Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #533
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
The difference between the Camaro and the Mustang comes down to the driver. There are magazines that have the SS faster than the GT, some have the GT faster than the SS.
Actually, IMHO, let's get professional NHRA qualified drivers to drive the cars and see what they turn. No mag rag drivers, factory drivers, YouTube drivers...just pro's. Then, switch lanes and do it again. Real world results in real time as on any given Sunday or day of the week. head to head if you will, without the stats being biased or heavily influenced by driver lack of experience or ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
As OldScool has said on numerous occassions,,, and if I may plagiarize him:

"WE ARE CUT OF THE SAME CLOTH"...

Thanks GM. Thanks from my "soul".... it's all I can say. I am speechless to have such an opportunity in my lifetime to own this. As I've said before... to me this IS a "Masterpiece"... though I know you (AT GM) are "never done"...

I would hope you are "never done"..... You are NOT developing "flash in the pan" performance... the ZL1 is long term. It will grow now. And change... But you HAVE brought to the Camaro the RESPECT of the Corvette. You have now, with the ZL1 re-ignited what once was a FLASH IN THE PAN (the 69 ZL1) into a true recognized LEGACY PERFORMANCE CAR And, so many of us are here to live it and say we are part of it. WOW.. It's an HONOR.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #534
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by den318 View Post
Can you tell me what kind of surprise you have for the 2013 Camaro SS? Is it worth waiting for? Is it going to finally be able to beat the 5.0 in a drag or track? In the real world, it's always been what have you done for me lately. For the Camaro, that's pretty much nothing in the last 3 yrs. (performance or appearance) I am a little sick and tired of the 5.0 fans bragging. The Gt500 are bragging now as well.

I cannot tell you what we have in store for 2013.

I think more than a few people would take exception to your "what have you done for me lately" statement......

I don't know what you drive and I have no idea of where Manhatten is.

As to a Camaro being worth waiting for? Again - ask the people who own one.....
Old 11-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #535
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
I'm telling you guys, no matter who wins, nobody but your insecure Internet fanboys are going to give a shift.

When you lose or win by a second on some foreign course, not a single extra camaro or mustang will be sold or bought.

When the gt500 or zl1 wins the quarter mile by 3 car lengths, non-believers are not going to suddenly "see the gm/ford light"

more 99-04 mustang gts/cobras were sold than 98-02 F-Bodies, and while 99% of the fords were slower stock, not a single mustang fan is going to swith boats. Sure, as an enthusiast he/she ought to respect or acknowledge what is happening, but a half second in the quarter mile is not why you buy a car.

And just to prove I'm not flirting around this site to make boyfriends, I'll post my latest comment from svt...
Quote:
this thread has gone to the wolves.... Officially

Gone is the debate between two vehicles/corporations/producers, and all we are left with is middle schoolers rambling...

I almost HOPE the ZL1 is faster on the retard course in Europe, and equals the GT500 in straight line performance so I can come back to this site and look at all the fanboys (not everyone here is a fanboy) eat their words about how the GT500 will barely have to try, how crappy the ZL1 is, or how dilusional GM is.....

Ford hasn't released numbers, OR made a single claim it will be faster than a ZL1 in any way, and suddenly Chevys ultimate camaro is the modern day 2V of the sports car world...

Have fun eating your words
Old 11-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #536
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

I think more than a few people would take exception to your "what have you done for me lately" statement......

Very true , just one thing sir , even if he [DEN318 ] asked it does not mean that he would understand .
Old 11-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #537
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

I'm almost 53. Owned Camaro's all my life. I've wrecked, raced, and restored them. I've owned about a dozen. I still have my high school 1973 Z-28 from when I was a wee lad. I restored it to factory condition. Job, family, house, a career, took me twenty years to do it. That's brand loyalty. it's about a connection, developed over time, a love with a product, with great memories and warm feelings that continue to grow throughout ones lifetime. Today's generation is an instant gratification one, give it to to me, now. Make it better tomorrow. Too much unrealistic expectations. Sorry for my rant, I am light years behnd this generations thought processes. I have seen the slow development of technology over the years up to the Super Nova technology explosion where everything went into a quantum leap improvement factor on a half year to yearly basis with products. For me, I have waited alooooooong time, as well as others here on the board. The shit's getting real as they say. Petience is a virtue as they say. Thanks be to Chevy. We have reached the Promised Land of high performance.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #538
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
There could be irrefutable proof that one is "better" than the other and people would still debate the result or would start debating the testing mechanisms. If that failed, they'd go after the math or formulas or stats in the tests. If that failed, they would go after the driver. Then the day of the week. Then the weather. Then the actual day at that moment on that track. Then it's the SRA vs. IRS. Then it's the 6.2 vs. 5.8. Then it's who looks better. Then it's which one is more comfortable. It never ends.

