Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #71
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlugs View Post
Some of you guys are pretty funny.. Not ha-ha funny, just funny.
I posted the pic of my KR in response to the "eat your heart out" comment. I'm not eating my heart out; I bought what I wanted. Yes, I could have just as well bought the 'vette, but I wouldn't get my kids in the back of one; would I? ..and to those who think the KR was overpriced, I say, who cares? I own it, you don't...and yes, it does get a few compliments as well. If all 'stangs you see look the same to you, you're just not an enthusiast. I promise you would be looking out for a KR or SuperSnake on the open highway, and learn quickly how they differ from base model Mustangs, should we decide to play. This car is an absolute blast to drive, just as your Camaros probably are.
I went to a nearby Chevy dealer, sat in a new '10 2SS, and decided the blind-spot made it a no go. The Mustangs were more to my liking, so they're what I bought.

Oh - and here's another picture from last Sunday's drive in the Sierras.
I would have loved to see a new Z/28 in the picture too.
I think that was kind of the point of this thread. Everyone notices the camaro. No matter if it's the LS v6 all the way up to the 2ss/RS. People notice them. Enthusiast or not.

Not so much the mustang.

Sure, maybe part of it is because it's new. That one other guy said wait a year, well, it's been over a year since the camaro has been out, and the compliments still come.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #72
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post

Hey lookie.....another "Poser"

All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #73
oldlugs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Bullitt + 2009 Shelby GT-500KR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM-MARO View Post
wow man take it easy .... the color yellow has been out long before we were and stripes have been around since god knows when .... all american cars are great but i just happen to have camaro love !!!
(way off topic) - I believe the stripes were an American thing, made popular by Briggs Cunningham at Le Mans, and then called "Le Mans stripes". That was during the early '50s. Supposedly, the stripes were easily spotted by spectators and pit crews. Various teams began to use them, and the stripes gained popularity on all sorts of cars. Everyone wanted go-faster stripes. Even English teams were using them in the '60s; they were on the hoods of the BMC factory road-race Cooper S Minis (I think BRG with white stripes).
Stripes are just a nostalgic old fad that has returned. Yes, they were seen on Mustangs, before Camaros got off the drawing boards. Look at a '65 GT350.
oldlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #74
ToFast

Drives: Fast
Camaro FTW!
ToFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #75
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Omfg,...some of you guys in this thread are absolutely ridiculous. We're seriously starting a flame-war just because a guy post up compliments he received on his Camaro?! Looks like despite all of the human race's technological and sociological advances we still haven't come far enough intellectually to respect the opinions of others enough to not insight a war just because those opinions differ from our own.

So what, he received more compliments on his Camaro; big deal! You either share your own experiences with us or hold your damn peace and move to the next thread. Nothing is accomplished through bashing or insulting anyone.

*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #76
oldlugs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Bullitt + 2009 Shelby GT-500KR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToFast View Post
Camaro FTW!
..what's up with the gay, fat guy? (not that there's anything WRONG with that...)
I think he's the one I saw doing a ricer fly-by in the white LS today...
oldlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:35 AM   #77
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
Omfg,...some of you guys in this thread are absolutely ridiculous. We're seriously starting a flame-war just because a guy post up compliments he received on his Camaro?! Looks like despite all of the human race's technological and sociological advances we still haven't come far enough intellectually to respect the opinions of others enough to not insight a war just because those opinions differ from our own.

So what, he received more compliments on his Camaro; big deal! You either share your own experiences with us or hold your damn peace and move to the next thread. Nothing is accomplished through bashing or insulting anyone.

it is hard to expect anything else when mustang/other drivers seem take personal offense when a camaro driver takes pride in owning his car
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:01 AM   #78
DieselNuts
Spartan Performance

Drives: it like I stole it
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
it is hard to expect anything else when mustang/other drivers seem take personal offense when a camaro driver takes pride in owning his car
This is quoted from a Camaro driver:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
Its also amazing to see how the camaro fanboys come out and make me wonder why the "other guys" come to our thread to bash us. I'd bash you too if I had the want.
DieselNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #79
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post
Man you are top notch when it comes to digging up these pics

Can you post up some cool ones of the 2003-2009 Camaros? That would be awesome because I can't remember what that body style looked like...
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #80
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
I think the first black stripe on yellow car I ever saw was a 67ish Mustang special edition of some sort, when I was a teenager. But glad we can take credit for that color scheme for all time now.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #81
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
I still get compliments on my car, and it seems odd because I've had it for almost a year now. Got a thumbs up just this weekend from a biker heading the other way on the highway.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #82
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyTerra View Post
All cars in this segment get compliments especially clean and loud ones... you should get used to it and it shouldn't be a big deal like it is to most people here lol "got a thumbs up, new thread on camaro5!"
I've never seen it happen before like it does for the Camaro. It's remarkable.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #83
ToFast

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
This. This. This!!!
ToFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #84
Cobra8u

Drives: GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Try driving a GT500.
Cobra8u is offline   Reply With Quote