Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-07-2022, 09:06 PM   #8415
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I actually think if the automakers went EV with the SUVs first that would have made more sense. I mean, for as much as people say most trucks haul nothing but air the amount of Tahoes, Suburbans, Expeditions, Yukons I see hauling nothing but kids to school I would think an EV of those would make more sense then going truck first.
This.

Truck EVs for people who don't use their trucks already is counter-energy conservative. It's worse the other way as EV trucks are significantly heavier than their ICE counterparts.

You want to keep trucks for people like me who use them, then make better offerings to those who just buy the truck for its looks.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 07:50 AM   #8416
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
I actually think if the automakers went EV with the SUVs first that would have made more sense. I mean, for as much as people say most trucks haul nothing but air the amount of Tahoes, Suburbans, Expeditions, Yukons I see hauling nothing but kids to school I would think an EV of those would make more sense then going truck first.
I do think it would make more sense to do full size SUVs first instead of trucks and the freaking Hummer. I guess it doesn't really matter what they market first though. The problem is that they're trying to make this into a mainstream trend way too quickly. The charging infrastructure required doesn't exist in most of the US. Large cities, sure. If you need a charge, you'll be able to find a charging station pretty easily. Small rural towns, forget about it.

There are 2 charging locations in this town. One is here at our dealership and the other is at the Nissan dealership. There are no public stations. The closest public chargers are at a Walmart that is 16 miles away.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:58 AM   #8417
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Its not that EVs are poor commuters. Contrary to this, EVs could actually be very effective commuters. Think of the modern subway car, where it moves hundreds (even thousands) of people daily throughout a city. The difference is that a subway train has continuous electric energy supply. I do believe that improvement in energy access and charge time will make EVs more livable to its users. I view that currently the EV power supply and duration has a very hard task of matching the convenience of liquified gas in our present cars and trucks.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 10:39 AM   #8418
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
The angle of the sun shining on this image of a Colorado mule show a much better chiseled look than the previous images I've seen. Even camo can't hide that. It also shows a much different hood than previous views. https://tfltruck.com/2022/07/spied-w...e-than-before/

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 10:50 AM   #8419
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain View Post
The angle of the sun shining on this image of a Colorado mule show a much better chiseled look than the previous images I've seen. Even camo can't hide that. It also shows a much different hood than previous views. https://tfltruck.com/2022/07/spied-w...e-than-before/
Well that's new. Yeah, the hood and the lines above the front fender too look very chiseled. That hood is very aggressive looking. Maybe a ZR2 hood on a different trim? Even on the more recent shots where Chevy had pulled some of the camo off, the hood never looked like that:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/06...he-first-time/

I'm wondering if the above truck is not a new Tacoma or something?
Old 07-10-2022, 02:47 PM   #8420
HartfordRacingCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well that's new. Yeah, the hood and the lines above the front fender too look very chiseled. That hood is very aggressive looking. Maybe a ZR2 hood on a different trim? Even on the more recent shots where Chevy had pulled some of the camo off, the hood never looked like that:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/06...he-first-time/

I'm wondering if the above truck is not a new Tacoma or something?
I think it is definitely a Colorado. The front side is exactly the same as the other mules, just the different hood. Could have been in other mules they had an insert under the camo hiding the slot? Guess we will find out on the 28th if its a ZR2-only thing.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:35 AM   #8421
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Its not that EVs are poor commuters. Contrary to this, EVs could actually be very effective commuters. Think of the modern subway car, where it moves hundreds (even thousands) of people daily throughout a city. The difference is that a subway train has continuous electric energy supply. I do believe that improvement in energy access and charge time will make EVs more livable to its users. I view that currently the EV power supply and duration has a very hard task of matching the convenience of liquified gas in our present cars and trucks.
I agree I think EV's are fine commuters. I was commenting more on why the rush to push out electric trucks when so far early results are when doing truck stuff the battery is drained very fast.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:34 AM   #8422
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain View Post
I think it is definitely a Colorado. The front side is exactly the same as the other mules, just the different hood. Could have been in other mules they had an insert under the camo hiding the slot? Guess we will find out on the 28th if its a ZR2-only thing.
Here's another:
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/07...est-spy-shots/

Preprod i'm sure but halogen headlights? I'm down for that at this point only on WT. The front end though, that aside, is looking better the more detail I see of it.

Also, windows all around and 3rd brake light look the same as the current gen. GM can't be that cheap right?

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost

Last edited by snizzle; 07-12-2022 at 07:51 AM.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 09:16 AM   #8423
HartfordRacingCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Here's another:
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/07...est-spy-shots/

Preprod i'm sure but halogen headlights? I'm down for that at this point only on WT. The front end though, that aside, is looking better the more detail I see of it.

Also, windows all around and 3rd brake light look the same as the current gen. GM can't be that cheap right?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think the Colorado/Ranger have the least "tanky" feel than any current midsizers so if they are maintaining the glass dimensions I wont mind. Tacoma and Frontier have sightlines like the Camaro, which works well for the Camaro but not for a truck. There better be an electric rear sliding window on this generation though...

The journalist failed to highlight that there are clearly 2 different trims shown in those photos. Halogen with uncamo'd black recovery hooks, and LED w/ LED brows with very poorly camo'd red recovery hooks. The images also show a slight dissimilarity in the grille between the trims, with the halogen having the crossbar cut out on the driver-side. Maybe they'll place the bowtie there for WT similarly to the Silverado?

Old 07-12-2022, 11:29 AM   #8424
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Good stuff, and your right...one of these is clearly a higher trim level. Perhaps Custom Trail Boss versus a Z71 trim. These are the trims I'd rather see than the ZR2 at this point, which I'm afraid is all we are going to get to see later this month.

Too early to decide on it's looks, but I'm really liking it's stance and profile
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2022, 12:22 PM   #8425
snizzle
Recalled user

The stance does look good. It looks mean in those spyshots.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 07-13-2022, 08:09 AM   #8426
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
https://media.cadillac.com/media/us/...-cadillac.html

Celestiq exterior
Old 07-14-2022, 08:23 AM   #8427
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Cadillac is getting serious. I noticed even with the Lyriq they are no longer sharing switch gear with Chevrolet.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 07-14-2022, 08:58 AM   #8428
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Lyriq has 100% Cadillac specific switchgear. The attention to detail in that product is amazing. And for $63k it's a bargain IMO.

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions