Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-30-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Unhappy A cautionary tale.

A recent event has nearly cooked my goose with the wife. It all stems from modding the Camaro without getting a prior okay from the warden.:(

I bought some Bogart wheels, you know the full set of four custom 17" ones that'll accept the skinnies up front and the drag slicks in the rear. Well, they arrived when I was out with the boyz; the wife found the invoice. Shortly after I got home, I realized that I was gonna' be double teamed. I heard the mother-in-law's broom pull up in the driveway. She bitch slapped me in front of my bro's. The only way left for me was to raise the PIMP hand and chase the old mummy outa' the house.

The wife is still giving me the icy eye. I hope it thaws soon. I already told her that I was sorry. There ARE hidden costs when it comes to owning such an ooh soo fine car!:(

Be careful, oh my brothers...
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post
A recent event has nearly cooked my goose with the wife. It all stems from modding the Camaro without getting a prior okay from the warden.:(

I bought some Bogart wheels, you know the full set of four custom 17" ones that'll accept the skinnies up front and the drag slicks in the rear. Well, they arrived when I was out with the boyz; the wife found the invoice. Shortly after I got home, I realized that I was gonna' be double teamed. I heard the mother-in-law's broom pull up in the driveway. She bitch slapped me in front of my bro's. The only way left for me was to raise the PIMP hand and chase the old mummy outa' the house.

The wife is still giving me the icy eye. I hope it thaws soon. I already told her that I was sorry. There ARE hidden costs when it comes to owning such an ooh soo fine car!:(

My wife and i have a deal. We run it by each other if any purchase is over $100 unless it's like grocery shopping or B-day / X-mas gifts. That way everyone is on the same page and these issues never come up. Rarely if ever have i ever said no to the wife and the same with her to me. But, we both know we won't be getting any surprises either. As you can see from my sig she doesn't have an issue with me getting toys for my toys

Last edited by daveagogo1; 01-30-2011 at 07:36 PM.
daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
You gotta keep your pimp hand strong, son!

Old 01-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
You have to ask for permission from your wife to buy things for your car?

lol.. you're 'whipped'! Does she let you drive it sometimes, too?
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
You have to ask for permission from your wife to buy things for your car?

lol.. you're 'whipped'! Does she let you drive it sometimes, too?
You must be single...

There is a BIG difference between "asking permission" and simply "keeping the peace".
Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Not married,don't have to get permission.... I feel sorry for you.....
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post

Well, for one it's none of your mother-in-laws damn business. No way would i take that crap.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
You must be single...

There is a BIG difference between "asking permission" and simply "keeping the peace".
+1

I inform the girlfriend of my purchases. Not so much "for permission" but more as a second opinion. I think of her as my jimminy cricket.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
Moni
H-Town Camaro Club VP

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #10
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
My wife supports me 101%. She says "Honey get it for your car don't worry about the cost" then I let her out of the closet....snort...

So you have 2 choices go buy some more goodies and not make peace with the wify...she probably won't talk to you for weeks...or make peace and get along..."go buy more goodies"...snort....

really though you should take her for a long walk some night and tell her how you feel......you might get lucky and she won't find her way back....drumm.....tish............................ .tish......
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #11
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
+1

I inform the girlfriend of my purchases. Not so much "for permission" but more as a second opinion. I think of her as my jimminy cricket.

You talk a "BIG" game...from the looks of it you already tried to run her over....snort...
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #12
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post
You talk a "BIG" game...from the looks of it you already tried to run her over....snort...
I'm confused. I honestly wasn't trying to bash you or your thread. Just wanted to say my train of thought. Also, where exactly did you get a picture of my girlfriend? I'm more than happy to post a picture of her if it will remove your comment about her. Not for my sake, but more that I would prefer if you didn't insult her.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #13
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I'm confused. I honestly wasn't trying to bash you or your thread. Just wanted to say my train of thought. Also, where exactly did you get a picture of my girlfriend? I'm more than happy to post a picture of her if it will remove your comment about her. Not for my sake, but more that I would prefer if you didn't insult her.
It's not his thread and he was joking about the pic in your sig.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #14
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
You must be single...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote