Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Here We Go! Ported IM, TB and Black Ice Insulator On My List!

Ok so tonight is the night I begin gathering my information on how I plan to get the cores sent out... First things first, I gotta shovel the snow in the driveway so I can get the Camaro out of the garage.

I will be updating this thread as I gather more information along with a full review of the before and after.

Along with the intake manifold, throttle body and insulator, I plan on getting the heads ported as well just to insure the best gains all around.

Now where to begin... PMs sent!.... I need to go get some gasket maker from CT I imagine for the insulator, anyone else have recommendations?

EDIT2 3/18/13 : Cores were shipped out early last week and as soon as the ported cores arrive, I will have them installed and post a followup!

EDIT3 4/27/13 : Very disappointing results so far as I have not received the correct TB after waiting over a month and a half even with paying core exchange. Please see the latest post to find out why.

EDIT4 5/7/13 : Today marks two months since the day I ordered the throttle body and I'm yet to receive it and have had my Camaro down & not drivable sitting on the driveway all this time. This is by far the most expensive mod I've ever done.

EDIT5 5/26/13 : See post #111 for the results and photos!!

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED

Last edited by DJ ATOMIX; 05-26-2013 at 09:03 PM.
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
What cores are you sending out? The tb and intake manifold only? Or are you doing a core swap for the heads as well?

From who are you getting the intake manifold ported?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
What cores are you sending out? The tb and intake manifold only? Or are you doing a core swap for the heads as well?

From who are you getting the intake manifold ported?
Hopefully everything from SC2150 including the ported throttlebody, ported intake manifold and of course the black isolator. I sent SC2150 a PM, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

I plan on getting the heads done locally here as a good friend of mine has some tools to get the job done at no charge.

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
416Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Keep us posted. Its always exciting planning mods for this car.
M6 MODS: OBX LT headers, Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe, MRT V2 Axle back, K&N intake, Trifecta Tune,Sidemarker & Tail Light Blackout, Black Vinyl Emblems, CCFL Angel Eye Projectors, 35% & 5% Tint, Plasti Dip Rocker Stripes/Gas Cap, Blacked Out Tail Light Bezels....More to come.
416Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
if you get the ported tb after the IM, let me know if you feel any difference at all. People have posted that getting the ported tbwont do anything if you get the ported IM.
please let me know
Old 03-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Untouchable Keeve

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
if you get the ported tb after the IM, let me know if you feel any difference at all. People have posted that getting the ported tbwont do anything if you get the ported IM.
please let me know
Yeah, I don't really notice much of a difference w/ one. I added mine about 2 weeks ago. I already had a CAI, ported IM and black ice.
Untouchable Keeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable Keeve View Post
Yeah, I don't really notice much of a difference w/ one. I added mine about 2 weeks ago. I already had a CAI, ported IM and black ice.
what do you mean exactly when you say you dont notice much? explainnn please. Im about to buy one soon but if its not worth it...
Old 03-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
I have the Ported IM def feel the difference.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
I have the Ported IM def feel the difference.
I believe they are referring to not feeling anything different with the PTB when they installed it on their car that already had the PIM.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #10
simt3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
I believe they are referring to not feeling anything different with the PTB when they installed it on their car that already had the PIM.
I think there was only one post in that regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable Keeve View Post
It takes time for the ECU to learn of the new IM (Apparently) I noticed a difference in throttle response, of course its not as noticeable as FI.

Helping the car breathe makes a huge difference.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
I think there was only one post in that regards.
Actually two...one direct experience, one noting others' posts. Sorry, couldn't resist
Old 03-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
simt3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
Actually two...one direct experience, one noting others' posts. Sorry, couldn't resist
you are such a troll.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #13
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Hopefully I'll really notice a difference after getting these mods done. As simt3k said, allowing the ECU to adjust over a certain period would really help benefit these mods.

FYI, every spring when I attach the battery back on in the Camaro, it takes 100km to get rid of the CEL I get from my CAI/Header combo. Take this information and bank it against other mods that change air flow/fuel mixture.

AS soon as I hook the battery up this weekend, there will be a CEL and my remote start wont work like usual and I'll have to go do some highway driving or a few drives to work and back to see the CEL clear.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=CEL

This was my CEL from the ECU last year for reference. Sorry to be off topic here a bit but this is a good example of how long it can take for the ECU to fully adjust... In our case today, for even better performance!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

An Update,

Entering ordering process tonight for

3/8 black Insolator
Ported TB
Ported IM

I also have a date setup to get the cylinder heads ported out.

Trifecta tune will be due as well. I have soo many questions in regards to the tune and what all the options available are. Does anyone know a specific thread that explains all Trifecta options in detail? i.e speed limit removal, shift points, shift firmness, rpm limit, o2 sensor bypass ext..