Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
splacencia

Drives: 2011 2LT BumbleBee
Radio displays Unknown Call

Since yesterday everytime I start the car it says Unknow Call on the radio display. If I press the hangup button the the wheel just says muted. If I press the answer button it says call transfered. I do have my phone and car linked with bluetooth. The funny thing is though, I have the bluetooth turned off on my phone. So where is the call being transfered to? Why does the car think there is a call going when I first start it. Anyone come accross this yet?
splacencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
Sidd218
GM Loyal

Drives: 2006 Impala SS
Mine only does that if a call come through, even though my phone says the name only half the times the radio has the name in its screen. sometimes it doesn't connect and I have to take the bluetooth off to take a call.
kinda of a pain in the ass, might just turn it off for good if it keeps this up

Sidd218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
khalsa013

Drives: 2ss & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to khalsa013 Send a message via Yahoo to khalsa013 Send a message via Skype™ to khalsa013
same here^
khalsa013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidd218 View Post
Mine only does that if a call come through, even though my phone says the name only half the times the radio has the name in its screen. sometimes it doesn't connect and I have to take the bluetooth off to take a call.
kinda of a pain in the ass, might just turn it off for good if it keeps this up

It appears to me that the Bluetooth in the new Camaros is almost worthless. GM's Bluetooth is the only rant that I have against my Camaro. It drops calls like no other, it's hard to hear people sometimes, and even the voice recognition for the voice commands can't even work properly the majority of the time. However, I'm giving the car the benefit of the doubt right now to see if it is my phone or indeed the Bluetooth.

I have had two other vehicles with Bluetooth and they were 200 times better than the Bluetooth in this car. /Rant

Regardless, I still love my Camaro!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Have had no problems whatsoever with the Bluetooth in my Camaro. Works just fine.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Have had no problems whatsoever with the Bluetooth in my Camaro. Works just fine.
Me either once I was told that the radio's volume level will affect the voice operations. U night try with the radio turned down a little.

Mine works fine.
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #7
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
Me either once I was told that the radio's volume level will affect the voice operations. U night try with the radio turned down a little.

Mine works fine.

Mine works fine, the only time it comes up no name is when I've no programed the names to the numbers.

Like my niece call's me even though I have her in my phone her name doesn't come up on the dash.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Try removing the "pairing" of your phone in the car and re-adding it. Others have complained of similar odd behavior and this has cleared those issues....
Old 07-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
splacencia

That's what it came down to. Cleared the link and it went away. Strange thing was Bluetooth on my phone was disabled while this was happening.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #10
scnhra

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS White
Send a message via ICQ to scnhra
Are you sure you do not have an onstar call? I know they left a message on my system and when I started the car ontime it went straight to them. They were looking for a renewal. Just a thought.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Glad to see you've been able to resolve your issues spalencia. PsychoRS have you been able to determine whether it is your phone or the vehicle creating the issue with your bluetooth?

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I had a problem with keeping my phone paired when I first got the car.
Then I decided to upgrade my phone to a droid and haven't had a single problem with it since.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #13
splacencia

I let the system stay on the "call" just to see it anything happened but after about 4 minutes I gave up. As for onstar, I really hope they arent calling me already to renew. The car was purchased about a month ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scnhra View Post
Are you sure you do not have an onstar call? I know they left a message on my system and when I started the car ontime it went straight to them. They were looking for a renewal. Just a thought.