Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Ikmv
Deer Whisperer

Drives: 2011 SGM 1LT/RS IPF Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to Ikmv Send a message via Skype™ to Ikmv
Adding Amp on Non BA system

I was interested in adding an amp and subs to my non BA system. I would appreciate if some advice can be given.
Where do i attach the amp "on" line to?
Is there an alternative other then splicing the rear speaker wires for RCA jacks?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated Thank You!
Ikmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
Silver1lt
Chevy Tech

Drives: 2012 Equinox 2LT
Send a message via AIM to Silver1lt
there is a plug and play adapter that t's off behind the stock head unit but for the time money and aggrivation its much easier to buy a LOC and a Remote power Relay and make all the connections in the trunk
Old 06-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
PM sent
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
meschwenk

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Here is my setup

I used an Audio Control LC6i http://rs.audiocontrol.com/company_3...les%20Note.pdf
http://www.audiocontrol.com/222456/p...r----LC6i.html

The LC6i converts speaker level inputs from a factory radio or factory amplifier into high-quality pre-amp signals. The addition of internal summing capabilities and improved GTO™ signal-sense turn-on make the LC6i the perfect way to solve your OEM headaches.

The LC6i allows for the addition of aftermarket processors and amplifiers while maintaining use of the factory volume and steering wheel controls.

Input for Optional Subwoofer Level Control.

It runs about $130, but depends where you get it. I went to Car Toys when they had a sale.

I just ran the rear speaker wires to the LC6i (you can see them at the bottom of the unit) then I just ran the RCA's from the LC6i to the Amps. The LC6i has an Amp on connection that I just ran a wire to both Amps. The LC6i has signal-sense turn-on, so when you turn on the radio the LC6i will turn on and it will turn on the Amps.

Hope this helps!
Mark
Attached Images

meschwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
meschwenk.. I am loving the way you have your setup in the rear. Very neat and clean. Is there anyway you can draw a diagram of how you have everything connected? I wouldn't mind doing the same exact setup as you.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:08 AM   #6
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meschwenk View Post
I used an Audio Control LC6i http://rs.audiocontrol.com/company_3...les%20Note.pdf
http://www.audiocontrol.com/222456/p...r----LC6i.html

The LC6i converts speaker level inputs from a factory radio or factory amplifier into high-quality pre-amp signals. The addition of internal summing capabilities and improved GTO™ signal-sense turn-on make the LC6i the perfect way to solve your OEM headaches.

The LC6i allows for the addition of aftermarket processors and amplifiers while maintaining use of the factory volume and steering wheel controls.

Input for Optional Subwoofer Level Control.

It runs about $130, but depends where you get it. I went to Car Toys when they had a sale.

I just ran the rear speaker wires to the LC6i (you can see them at the bottom of the unit) then I just ran the RCA's from the LC6i to the Amps. The LC6i has an Amp on connection that I just ran a wire to both Amps. The LC6i has signal-sense turn-on, so when you turn on the radio the LC6i will turn on and it will turn on the Amps.

Hope this helps!
Mark
LIKE A BOSS!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
Ikmv
Deer Whisperer

Thank you everyone for the help. Unfortunetly I broke my arm so all my summer projects are on hold.

meschwenk - that's a clean set up. i am curious wha the white strips on the sides are?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikmv View Post
Thank you everyone for the help. Unfortunetly I broke my arm so all my summer projects are on hold.

meschwenk - that's a clean set up. i am curious wha the white strips on the sides are?

What the heck happened? Did you get locked in an arm bar?

Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
Ikmv
Deer Whisperer

Longboarding accident......My wife hit me with one LOL

acctually 30 mph downhill longboarding with my brother cause it was his birthday...I got a bad speedwobble and lost it, landed on my palms and barrel rolled on my shoulder i would post the road rash on my whole entire arm,head,palm, and knees but i think people want to keep their lunch in hehe.

Incidently, what are people's opinion on 2 10" as opposed to 2 12" in their camaro? I listen to everything hiphop,dubstep,club etc. so which combination should i consider?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
I've got a single 12 in mine, and can't imagine needing more.