Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
RamGrad

Drives: '11 2LT/RS Vert, '68 Chevy C10
2LT A6 - RPMs wont drop in Sport Mode

Ok my brilliant Camaro brethren help me out...

So this is sort of difficult to explain, and has only happened 3 or 4 times but most recently last week, and only in Sport Mode. When the trans is in sport mode, and I accelerate hard (there are a few roads around my house with stoplights and speed limits of 65 so you can get some good 0-70 runs in) the car runs like a banshee until I let off the throttle at 65 or 70 mph. When I let off the throttle the car stops accelerating, like it should, but the RPS won’t drop. I let off the accelerator petal, the RPMs stay where they were at (usually between 4k and 5k) and won’t drop until I go into manual mode and hit the paddle to shift up to the next gear. So I have to hit the paddle once to go into “M” mode and once more to shift up and get the revs down. I also tried moving the shifter from Sport to Drive with no luck, the PRMs stay high. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or heard of this? I did a quick search on here and could not find anything. I have a 2011 2LT RS if that helps.
RamGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
2010camarolt

Drives: Victory Red 1LT
ive had it happen but the rpms drop after a few seconds. I always thought because were in sports mode it holds the rpm incase we want to accelerate hard again and were in a better part of the power band. If i dont want to accelerate hard again it upshifts after id say 5 seconds at most and drive normal. I never had it just hold the rpms and not drop at all

ps not a total gear head or anything just my opinion!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010camarolt View Post
ive had it happen but the rpms drop after a few seconds. I always thought because were in sports mode it holds the rpm incase we want to accelerate hard again and were in a better part of the power band. If i dont want to accelerate hard again it upshifts after id say 5 seconds at most and drive normal. I never had it just hold the rpms and not drop at all

ps not a total gear head or anything just my opinion!

This is how it should work, if it's holding rpm's longer than this or not dropping untill you manually shift, as with the OP'S, there is a problem.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
2010camarolt

Drives: Victory Red 1LT
yea if the rpms dont drop until you manually shift take it to a chevy dealership!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
RamGrad

Drives: '11 2LT/RS Vert, '68 Chevy C10
I have to get the top replaced here in a few weeks so I will have them look at then. Thanks for the input! I didnt want to sound crazy when I waked in and tried to explain it. haha
RamGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGrad View Post
Ok my brilliant Camaro brethren help me out...

So this is sort of difficult to explain, and has only happened 3 or 4 times but most recently last week, and only in Sport Mode. When the trans is in sport mode, and I accelerate hard (there are a few roads around my house with stoplights and speed limits of 65 so you can get some good 0-70 runs in) the car runs like a banshee until I let off the throttle at 65 or 70 mph. When I let off the throttle the car stops accelerating, like it should, but the RPS won’t drop. I let off the accelerator petal, the RPMs stay where they were at (usually between 4k and 5k) and won’t drop until I go into manual mode and hit the paddle to shift up to the next gear. So I have to hit the paddle once to go into “M” mode and once more to shift up and get the revs down. I also tried moving the shifter from Sport to Drive with no luck, the PRMs stay high. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or heard of this? I did a quick search on here and could not find anything. I have a 2011 2LT RS if that helps.
Have you been to a dealership yet for a proper diagnosis? Please let me know any details you may have.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service