Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 08-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
RatCamaro5

Drives: 1SS
Info for Phoenix

I'm gonna be moving to Phoenix in Oct sometime... I just wanted to get some info as far as smog laws, performance shops, car clubs, etc. Anyone that could give some info I would appreciate it.
RatCamaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
azrickster

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM 6M #38916
The Arizona All Gens Camaro Club is the largest in town. Any generation of Camaro is invited to be part of the group. No dues, just lots of fun. Here is our website:
www.arizonaallgenscamaroclub.com
Our website has a lot of forums for things such as Mods, V8, V6, Events, etc.
We are also on Facebook and Twitter.

For laws on smog, registration and locations, get on the Arizona Department of Transportation - Motor Vehicle Division website. Here is the website:
www.azdot.gov/mvd/

Let us know when you get in town by posting something on our website.

Rick
azrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
FWIW - Sean at Top Gear Motorsports did my cam, headers, etc. install. Great work and no problems. Drove 3 1/2 hours each way to get the work done.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatCamaro5 View Post
I'm gonna be moving to Phoenix in Oct sometime... I just wanted to get some info as far as smog laws, performance shops, car clubs, etc. Anyone that could give some info I would appreciate it.
We specialize in Ls performance and can offer you all the parts and service you need. az smog laws are super easy to get around, give me call anytime to talk about how we can help you or answer any other questions you may have. 480-359-5914
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Midway Chevy in north Phoenix has been building a lot of Camaro's over the last year, go to the Pavillions on Sat. nights, Seems like at least half the Camaro's have been worked on or built there.
They have a complete Aftermarket Performance Center, clean builds that make great power, check them out.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
My husband and I will be moving out to Phoenix in Late October! Looking for any info on meeting up with other Camaro5 members! We will be moving to just out side of Surpirse Arizona. Any other members live out that way? We don't see as many Camaro's out in the Phoenix area...not like there are here in Albuquerque, but maybe we can change all that!
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Don"t forget that Bondurant (GM Racing School) and Firebird Speedway are there. I visited a couple of weeks back.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Welcome to Az. Glad to have u. And I second the earlier post of joining Arizona All Gens Camaro Club. Great people with great cars.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
ohsotender1

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
I am also moving to the same area west of Phoenix at the end of October. Will you be driving or shipping your car there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethgrce View Post
My husband and I will be moving out to Phoenix in Late October! Looking for any info on meeting up with other Camaro5 members! We will be moving to just out side of Surpirse Arizona. Any other members live out that way? We don't see as many Camaro's out in the Phoenix area...not like there are here in Albuquerque, but maybe we can change all that!
ohsotender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #10
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
I think somebody mentioned it but let us know about The Pavillions...

A few of us 505 hardcores have considered a weekend trip out that way. Now that we're gonna have an "in" it might be more worth it.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
Bethgrce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsotender1 View Post
I am also moving to the same area west of Phoenix at the end of October. Will you be driving or shipping your car there?
I will be drive out from Albuquerque. I will be following my Husband in his car....or should I say I will be leading and he will be try to keep up?????? We will be shipping my husbands 67 GTO Convertible...getting quotes now. What part are you going to? Surprise? We will have to hook up!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #12
Bethgrce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post

A few of us 505 hardcores have considered a weekend trip out that way. Now that we're gonna have an "in" it might be more worth it.

Ivan
Hey Ivan! You lurker you! We really do have to set up a cruise! I think the Pavillions are in Scottsdale...so that would be about 45 minutes from our place, and that would be on a good day. Now that the snowbirds are coming back into town it might take a little longer! But I would love to meet out there! The 505 group could meet up at our place and then cruise out as a group! We could really wake up Phoenix with some of our rides! And if we could talk a certain Andre into coming out! Well need I say more!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #13
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post

Ivan
You could install my ghosted side markers!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Hey Ivan! You lurker you! We really do have to set up a cruise! I think the Pavillions are in Scottsdale...so that would be about 45 minutes from our place, and that would be on a good day. Now that the snowbirds are coming back into town it might take a little longer! But I would love to meet out there! The 505 group could meet up at our place and then cruise out as a group! We could really wake up Phoenix with some of our rides! And if we could talk a certain Andre into coming out! Well need I say more!
That'll never happen....LMAO. Love the sound of it so far....heck to the yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
You could install my ghosted side markers!
Easy sir. Might cost ya a Super Big Gulp of Dr Pepper though....

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote