Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #85
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
Alex Smith is coming back home to San Diego.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #86
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
you'll probably end up with old beat up Vick...watch....I have a nickel on it.....
Hush yo mouth.......... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Tebow?
I'd take that over what we have. Really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod55 View Post
Alex Smith is coming back home to San Diego.
You leave my QB alone.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #87
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Don't know if Seattle will be shopping Matt Flynn this year, as Seattle has lots of cap room right now and there's really no downside to keeping him...except he might want to be traded so he can start somewhere.

I do think it's pretty likely he's going this off-season though to another team for draft pick(s) most likely), so it's possible he could go to the Bills. No way we'll trade him to Arizona. I'd hate to see him go to the Jets, because I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #88
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Don't know if Seattle will be shopping Matt Flynn this year, as Seattle has lots of cap room right now and there's really no downside to keeping him...except he might want to be traded so he can start somewhere.

I do think it's pretty likely he's going this off-season though to another team for draft pick(s) most likely), so it's possible he could go to the Bills. No way we'll trade him to Arizona. I'd hate to see him go to the Jets, because I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
I don't see what others do in Flynn.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #89
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I don't see what others do in Flynn.
He would have had the starting job here if Wilson hadn't done what he did. And, in preseason he did pretty well.

Let me put it another way. He's far better than Sanchez. He's probably a lot better than Fitzpatrick. There are other teams right now that basically have very little talent at QB. And, there isn't really a good draft class this year for QB's. If the Seahawks decide to deal him, they could get a 3rd/4th round pick...maybe better if a team is desperate.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #90
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
He would have had the starting job here if Wilson hadn't done what he did. And, in preseason he did pretty well.

Let me put it another way. He's far better than Sanchez. He's probably a lot better than Fitzpatrick. There are other teams right now that basically have very little talent at QB. And, there isn't really a good draft class this year for QB's. If the Seahawks decide to deal him, they could get a 3rd/4th round pick...maybe better if a team is desperate.
I watched him at LSU a lot. I wasn't impressed. But then again I'm not great at knowing how players will translate to the pros.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #91
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I watched him at LSU a lot. I wasn't impressed. But then again I'm not great at knowing how players will translate to the pros.
Being an understudy to Aaron Rodgers probably helped. Yeah, he threw for mass yardage filling in for Rodgers, but it was end of season and gimme type yardage from what I heard.

Still, while he's been here, he's shown that he has a pretty good arm...at least in the pre-season.

After seeing what happened to RG3 this year, having a good backup can be important...so that's why I wouldn't mind keeping him around for now. We'll see what happens though.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #92
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Being an understudy to Aaron Rodgers probably helped. Yeah, he threw for mass yardage filling in for Rodgers, but it was end of season and gimme type yardage from what I heard.

Still, while he's been here, he's shown that he has a pretty good arm...at least in the pre-season.

After seeing what happened to RG3 this year, having a good backup can be important...so that's why I wouldn't mind keeping him around for now. We'll see what happens though.
Here was the joke that was going around here and at LSU when he was here.

Quote:
Baton Rouge Police reported that an individual attempted to "egg" Coach Les Miles home last night.

The report stated:

An empty egg carton was recovered at the scene.
2 eggs hit Coach Miles house.
3 eggs went over his house and hit his neighbor's backdoor.
2 eggs hit the houses of each of his next door neighbors.
The remaining 3 eggs had been dropped and broken on the ground near the carton from where the individual threw them.
After assessing the scene, police officials say they are considering Matt Flynn as the primary suspect.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #93
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Seattle will be looking for a new defensive coordinator. Gus Bradley is the new Jacksonville Jaguars head coach. Now we will see if Seattle defense took hit.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #94
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
Seattle will be looking for a new defensive coordinator. Gus Bradley is the new Jacksonville Jaguars head coach. Now we will see if Seattle defense took hit.

I'm not so sure he had as much to do with the defense being so tough as having two premier CB's running on the show. I'm not saying he wasn't good, just saying that Seattle's defense wasn't as outstanding till they came along.

If they get a good replacement I don't imagine there will be a decrease as long as they keep the same players in the secondary.

I hear Rob Ryan is available, he is pretty good, he kept a Dallas defense that never had anyone healthy on it in the game. I mean they were hiring CB's off the street for most of the season and I don't think any of the D line played the whole season. Ware their main guy couldn't stay healthy for sure. Show me another DC who had half as many issues as Rob did and did half as well with them. One of the most confusing firings I've seen yet.

How do you not fire the head coach after firing all your coordinators? I mean the head coach's main job is to coach the coaches....If your coordinators aren't doing their job, your head coach isn't doing his..anyone can use timeouts wisely and manage the teams clock.....oh wait...nevermind.......Dallas is a hot mess.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #95
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
I'm not so sure he had as much to do with the defense being so tough as having two premier CB's running on the show. I'm not saying he wasn't good, just saying that Seattle's defense wasn't as outstanding till they came along.

If they get a good replacement I don't imagine there will be a decrease as long as they keep the same players in the secondary.

I hear Rob Ryan is available, he is pretty good, he kept a Dallas defense that never had anyone healthy on it in the game. I mean they were hiring CB's off the street for most of the season and I don't think any of the D line played the whole season. Ware their main guy couldn't stay healthy for sure. Show me another DC who had half as many issues as Rob did and did half as well with them. One of the most confusing firings I've seen yet.

How do you not fire the head coach after firing all your coordinators? I mean the head coach's main job is to coach the coaches....If your coordinators aren't doing their job, your head coach isn't doing his..anyone can use timeouts wisely and manage the teams clock.....oh wait...nevermind.......Dallas is a hot mess.
Shortly after Gus Bradley was announced as having left, there was another announcement.

Seahawks have now hired Dan Quinn (Florida DC) to replace him.

As far as the defense, I think a lot of the style will be retained, as Carroll is more of a defensive mind than anything. Hopefully we can shore up our playcalling so that 40 yard drives (Chicago and Atlanta) at the end of games for field goals don't happen anymore. Sigh.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #96
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I wonder if the Falcons will be able to acquire MJD for next year.......That would be sweet...and Jacksonville is stupid enough to do it....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #97
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
I wonder if the Falcons will be able to acquire MJD for next year.......That would be sweet...and Jacksonville is stupid enough to do it....
New GM in J-Ville. They might not be as stupid anymore. lol
Old 01-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #98
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Tags
tic toc pats lose, waaaaa waaaaaa