Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #15
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
yeah i posted the same thing on this just go to your dealer and have them check it out once you know it they will order it and you will just wait a couple of days till it arrives.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
CRPMRO

Drives: CRPMRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pslab View Post
I had a customer of mine I saw sitting in service with this issue, before the service writer got a chance to write him in, I pressed it back into place myself, just put a little umph behind it and felt it click into place.

Yes, my experience is it does click back, but then pops back out sometime later. After about two weeks of this I went with the glue!

If you try and shoo customer concerns away without writing them up and reporting them, that is not going to help GM get better? How will they know? I am particularly troubled by the post suggesting this was a known defect. (Admittedly, I should have insisted that the dealer fix it, but I get tired taking my GM's in for fixes that shouldn't be required).
CRPMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #17
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
when it's hot outside (100°F) ... it won't pop back into place

when it's cold, it pops in....... and stays in for a while
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #18
Pslab

Drives: It's a truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
when it's hot outside (100°F) ... it won't pop back into place

when it's cold, it pops in....... and stays in for a while
Good to know incase I see that customer again.
Pslab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
yeah same here it pops out when its hot and won't pop into place till i have the ac on full blast or its cold.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #20
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
I wasn't sure if I should start a separate thread on this concern. I just picked up my Camaro today and love it so far. The one problem I've noticed is with the 'panel' _around_ the 4-gagues cluster, launch control, and cigarette power plug.

So I'm still using my portable GPS until I can get comfortable with On* and it's voice interface... When I went to pull out the power adapter, the cigarette lighter and the gray case/panel which frames the launch control, cig lighter, and 4 gagues almost separated from the rest of the center console. I pushed it back down fine, but noticed that that hole piece of plastic seems very flimsy. I was able to push on it and it would give about 1/8th of an inch on any flat surface. My (bad) impression is two-fold:

1) the plastic for this portion of the center arm rest/console feels very flimsy
2) that it actuall almost separated from the rest f the console.

I fully intend to take it to a dealership to have it looked at, unfortunately I HAVE to drive all day tomorrow to get back to work. So it's something that'll have to wait. Until then I'll try not to un-plug stuff from that cig lighter.

...Some constructive feedback for Chevy is all I'm saying...
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #21
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Do the dealerships know this?

please tell them!!
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #22
CarbonFiberSS-RS

Drives: IBM Carbon Fiber Stripes & GFX
Passengers Side Post

Mine has the same issue with the post on the passengers side. Dealership has ordered the new piece, but they have no idea when it will arrive. Nice. Pretty much par for course on a 1st year car with this totally new design. Looks like Crazy Glue for now.

Kevin
CarbonFiberSS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #23
LSP2010
IM A GURL

Drives: 2010/2SS
go and get it fix at the dealership please
3100, Order available to sequence- n/a
3300, Order sch. for production--- 21may09
3400, Order broadcast------------ 28may09
3800, Order produced ------------ 2jun09(2G1FT1EW8A9114199)
4000, Available to ship
4200, Shipped--------------------9june09

ITS HERE 18JUNE09
LSP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #24
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirelaugh View Post
I wasn't sure if I should start a separate thread on this concern. I just picked up my Camaro today and love it so far. The one problem I've noticed is with the 'panel' _around_ the 4-gagues cluster, launch control, and cigarette power plug.

So I'm still using my portable GPS until I can get comfortable with On* and it's voice interface... When I went to pull out the power adapter, the cigarette lighter and the gray case/panel which frames the launch control, cig lighter, and 4 gagues almost separated from the rest of the center console. I pushed it back down fine, but noticed that that hole piece of plastic seems very flimsy. I was able to push on it and it would give about 1/8th of an inch on any flat surface. My (bad) impression is two-fold:

1) the plastic for this portion of the center arm rest/console feels very flimsy
2) that it actuall almost separated from the rest f the console.

I fully intend to take it to a dealership to have it looked at, unfortunately I HAVE to drive all day tomorrow to get back to work. So it's something that'll have to wait. Until then I'll try not to un-plug stuff from that cig lighter.

...Some constructive feedback for Chevy is all I'm saying...
the part that goes around the gauges is a separate piece from the console... I have taken it off before... you just give it a tug and it comes off... give it a push and pops back on
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #25
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
Quote:
the part that goes around the gauges is a separate piece from the console... I have taken it off before... you just give it a tug and it comes off... give it a push and pops back on

My point is it comes off too easy. When I went to unplug something in the cigarette lighter power-plug, the hole piece nearly came off.
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #26
oldfart1941

Drives: 67elcamino,2004 ss silverado,2010ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPMRO View Post
Just a little Crazy Glue on the notch and it stays in place. That's what I did. I'll bet there are hundreds like this.

Post if this has happened to you!

I had the same problem on the right side ,if you notice there's a plastic male/female pin on the inside of the upholstered "a" panel,I wrapped a pc. of masking tape around it,put some gorilla glue on the tape and pushed it back in place,held it there overnite with 2" masking tape,removed the tape in the morning and haven't had a problem since.The dealer was going to replace the panel,that's not the problem ,it's the plastic male/female clip.
oldfart1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #27
WorldClassRS

Drives: 2010 RJT LT/RS
xTooltipElement
Service Information
2010 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro Service Manual | Preliminary Information | Document ID: 2294062
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIC5191A: Left Or Right A-Pillar Trim Loose Or Rattles - keywords A Apillar clip noise part pilar rattle trim WPC wpc#478 wpc478 - (Jun 23, 2009)

Subject: Left or Right A-Pillar Trim Loose Or Rattles

Models: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to to include left and right A-pillar trim, not just left side. Please discard PIC5191.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A customer may comment that they hear a rattle from the left or right A-pillar area or the a-pillar trim is loose. The A-Pillar Clip is a onetime use part. If the A-Pillar trim is removed for any reason, the A-Pillar clip must be replaced.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Do NOT Replace the A-Pillar trim. Do replace the A-Pillar Clip Strap. The metal part of the clip must stay in the metal frame of the windshield, attempting to remove the metal part of the clip will result in damage to the windshield frame metal. Currently SPO does not have stock of A-Pillar Clip. To obtain a clip, please complete the form below and fax it to the WPC.

Warranty Parts Center WPC Fax #: Attn:

Part Being Requested: WPC # 478

For complete form do not enlarge before printing

For complete form do not enlarge before printing

Important: If you do not receive the part within 2 business days after emailing or faxing your part request to the Warranty Parts Center, please call Customer Assistance at

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
WorldClassRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #28
5GenCamaro.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1SS
Bummer

That's disconcerting to hear about but at least it's not a major problem. Hopefully they have rectified this on my car. Fingers crossed.
5GenCamaro.com is offline   Reply With Quote