Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-26-2009, 02:44 AM   #29
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I have the same issue and I'm waiting on parts.

Parts arrived and the problem appears to be corrected.

Last edited by rickerda; 07-05-2009 at 11:35 AM.
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #30
shiftz33

Drives: 17 SS Sedan, 04 SSR
My Camaro started having its "A" pillars pop out the last couple of days after having it parked in the sun for a couple of hours.

The claim in the bulletin of the clip being a one time use part seems a bit of a stretch in the sense that nothing is broken or changed in shape if the clip is separated.

The problem seems to be related to the clip plastic getting warm and the car side of the clip is more flexible than it should be so it allows the pin (trim piece) side of the clip to pop out.

I seem to have found a work around that lets the clip hold the trim piece but still allow the trim piece to be removed/installed.

I drilled four small holes on the sides of the clip (car side) and ran a small solid core piece of copper wire through the holes and then twist tied the ends of the wire together to have a bit of strength added to the car side of the clip. It seems to hold the trim piece in place just fine now. If I can still state that in a couple of weeks, then I'll really know for sure.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #31
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
I had the same problem after a few hours in the hot sun. The dealer fixed it. Don't worry - It's covered.

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #32
Camaro Insider

Drives: chevy..what else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bky View Post
So I noticed this the other day and starting to wonder what I can do to fix it. I didn't notice the issues until after I got my tint job done the other day, however I don't know why they would have had to remove this to apply it since its not like I got the windshield done. There's a little plastic snap to put it back in place, but it pops back out after a few minutes.

Any idea how I could get this fixed? I've never bought a new car before so I was wondering-if I took this back to the dealer to have it looked at, would I be laughed off the lot?

THERE IS A LONG BLACK CLIP THAT MUST BE REATTACHED TO YOUR A-PILLER IT PROBABLY IS STILL PUSHED IN. LOOK AT THE TOP OF THE PILLER BEHIND THE PLASTIC COVER. THERE IS A LONG BLAACK CLIP,PULL IT FROM THE TOP AND IT WILL POP DOWN AND PART OF IT WILL STAY ATTACHED. SLID THE CLIP OVER THE SLOT ON THE INSIDE OF THE PLASTIC COVER AND PUSH IT DOWN WARD TOWARDS THE DASH UNTIL IT CLICKS IN. BELOW IT IS A GUIDE PIN PROTRUDING FROM THE INSIDE OF THE PLASTIC COVER THAT MUST LINE UP WITH A HOLE ON THE WIND SHIELD POST.WHEN IT SLIDES INTO THE WHOLE IT WILL ALL POP IN WITH A LITTLE TAP. YOU MAY HAVE TO SLIDE THE COVER DOWN A BIT TO LINE UP THE GUIDE PIN...GOOD LUCK
Camaro Insider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #33
Germann

Drives: 2010 V6 Black Camaro
Same problem here. Ive push it hard several times and it snaps back in place. Sometimes its popped back out overnight or over the course of a week. When I return to the dealer for my license plate, I will get it looked at. Wondering if will egt a front license plate holder since its a state law.
Germann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #34
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Sounds like quality control getting lazy ...

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #35
GUNIT
RKFDGEO- chicago5thgen

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM Auto
Send a message via AIM to GUNIT Send a message via Yahoo to GUNIT Send a message via Skype™ to GUNIT
I have the same thing.
GUNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #36
luis nunez

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Have the same issue....It really make me mad to be driving and all of the suden it pops out....
luis nunez is offline   Reply With Quote