There is really no proving anything is truly better than anything else in this category.

Even if the GT500 came out and "beat" the ZL1 in every single category, people would still defend its reign to the grave and dismiss all other claims. It's just how this stuff goes.

These threads are fun to read though.
Well said. It's a good time for car enthusiasts.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #539
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I'm telling you guys, no matter who wins, nobody but your insecure Internet fanboys are going to give a shift.

When you lose or win by a second on some foreign course, not a single extra camaro or mustang will be sold or bought.

When the gt500 or zl1 wins the quarter mile by 3 car lengths, non-believers are not going to suddenly "see the gm/ford light"

more 99-04 mustang gts/cobras were sold than 98-02 F-Bodies, and while 99% of the fords were slower stock, not a single mustang fan is going to swith boats. Sure, as an enthusiast he/she ought to respect or acknowledge what is happening, but a half second in the quarter mile is not why you buy a car.

And just to prove I'm not flirting around this site to make boyfriends, I'll post my latest comment from svt...
WOW!!!. Really? Reallly??? Hmmmm, lets review. You talk in a negative tone about internet fanboys. Sooooo, based upon your mailicious comments, are you not being a hypocrite, Mr. Ford Fanboy? LOL... another F as in "failed" member of the remedial class F debate team trying to act like he can articulately speak in public. Ain't happenin' pal. It doesn't work for you. *******. And, the much touted intellectual post that you are apparently are so proud of makes reference to middle scool comments? That, is the pot calling the kettle black. Give up argumenting, open discussions, or forum debates. Go back to school and learn how to write a opinion, in a clear, comple, and concise manner with factual information. *******

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 11-22-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Name calling
Old 11-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #540
avcbm

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:

2012 Camaro ZL1
2010 Camaro SS (Sold)
Old 11-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #541
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
WOW!!!. Really? Reallly??? Hmmmm, lets review. You talk in a negative tone about internet fanboys. Sooooo, based upon your mailicious comments, are you not being a hypocrite, Mr. Ford Fanboy? LOL... another F as in "failed" member of the remedial class F debate team trying to act like he can articulately speak in public. Ain't happenin' pal. It doesn't work for you. *******. And, the much touted intellectual post that you are apparently are so proud of makes reference to middle scool comments? That, is the pot calling the kettle black. Give up argumenting, open discussions, or forum debates. Go back to school and learn how to write a opinion, in a clear, comple, and concise manner with factual information. *******
I'm wel aware that I'm a new member here so you aren't likely to recognize the tone with which I've approached this forum (that is, treading very lightly as a Ford guest) so I can't blame you for completely "butchering"my post (though I find it slightly disrespectful making all the personal insults) and taking it out of context after misinterpreting the first line

when I said "your Internet fanboys" I was referring to ALL fanboys in general (actually mustang camaro ones in general)

I'm pretty certain that nothing I have posted on this site has been in the least bit malicious, except by your standards. I apologize if my post was not well formed enough for you, and if I'm really as inept at making a well thought out post as you say I am, I encourage you to look at some of my past posts and see the generally positive feedback I've recieved from other members.

As far as trying to look intellectual, if that's what you called it, I'm sure we can both agree there are loads of better forums (that's real life places, not Internet discussion forums) that lend themselves to "trying to sound smart".

I find it interesting that the member directly posting beneath you took the time to approac my post as more than a F for fail attempt at bashing. Continue having success at making real enthusiats look like middle schoolers........since you enjoyed that reference once, why not try it again.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #542
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
I'm wel aware that I'm a new member here so you aren't likely to recognize the tone with which I've approached this forum (that is, treading very lightly as a Ford guest) so I can't blame you for completely "butchering"my post (though I find it slightly disrespectful making all the personal insults) and taking it out of context after misinterpreting the first line

when I said "your Internet fanboys" I was referring to ALL fanboys in general (actually mustang camaro ones in general)

I'm pretty certain that nothing I have posted on this site has been in the least bit malicious, except by your standards. I apologize if my post was not well formed enough for you, and if I'm really as inept at making a well thought out post as you say I am, I encourage you to look at some of my past posts and see the generally positive feedback I've recieved from other members.

As far as trying to look intellectual, if that's what you called it, I'm sure we can both agree there are loads of better forums (that's real life places, not Internet discussion forums) that lend themselves to "trying to sound smart".

I find it interesting that the member directly posting beneath you took the time to approac my post as more than a F for fail attempt at bashing. Continue having success at making real enthusiats look like middle schoolers........since you enjoyed that reference once, why not try it again.
You have achieved your desired results with the ban hammer button. Thank you. Carry on.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #543
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
A little too much tension in here.

Closed.

Closed Thread