Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #15
Steve@HPE

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by card33 View Post
Installed a Hurst shifter it is harder then it looks but I was using jack stands and my arms and hands are almost to big so it was a little difficult to reach up and install the little screws they give you and trying to re install the dust boot sucks I would recommend using a hoist if you have access to one, but works wonderful and looks awesome.
All those things are true. My friend and I installed my shifter as a pair. It made it a little easier.

So on your Hot Wheels edition, did you have fun trying to get the shifter knob off? The instructions that come with the kit are for an older shifter. That actually took the longest time. Figuring out how to get the knob off. Mine has been in for a year now. Next weekend we are going to jack it up and check all the fittings and make sure everything is still tight and in good working order.

If anyone is wanting to do this mod to their Camaro, I would recommend doing it with a friend. Its much easier having someone on top helping with the install. Its not a hard install. You just need to take your time and be patient with it. Don't try and force anything. As already said, they dust boot on the underside is a pain. A lift would be nice, but most of us don't have access to one.

Someday in my dream home though, I will have a barn with a lift and enough space to house all my cars .

The hurst shifter is a cool mod. The feel is nice and tight when you shift and you can use your original Camaro boot and not change the look if you don't want to. I chose to go with my Hot Wheels boot and the Hurst shifter arm and knob. It reminds me of my old school muscles cars I had as a kid.

Good Job! The Hot Wheels Camaro looks cooler with the hurst shifter installed!

Ray
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote