Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
ChevyHeavy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Wheels & Tires?

Hey everyone,

Just picked up my new Camaro last week, and i can't be happier!
The only thing i'm not really satisfied with are my wheels and tires. I'm not a big fan of how the wheels look and i've got some not so great BFGs on there now...so i figure i'll just throw some winter tires on those stock wheels and get some nice Chrome ones for the summer!

Anyway, i have the brembo brakes package...and i've heard that these can be a real pain to fit wheels onto... anyone know any nice chrome 20's that will fit this car & where i can find them?

And about tires...i was looking at the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas for the summer...has anyone ever tried these out? I read in a leading consumer magazine that they outperformed just about every other tire in wet and dry performance. Anyone know where i can buy these tires!?

Thanks so much!
ChevyHeavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Shift

Drives: Me 2001 F150, The wife '11 2SS RS
I know nothing about about the wheels but I know where to point you

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Ton's of info in that section
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
ChevyHeavy, our resident EXPERT is Nine Ball.....shoot him a PM, he will stear you in theright direction.....oh and BTW....Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
I'm curious...you say you picked up your "new' Camaro and it has BFG tires on it. Your info shows that you have a 2010 SS. How did that get BFG tires on it? The SS should have come with 20" wheels with Pirelli PZero tires on it. Am I missing something? I didn't think there were even any BFG tires that fit the 20" Camaro wheels.

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote