Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 AM   #4341
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Good turn out today at Tri State. You'll have to ask QWKSS for the final numbers but he was pleased with the turnout. I didn't stay till the end, was burnt out from the heat and ready to get home.

Plenty of time to get lots of runs in, but I only ran four times. Consistent numbers (low 13's), but not as low as I wanted. My clutch started smoking on my last run, so I called it a day around 3:30, let the car cool down some and headed home. Was glad to be able to drive it home. Not everybody made it home under their own power, one left on a flatbed. :(
I couldn't get out of the low 13's due to all the traction issues. I got out while the gettin was good after the red Camaro broke and your clutch started slipping.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #4342
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
I couldn't get out of the low 13's due to all the traction issues. I got out while the gettin was good after the red Camaro broke and your clutch started slipping.
I'm still kicking myself for trying that fourth run. I think it was just too damn hot out there and the cars (and track) couldn't cool off. I know the tires were slipping, but I never felt like the engine had good boost either.

Did you smell my clutch on the return road? Right about the time it hooked up, there was suddenly no torque and a cloud of smoke rose up from my console! I never even used second gear, I took it out of gear for a couple of seconds, then went straight to third and finished the run. Actually hit 101 mph, not bad for a first to third run

I looked around for you after that, did you drive straight out and leave?
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #4343
Drew10

Quote:
I'm still kicking myself for trying that fourth run. I think it was just too damn hot out there and the cars (and track) couldn't cool off. I know the tires were slipping, but I never felt like the engine had good boost either.

Did you smell my clutch on the return road? Right about the time it hooked up, there was suddenly no torque and a cloud of smoke rose up from my console! I never even used second gear, I took it out of gear for a couple of seconds, then went straight to third and finished the run. Actually hit 101 mph, not bad for a first to third run

I looked around for you after that, did you drive straight out and leave?
I smelt it when I was behind you at the Cincy Speed tent. I hung around for about 5 more mins after I made my last pass. They friend I had with me had to get back, he had a date or something later to get ready for. It seemed like either a car hooked or it didn't and blew the tires off Saturday. As you could see, my car wouldn't hook. We should get together again before winter and do it all over again.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #4344
tunacan58

Drives: 40th mustang/Camaro 2LT IOM
Quote:
There's three, no make that four

Let's hear from these Dayton folks:

cowboy1948
Lowbubba
EarliestMemory
diaboli
tunacan58
prostock69
1 RD JEWL
alab32
masterwinning
Detention
flarida (Lebanon)

Heinzd (Jamestown)
Silver
Tuna can is still alive and kickin..Been up to my arse in family stuff. Mothers day daughter announced she was 6 mts preg.....And my son announced he was getting married....Both were scheduled for the same weekend...Baby born aug 1st and the sons wedding was the next weekend...Both went off without a hitch...I'M A GRANDPA NOW! THAT'S BEEN PRETTY COOL. At 52 what can i expect. Hope this finds all of you well..

TC
tunacan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #4345
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Was it Joe's that broke? What broke? Axel? gears?

Glad you had fun, sorry I missed
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:23 AM   #4346
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Congrats, tunacan!! Bet that's a Mother's Day weekend you'll never forget... :-)
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #4347
SS Blue Betty RS
Amber

Drives: 2010 1SS RS Camaro w/ crazy exhaust
Sounds like I missed out on all of the fun.
My car's in the shop now to get the Brembo's and pressure plate/clutch kit replaced....per service bulletin on GM site.
The brakes got the OK to exchange, but they're denying the tansmission knocking when I shift into 3rd gear! And said he didn't see a bulletin on it! BULL SH*T!!! So I sent it to him and I'm waiting for him to reply with the decision. Let's just say that if this doesn't get resolved and replaced, I'm going to be making a few phone calls
Old 09-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #4348
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Oh yeah, I'm back in Columbus.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #4349
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunacan58 View Post
Silver
Tuna can is still alive and kickin..Been up to my arse in family stuff. Mothers day daughter announced she was 6 mts preg.....And my son announced he was getting married....Both were scheduled for the same weekend...Baby born aug 1st and the sons wedding was the next weekend...Both went off without a hitch...I'M A GRANDPA NOW! THAT'S BEEN PRETTY COOL. At 52 what can i expect. Hope this finds all of you well..

TC
WOW! Sounds like you survived it all. Congrats on the grandpa thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Was it Joe's that broke? What broke? Axel? gears?

Glad you had fun, sorry I missed
4.10s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Blue Betty RS View Post
My car's in the shop now to get the Brembo's and pressure plate/clutch kit replaced....per service bulletin on GM site.
The brakes got the OK to exchange, but they're denying the tansmission knocking when I shift into 3rd gear! And said he didn't see a bulletin on it! BULL SH*T!!! So I sent it to him and I'm waiting for him to reply with the decision. Let's just say that if this doesn't get resolved and replaced, I'm going to be making a few phone calls
I haven't seen any service bulletins on this, what's the site link?
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #4350
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
I haven't seen any service bulletins on this, what's the site link?
just search here, there a few threads on it...for you V8 owners & us V6ers

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...pressure+plate
see post 13 for a link to the clutch issue
Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #4351
alab32

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Blue Betty RS View Post
So you justify it and they replace it? In a perfect world anyways... Im wondering if I should be trying to get my pressure plate replaced and my squeaky brakes. Hmmmm...
alab32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #4352
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:

4.10s

Right now QUEEN is running through my head.... dun dun dun... anotha one bites the dust-a... anotha one bites the dust
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #4353
Drew10

Quote:

4.10s
So we did jinx him. I thought it was an axle when it happend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Right now QUEEN is running through my head.... dun dun dun... anotha one bites the dust-a... anotha one bites the dust
Thats what I was thinking too.....
Old 09-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #4354
SS Blue Betty RS
Amber

Drives: 2010 1SS RS Camaro w/ crazy exhaust
That's the same link I got it from. They replaced my brakes, and I'm still arguing with them over the pressure plates. They're still denying it and want me to pick up the car this afternoon..Well, little do they know I'm coming prepared!

Cntryman77, you never let me know about those decals..?

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?