Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #29
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeTwentyFour View Post
it's very possible this is the reason, it is not unreasonable to justify a purchase you make or are planning on making, even to yourself; seeing as you are the one whom is most concerned with the purchase you make.
I did that for 4 months. I was constantly looking for reinforcement that the V6 was the way to go. At first it was mainly price - and boy the bang for the buck on the V6 is unbelievable, but then got a raise, refinanced my mortgage, found a credit union with a 4.75% rate and the SS was getting very close to my maximum limit. I was waking up at night thinking about it; telling myself that I don't NEED a v8; I'm not a racer or gearhead and KNEW that a V6 would satisfy me - but could not kill that little voice. So I switched to a 2SS two days ago and now I only wake up to smile a little and drift away....
Old 03-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #30
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
I still have yet to see a thread posted that sais the V6 is a bad car... and to the ones saying that people buying the V8s are compensating for something, does that mean your buying a V6 cause your a P***Y and cant handle a V8? No! NOBODY SAID THE V6 IS A SLOUCH SO STOP TRYING TO DEFEND SOMETHING THAT DOESNT NEED DEFENDING!
Well, you can add this one as you and Stout had to take it there Both of those posts were ignorant of both the OP and the V6 buyers. Why you posted that crap is beyond me. It was totally off topic, so expect to get trashed.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
Old 03-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #31
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
So a great post gets trashed by a couple of Napoleans.
It's not getting trashed. There are no "A Black Camaro is plenty black" threads. If there were, then it could be assumed that people here think the car is not black enough.

Nobody here is saying a 300 HP car is weak.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Can someone please explain to me Why anyone NEEDS 426HP in a street car?

Like I said before, The number of cylinders or the amount of HP has nothing to do with your manhood..It's who you are, not what you drive...
Old 03-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #33
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
Well, you can add this one as you and Stout had to take it there Both of those posts were ignorant of both the OP and the V6 buyers. Why you posted that crap is beyond me. It was totally off topic, so expect to get trashed.
So where did me and Stout say the V6 was a bad car? Can you quote us please... And for being uncalled for and posting crap that makes no sence, how bout calling us names??? Trash on me all ya want, im not the one on the defense about something that doesnt need defending.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #34
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
Umm...plus...aren't you buying a V8? So a great post gets trashed by a couple of Napoleans. Silliness...
Yep and thanks.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #35
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post

Like I said before, The number of cylinders or the amount of HP has nothing to do with your manhood..It's who you are, not what you drive...
For the same reason you need 300hp... cause you want it. Why dont we all just drive boxes???
Old 03-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #36
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
For the same reason you need 300hp... cause you want it. Why dont we all just drive boxes???
Wrong kemosabe, I am getting 300 HP because I want a CAMARO and do not NEED 426 HP...
Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #37
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
I am very impressed by the LLT and would be plenty satisfied with the performance I'm sure.

But it doesn't sound like a V8. And that is a BIG thing for me.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #38
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Quote:
Wrong kemosabe, I am getting 300 HP because I want a CAMARO and do not NEED 426 HP...
Well I WANT both the 426hp AND a Camaro. So if its about "manhood" how come most of the females on here are getting V8s? I dont think Cyn even comes close to beeing a man(shes hot!).
Old 03-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #39
Whistler

Drives: 1999 Buick Regal GS
V6

I have no problem with the V6 Camaro... its the only one I'm considering since:

1. 304hp is MORE than enough for a daily driver which is what I'd use the car for. 400+hp would be nice sometimes, but talk about overkill for a day to day driving car.

2. 26k-30k (the Canadian price for the LS and LTs) is my price range. I'm also 22 and the insurance would be cheaper on the V6.

3. The 3.6 DI engine is actually a very good and high tech engine. Its not like the Mustang V6 with its 4.0L truck engine, or the old V6 Camaros with a crap 3.4 from the GM minivans (no offense to older V6 owners ).

Also, with Ontario's crazy speeding penalties, I'd most likely lose my license pretty fast with a V8 .
Old 03-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #40
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Well I WANT both the 426hp AND a Camaro. So if its about "manhood" how come most of the females on here are getting V8s? I dont think Cyn even comes close to beeing a man(shes hot!).
SHE has never put down people that want the V6 either... but there are many posts on here calling Men that want one something very derogatory, I am not saying you have and nobody has yet in this thread, but I have seen it in other threads talking about why people chose one over the other, it is just a matter of time before someone mentions it here...
Old 03-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #41
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
You are both questioning about why the OP posted what he did. (V8 buyer BTW) And you ASSume that V6 buyers will have to ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
The fact that this topic even exists shows that V6 owners will always be questioned for taking the V6 and most will have to convince themselves 300 HP is plenty.
Quote:
Is it just me or does it sound like the people buying V6s are tryin to convince THEMSELVES its a good choice.
Quote:
It's not getting trashed.
The above is WAY off topic, so, yeah...you both trashed the original intent of the thread.

Quote:
There are no "A Black Camaro is plenty black" threads. If there were, then it could be assumed that people here think the car is not black enough.

Nobody here is saying a 300 HP car is weak.
Quote:
So where did me and Stout say the V6 was a bad car? Can you quote us please... And for being uncalled for and posting crap that makes no sence, how bout calling us names??? Trash on me all ya want, im not the one on the defense about something that doesnt need defending.
I don't remember the OP or me saying there were any "This car is weak" or "v6 sux" threads. That wasn't the point of the thread. So, why did you have to go the "V6 buyers will envy us and wish they had a V8, convince themselves that they will be ok, plus...all the misspelled words are killing me...

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
Old 03-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #42
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Quote:
Nobody needs 426hp, just like nobody needs 300hp. But I want it. 300hp will not satisfy me, actually neither will 426. Which is why my camaro will be modded to at least 475hp just to match the power-to-weight ratio of my current SS which is barely enough to satisfy me now .

The V6 camaro will be a very satisfying car for many, just not for me. I respect any V6 buyers reasons to buy one; and I'm proud that the camaro currently offers the highest hp V6 of the pony cars.

To the OP, thanks for sharing the information. It's good to hear positive reviews, regardless of which trim level the car is.
Closed Thread