the bit to work on one.
Yeah, he seems real excited. Although he hasn't said it, I'm sure he would rather start from scratch than with one that is already started down a path. We are going to get the turbos on as fast as we can so he can have some time to look at things like the manifold, TB, and cams (there were other things but I can't remember them all). We can't turn the cams this time, but if he gets a chance to look at them he will at least get some ideas of that can be done. I'm still a little pessimistic about it because of the lift clearances, but he knows a whole lot more than I do. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #84
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Glad to hear you have some movement on your project. Good luck and do us proud.

Tags
custom turbo, twin turbo, v6 llt