Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Thumbs down PETRO CANADA ISSUES.

I just want to make everyone aware of issues with oil company incentive programs, and make sure you understand them to the fullest, specifically with Petro Canada that I was dealing with.

I had a Petro Points account, which was linked with my CAA account, whereby your points would be posted to your CAA account at time of renewal. To my surprise my points were not put towards my CAA account, so I began to make inquiries, by calling CAA, who told me to call Petro Canada, and find out why.

I called Petro Canada, and they advised me that it was MY responsibility to have my points transferred to the CAA account at time of renewal. I found this to be a total waste of time and why even have an option of linking the two accounts, when you have to call each year anyways?; is the linking not supposed to be a means of convenience? apparently not. I told the customer service rep (who was very pleasant) that it was nothing personal against her, but rather the company she works for, and had my petro points account closed. She offered me everything under the company's sun, but I refused to deal with them anymore. By the way this is not the first time I've had issues with Petro Canada and their programs, so this is my second time around, but the last.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention and if you happen to be dealing with this company in any way please make sure and double check EVERYTHING. I also sent them an e-mail, indicating that I would be putting out the word to everyone I know, and also told them that their company is "a dime a dozen" and would take my business elsewhere (not that my Camaro has ever stepped tire into their stations). It's no wonder that Petro Canada sends OUR oil down to the U.S.A, only to turn around and buy it back for our use.

In closing I will not sign up for any incentive programs anymore from anyone, because you eventually get burned in the end, you're better off just paying for products & services up front, and move on.

Thanks for listening, and happy motoring.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
They have always been over pricing their fuel anyway. They never offer 94 octane either.
They for some reason are always 3-4 cents more per litre than the competition. I guess with the sale or merger of sunoco, they are just collecting their money and screwing the consumer because now they could.
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
I had a Chevron Canada card for 29 years. Last year they transfered the billing to California. I sent payments to the same address in Vancouver, but the billing came from the USA.This went on for 6 months.

They sent a new card in Oct and when I went to use it it said invalid. I tried a few more times and each time it said invalid. I left it out of my wallet for 6 months. Called them to find out why it was not working and after 3 calls to 3 departments in the USA was told because I never called them to validate it........ the account was closed.

Now I use my TD card for fuel and get GM points. Chevron gave nothing except another bill in the mail. The service was terrible.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian ss View Post
They have always been over pricing their fuel anyway. They never offer 94 octane either.
They for some reason are always 3-4 cents more per litre than the competition. I guess with the sale or merger of sunoco, they are just collecting their money and screwing the consumer because now they could.
I noticed last week that the 91 @ Shell is 2cents less than the 91 @ Petro Canada. So much for the government, reporting last week, that they've passed some legislation to watch for gas gouging. Stop watching and do something about it; Oh yeah, I forgot it's like taking money out of your parents pockets
Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
and this is why I don't have the patience for any type of points/reward systems..... Problem is, now that Suncor and PC have merged, there is really only truely 1 source for 94 octane fuel around here. And it's not even like the US where you can get 93 in a lot of places. Here it's 1 source for 94 and everyone else has 91. Boooo

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
and this is why I don't have the patience for any type of points/reward systems..... Problem is, now that Suncor and PC have merged, there is really only truely 1 source for 94 octane fuel around here. And it's not even like the US where you can get 93 in a lot of places. Here it's 1 source for 94 and everyone else has 91. Boooo
Who is it that offers 94 octane ?
69 Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #7
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
i buy shell for my car... bec of the "nitrogen enriched" fuel... dont ask me to validate why i do...

sorry to hear about your troubles with petro can... i never really bought from there... i always bought from esso until i got my cammy

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #8
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Rebel View Post
Who is it that offers 94 octane ?
Sunono has their Ultra 94 and now that Suncor (Sunoco Canada) and Petro Canada merged, a lot of the Petro Canada stations are getting it too (for now it's only the Sunoco stations that are converted to Petro Canadas or Petro Canadas that undergo an upgrade to their pumps/tanks).

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:16 AM   #9
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Sunoco use to offer the same deal Frank, however it was applied directly to your CAA as they needed your CAA card each time you made a purchase. Worked well, usually by the end of the year it covered almost 50% of my CAA renewal fees and it showed up as a deduction right on the invoice from CAA at renewal time. They got rid of it about 3 or 4 years ago and came out with their own points card....so much for that

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #10
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Sunoco use to offer the same deal Frank, however it was applied directly to your CAA as they needed your CAA card each time you made a purchase. Worked well, usually by the end of the year it covered almost 50% of my CAA renewal fees and it showed up as a deduction right on the invoice from CAA at renewal time. They got rid of it about 3 or 4 years ago and came out with their own points card....so much for that
I remember that, I was signed up on it when I had my vette. Between my truck and the vette, my CAA renewal was always about half the price.