Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
If Someone Has to Park Next to Your Camaro ...

it might as well be someone that appreciates their car as much as I appreciate mine. Not that having a Rolls in my garage would be a bad thing

Paul
Attached Images

Ordered 11/29/2008
Delivered 06/05/2009
VIN 2G1FK1EJ2A9111158
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulv7260 View Post
it might as well be someone that appreciates their car as much as I appreciate mine. Not that having a Rolls in my garage would be a bad thing

Paul
Paul, with all due respect;

Nobody is going to park next to my Camaro, nobody...no way...no how!

To put it another way, I'm not parking my Camaro in a spot that is vulnerable to door hits.

A Rolls, Bentley, and yes, even a Corvette door, will ding your Camaro just the same as any ol' beater.

Alfie
Old 09-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
Nobody is going to park next to my Camaro, nobody...no way...no how!

To put it another way, I'm not parking my Camaro in a spot that is vulnerable to door hits.

A Rolls, Bentley, and yes, even a Corvette door, will ding your Camaro just the same as any ol' beater.

Alfie
Sometimes there's no option. Though it happens rarely, I've parked out in BFE only to come out and find someone parked next to my car. Fortunately nobody has dinged the car yet.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
yeah I would not mind if a car like that parked next to me. What really gets me is there will be 50 spots available and the person just HAS to park right next to you.....ugh

My office parking lot is small but plenty of parking. I sit where I can see my entire parking lot. The other morning I am parked and there are at least 10 open spots available and they decide to park right next to me. I cannot understand it.... I walked out and acted like I had to go somewhere and came back and parked 5 spots over. I guess people see the Camaro and without thinking since they are already looking at it, just park near to see it up close. Of course when I go out to my car I look at their door and it is riddled with door dings lol I feel sure I would have had one that day had I not moved it. Who knows....
Old 09-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
alfie43

DCJ,
Wow! Two Camaros in your household, one for you and one for the wifey. You da man!
Alfie
Old 09-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
DCJ

Quote:
DCJ,
Wow! Two Camaros in your household, one for you and one for the wifey. You da man!
Alfie
Thanks Alfie!! Feel a bit guilty at times but they sure are fun

To the original poster....my wife drives her Camaro daily and parks in a parking garage. She tries to get to work early to get a end spot but it's just a matter of time for her with a door ding. We know it is coming...
Old 09-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I wouldn't mind that at all. In fact i'd prefer it to an open spot, that might not stay open. I'm sure they won't be banging their door into you!
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #8
alfie43

I guess I am fortunate in the fact that my Camaro will be a "recreational car" only. That means, it is only for local pleasure driving, going to local cruises and drives along the shoreline of Great Lakes.

No shopping, no malls, no work parking lots, no parking period. Parking my car unattended is for my full time everyday car.

My Camaro will be covered in the heated garage for the winter and driven only when there is 0% chance of rain or snow.

Alfie
Old 09-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #9
DTM
DTMphotography

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
priceless photo!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #10
DCJ

Quote:
I guess I am fortunate in the fact that my Camaro will be a "recreational car" only. That means, it is only for local pleasure driving, going to local cruises and drives along the shoreline of Great Lakes.

No shopping, no malls, no work parking lots, no parking period. Parking my car unattended is for my full time everyday car.

My Camaro will be covered in the heated garage for the winter and driven only when there is 0% chance of rain or snow.

Alfie

Same here for me with my V8...I may drive it to work every once in a while as am able to keep an eye on it from my window, but for the most part it will stictly be a secondary fun vehicle. I also work a lot from home too so that helps to keep it away highly populated parking lots I have had it a little over 2 weeks and only have 400 miles on it. I drive it mostly on the weekends and at night...
Old 09-07-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
We drove ours on vacation to Myrtle beach, we went out to eat one night at a place that was pretty packed. I found a spot that had an opening next to it....while we were waiting out side for them to call our name, I saw a van pull in next to me. The wife opened her door, she was taking great care not to let it hit my car (despite not having much room...I picked that spot because it was soo close, I didn't figure anyone would try to park in there). We'll she had the door open probably 1/2 way, and she started to squeeze out, then all at once pow (don't know if she slipped or what) but she drilled my driver side door. I went out and looked and couldn't see anything major at the time, I did move the car however, to another spot. Later when I was washing it I did see there was a spot there.

I bought my car to drive it, and things like that are going to happen if you do. I usually try to park as far away as possible, but eventually you will have to part next to someone...its just a matter of time.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #12
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
I went to walmart once in our 78 corvette and 2 corvettes parked on both sides of me.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote