Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #43
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
Can that open hole above and slightly left of the speaker be used for mounting additional drivers?

-Funk
The problem with that other spot is the panel that covers that area is solid except for a small round spot right in front of the speaker. We are gonna focus on the spot where the factory grille is because most ppl are not gonna want to cut those up or try to fab up some sort of grilles. We want to make it easy as possible for them.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #44
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
What I did guys is I mounted the Alpine 6 1/2 component speakers to frame of the car right behind where the 3 1/2 speaker sits. There is a space about 4 1/2" wide on the side wall right behind the 3 1/2" speakers. I cut the factory speaker mounts off flush with the side panel. Then mounted the 6 1/2" speakers in the 4 1/2" space right behind the factory side panel where the perforated holes are. So my speakers don't come off with the side panels they stay mounted to the car. For the 2" tweeters I cut a hole in the side panel on the top front part of the panel on each side. So my 6 1/2" speakers fire threw the factory opening and my 2" tweeters I cut a hole above and forward where the factory speakers sit. Steve is doing some great work for you guys that want a easy install. I did use Steve's harness for my amps and speaker adaptors in the front doors and both worked excellent.

Last edited by ToddB; 05-29-2011 at 09:40 PM.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #45
zachi3

Drives: IOM 2SS Convertible
Pics ??????
zachi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #46
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Steve - will (or does) ******** offer a Total Package Set-up (amp, front/rear speakers, new sub, connectors, front speaker adaptors) for the convertible? Or should I just call you and talk over speaker options?

Thanks,

David
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #47
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Bumpin' for an update.....

CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #48
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
Steve - will (or does) ******** offer a Total Package Set-up (amp, front/rear speakers, new sub, connectors, front speaker adaptors) for the convertible? Or should I just call you and talk over speaker options?

Thanks,

David
Yes, we do plan to offer a 5 channel system for the vert too. Might look similar to the pic below. Just hashing out ideas on how to make the subwoofer chamber in the car sound a little better. Testing different ideas takes time. I get pulled many directions each day and don't always get time to work on it. But it's coming along with bigger boxes for in the trunk.

The vert is hard because you have to put the top down, then you have to put the top up, then you have to put it down again. And you can't even open the trunk unless it's all the way up and latched or all the way down. So just a lot of time lost dicking with the top lol.
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #49
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
KEEP INFO COMING
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:42 AM   #50
chopper

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss convertible
Any word on a rear harness for the speakers on the vert steve? im replacing the sub and front speakers with some jl audios but im not really wanting to cut on my car to fit other speakers in there so until theres something for any easy replace im just gonna leave the rear speakers as is
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #51
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Apparantly the connector is not an easy one to locate. I have put multiple inquires in with our harness manufacturer. I even cut the end off my own harness and sent it to them to see if they can find the mating connector. So I am still waiting for an asnwer from them.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #52
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
The vert is hard because you have to put the top down, then you have to put the top up, then you have to put it down again. And you can't even open the trunk unless it's all the way up and latched or all the way down. So just a lot of time lost dicking with the top lol.
You know you can push the trunk lid latch closed with a screwdriver to "trick" the system into thinking the trunk is closed. This DOES save time.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #53
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Steve,

Do you know who makes the connector? If its KET, i might be able to help you out?
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #54
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

It's not. But they have a good lead so crossing my figners..
Old 08-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #55
thorr

Drives: 2003 Impala LS (Camaro Engine, lol)
Hi Steve,

I am thinking about replacing the factory sub with your mount and JL Audio Marine IB subwoofer (M10IB5-CG) and also the amp. The only potential problem with the sub is it sticks up about 1-1.25" above the mounting surface (judging from the diagram here: http://marine.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?prod_id=441 ). Is there enough room above your mounting plate for this subwoofer? If necessary, can the black rubber thing leading to the hole in the seats be removed to make enough room? If there is not enough room for it to fit perfectly, will it just make the seats stick out a bit where the subwoofer is, or is it impossible to make it fit?

Also, does your amp harness kit allow me to use the wiring to that sub, or how do I get to the wires for the sub so I can put them into the replacement amp?

Thanks!
Mike
thorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #56
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
its going to push out the plastic thing a little but it may fit. If you remove the black plastic thing you will not have any protection from anyone sitting in the back seats. steaves mount may be a little thicker than the factory one. I just modified the factory mount for my subwoofer.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote