Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #71
Wvallediego

Drives: Inferno Orange 2010 RS SS
THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee Matt View Post
I AM EXTREAMLY happy with the results!! They are located in Oxnard CA. They are really good at what they do and they have became friends to me now! I loved the fact of how involved they were with me through the install! I would recommend Vortech by far before I would say go somewhere else! I was a blower type of guy but this supercharger of theirs has made me forget ever wanting a blower!! I give them 2 thumbs up and 100% recommendation to anyone that wants to get this set up!! My car is a total DREAM with their supercharger!! If you looked up "Amazing" is the automotive dictionary, you would find Vortech Superchargers!!!!

Hope that explains everything!! lol
KOOL, that would be my next mod.
Wvallediego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #72
Geneus

Drives: 2003 Z06
I looked, but I didn't see any dyno numbers. Is there a sheet?
Geneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #73
Mayhem Matt

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS M6 SUPERCHRGED BUMBLEBEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneus View Post
I looked, but I didn't see any dyno numbers. Is there a sheet?
Nope I haven't gotten them to post it up yet (HINT TO BRIAN@VORTECH)
They use a load bearing mustang dyno so the numbers are lower and I think they said it was 450rwhp to the rear tire (BRIAN correct me if im wrong) But he said on a dynojet I should be around 540 rwhp on 91 octane (Again Brian correct me if im wrong)

Im thinking I'm gunna take the car into a local speed shop and dyno it during the next week to get the true numbers!
Ordered Bumblebee 10/15/2008Part of the Family 6/11/2009 #11423

My Bumblebee to Superbee build story...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105163
Superbee's 536hp Dyno Run...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE7wePluPAc
Mayhem Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #74
Mayhem Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Congrats Matt!!!
Thanks Mindz!

My Bumblebee to Superbee build story...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105163
Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #75
vinyljunkie
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvallediego View Post
WHERE IS THIS SHOP AT.....ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE END RESULTS. ARE THEY GOOD, RESPECTABLE, WOULD YOU RECOMEND? DO TELL
LOLOLOL if you like power like a muscle car should have then id GET IT! im getting mine done as we speak.

Matt took me for a ride...best part about it is when you cruise you cruise...when you need the power (a shit load) you'll get the power.... it felt like the seats were eating my ass.... awesome product and finally it's not a big ass brick on the top of my engine kind of supercharger......
Old 01-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #76
Geneus

Drives: 2003 Z06
Quote:
Nope I haven't gotten them to post it up yet (HINT TO BRIAN@VORTECH)
They use a load bearing mustang dyno so the numbers are lower and I think they said it was 450rwhp to the rear tire (BRIAN correct me if im wrong) But he said on a dynojet I should be around 540 rwhp on 91 octane (Again Brian correct me if im wrong)

Im thinking I'm gunna take the car into a local speed shop and dyno it during the next week to get the true numbers!

Yes...the Mustang Dyno will be lower than a DynoJet by at least 10% or more. Not to worry...it sounds as if you are tuned nice and safe and will have more than enough power to break traction on the street.

Have fun...and most of all, be safe.
Geneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #77
Brian@Vortech

Drives: Vortech 'Charged 06 Mustang GT
I was hoping to take the car over to a local Dynojet before Matt picked his car up, but the weather conditions locally were pretty dreadful all week last week, so it was not to be. Matt, you'll have to take your car back to the dyno you took it to when it was stock & then post up Dynojet numbers. Our Eddy Current Mustang Dyno is a load-bearing dyno and reads significantly lower than an accelerometer type dyno like a Dynojet would. Regardless, the car made 453rwhp on our dyno, which would be well over 500rwhp on a Dynojet. This was on 91 octane, our production tune, with the only other modification was having the mufflers removed. Judging from the reactions from Matt and his passengers thusfar, I'd say the satisfaction level is pretty good...
Brian@Vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #78
Steve@AandACorvette

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@Vortech View Post
I was hoping to take the car over to a local Dynojet before Matt picked his car up, but the weather conditions locally were pretty dreadful all week last week, so it was not to be. Matt, you'll have to take your car back to the dyno you took it to when it was stock & then post up Dynojet numbers. Our Eddy Current Mustang Dyno is a load-bearing dyno and reads significantly lower than an accelerometer type dyno like a Dynojet would. Regardless, the car made 453rwhp on our dyno, which would be well over 500rwhp on a Dynojet. This was on 91 octane, our production tune, with the only other modification was having the mufflers removed. Judging from the reactions from Matt and his passengers thusfar, I'd say the satisfaction level is pretty good...
Rainin' cats and dogs!
Steve@AandACorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #79
Brian@Vortech

Drives: Vortech 'Charged 06 Mustang GT
Quote:
I was a blower type of guy but this supercharger of theirs has made me forget ever wanting a blower!!
Matt, I know what you meant by this...but you did get a blower. A Supercharger and a Blower are synonymous. I think what you meant to say was that you were a positive displacement supercharger type of guy but this Vortech centrifugal supercharger has made you forget ever wanting a positive displacement blower!!! Am I right?
Brian@Vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:38 PM   #80
Mayhem Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@Vortech View Post
Matt, I know what you meant by this...but you did get a blower. A Supercharger and a Blower are synonymous. I think what you meant to say was that you were a positive displacement supercharger type of guy but this Vortech centrifugal supercharger has made you forget ever wanting a positive displacement blower!!! Am I right?
You are correct Brian! I was in the market for a Maggie or a whipple but not anymore!!