Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 09-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
My experience with Sport Chevrolet

Ordered a 2014 1LE camaro back in April. First brand new camaro. Can't even explain to you how excited i was. I even drove up to New York to see the revealing of the new model and repainted my garage to match the car. Whole 10 yards.
I went to this dealership cause they were Military friendly. Very friendly at first. I can still honestly say i like my sales man. He went out of his way to send me pics of the car when it arrived and kept me updated throughout the process.
Time finally came for me to pick up the camaro. Of course with my luck it was pouring rain. O well. Got it and made it home and quickly wiped it off.

Two days later it was time to wash her. Before i started i noticed a bunch of brown marks all over the car. Quickly called the dealership and was told to come in at my earliest convenience. Of course i was in the next day.

The dealership couldn't get the spots off so i was directed to go to their paint shop. The paint shop couldn't remove the spots and mentioned it might be under the clear coat. Back to the dealership i was told to make a claim and someone would get with me for the next step.

Got a call a few days later asking me to bring the camaro in so the District Manager of aftersales could take a look at it. No problem so i brought her back in. After a few hours and a few attempts of trying to remove the spots i was told that its not a paint defect and that chevy does not have to fix it however out of the kindness of his heart he said he would repaint the back bumper ( please remember that the spots are all over the car). I couldnt believe that a company that i have bought 5 new cars from would just leave me out to dry like that. I finally got my dream car and it has spots all over her and the District Manager said and i quote " Its not my problem". Of course i asked for his bosses number and got it but was told and i quote" ill give it to you but he wont do anything for you'.

This can not be the company that i have grown up to love. We've had a Camaro in the family since i was 5 years old. I love them. Dealership did nothing to help me out. Then again they made me feel that it doesnt matter cause i already bought it. Highly suggest you go somewhere else. Someplace were the customer actually matters.

Here are some of the pics. Alot of you have already seen them in person

2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Casperadub70

Sport Chevrolet in Silverspring MD
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Old 09-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
You should hit up one of the customer service people here on the forum - they seem to have resolved some issues for other customers
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
What is it? Battery acid?

Dont lose faith brother , try calling GM again, and again.
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #5
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Maybe I'm missing it, but what did Sport do? They certainly aren't going to pay for a repaint if GM isn't going to reimburse them for the work. The situation you're in is complete horseshit, there I agree with you. GM should cover the cost of a repaint or replace that which you paid for, if it's proven to be under the clear and a factory defect.

Just out of curiosity, it GM says it isn't a defect what are they claiming is the cause?

How far are you willing to go? Me? I'd pursue the matter in civil court. I'd document everything, and get a couple expert opinions on what the source of the paint contamination is from.

Keep in mind that if you do go the way of the courts, you must allow GM a reasonable amount of time to correct the issue. You also have a duty to mitigate your damages, or fix it before it festers.

Keep us informed, & good luck. I hope you win and hope to meet you @ Burtonsville.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
Casperadub70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Maybe I'm missing it, but what did Sport do? They certainly aren't going to pay for a repaint if GM isn't going to reimburse them for the work.
When i first took it to the dealership the paint department checked it out and said it was under the clear coat and i should ask for a full paint job or a new car. I few people at the dealership told me i should get a new car cause of the paint.
When the GM rep came by he said after talking it over with the dealership he was not going to do anything.
I felt the dealership wanted to do what was right and once he came it was more like no screw him we dont have to do anything. It felt like the dealership didnt want to stand up to the GM rep cause they felt they would get in trouble or something.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
Casperadub70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Just out of curiosity, it GM says it isn't a defect what are they claiming is the cause?

How far are you willing to go? Me? I'd pursue the matter in civil court. I'd document everything, and get a couple expert opinions on what the source of the paint contamination is from.

Keep us informed, & good luck. I hope you win and hope to meet you @ Burtonsville.
The GM rep said he doenst know what it is or where it came from.

I have a meeting with the legal department next week on base. Ill find out what i can do on that route then.

I should be there in two Sundays from now.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
Wish you luck. From pics it reminds me of when oil hits a car as from driving down a highway. If it's under the paint like the clearcoat, then it is definitely a GM paint defect and thus warrantied for repaint. I myself would try to push to have the car replaced though they may not go that far no matter what. I just don't think people should buy new cars like these Camaro's and have to get them repainted due to a factory defect.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
Casperadub70

After seeing my review of them on Yahoo and google, the dealership called me today and politely asked me to take them down. I was told they still havent stopped fighting for me. They said the owner is now looking into what he can do. I was also told that when they called GM they already new what was going on and talks about what was going to happen.

I told them i would take them down for a few days and if nothing is happening then they will go back up. I dont want someone else to go through this.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
StreetSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I have not had great experences there either. If it will help I can respond to one of their email advertisements I regularly receive to let them know I will not support a dealer that does not act ethically to take care of such issues. Maybe other forum members will do so as well. They talk nonstop when you are buying about giving them great scores on customer feedback but then don't back it up.
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote