Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #43
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
The fact that this topic even exists shows that V6 owners will always be questioned for taking the V6 and most will have to convince themselves 300 HP is plenty.
Quote:
The above is WAY off topic, so, yeah...you both trashed the original intent of the thread.
But that IS the original intent of the thread; I guess it would take a non-V6 owner to see that. It is a feel-good thread that hopefully isn't needed for anyone purchasing a V6.

Quote:
I did that for 4 months. I was constantly looking for reinforcement that the V6 was the way to go. At first it was mainly price - and boy the bang for the buck on the V6 is unbelievable, but then got a raise, refinanced my mortgage, found a credit union with a 4.75% rate and the SS was getting very close to my maximum limit. I was waking up at night thinking about it; telling myself that I don't NEED a v8; I'm not a racer or gearhead and KNEW that a V6 would satisfy me - but could not kill that little voice. So I switched to a 2SS two days ago and now I only wake up to smile a little and drift away....
There are a lot of people like this...A LOT. Just saying this thread may make a person on the fence feel better, but it won't last. If you get a V6 make sure you have no regrets. It's a great car but make sure it's what you want, because you will get some negative feedback from others. Please note that I have nothing bad to say about a V6, I'm just warning that there will be people who will knock it.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #44
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
ahhhhhhh I love the smell of trolls in the morning.

Thanks for sharing the story pete.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #45
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
You are both questioning about why the OP posted what he did. (V8 buyer BTW) And you ASSume that V6 buyers will have to ...

I never questioned why he posted what he did.

The above is WAY off topic, so, yeah...you both trashed the original intent of the thread.

I asked a simple question. Like I said, it wasnt ment toward anybody.

I don't remember the OP or me saying there were any "This car is weak" or "v6 sux" threads. That wasn't the point of the thread. So, why did you have to go the "V6 buyers will envy us and wish they had a V8, convince themselves that they will be ok, plus...all the misspelled words are killing me...
I never said "V6 buyers will envy us". And its ok to misspell words, not everybody can be the Post Police. How come all the personal attacks? Did I offend you because it pertains to you? If so, I DONT GIVE A ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐ youll get over it...
Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #46
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

Thanks for sharing the story pete.
Thanx for the input Milk. Maybe if we just said that after the #7 post it would be deleted or buried already.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
Old 03-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #47
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
The fact that this topic even exists shows that V6 owners will always be questioned for taking the V6 and most will have to convince themselves 300 HP is plenty. Not all, but most.

Sure, it's plenty of power...but it'll always be second best. I'd try to avoid talking about the HP all the time because the numbers will always be compared to the V8, not the competition. 300 HP is a lot, but it falls way short of what the car could be, 426 HP.

Get used to the question "Why didn't you get the V8?" if you start talking about V6 power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
Is it just me or does it sound like the people buying V6s are tryin to convince THEMSELVES its a good choice. The 6 will be a great car and we all know that so why all the posts about how good the 6 will be, dont be disappointed, blah blah blah... This isnt directed at anybody, so dont take offence to it(but if you do then youll get over it).
My last word on this subject:

Anyone see anything nice, positive, or informative please raise your hand...

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
Old 03-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #48
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
Nobody needs 426hp, just like nobody needs 300hp. But I want it. 300hp will not satisfy me, actually neither will 426. Which is why my camaro will be modded to at least 475hp just to match the power-to-weight ratio of my current SS which is barely enough to satisfy me now .

The V6 camaro will be a very satisfying car for many, just not for me. I respect any V6 buyers reasons to buy one; and I'm proud that the camaro currently offers the highest hp V6 of the pony cars.

To the OP, thanks for sharing the information. It's good to hear positive reviews, regardless of which trim level the car is.
thanks for your Honest and truthful answer...

I just wonder if say in a year from now the Z28 comes out say with 550HP.. those on here saying that the V6 is second best wouldn't they now feel inferior and have to make excuses why they bought a Camaro with "Just 426HP"

Actually the V6 is third best right now, They forgot to mention the SS with the Automatic ONLY has 400HP.. I can live with that...
Old 03-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #49
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Haha. If you're going to label me a troll for voicing a truthful opinion about the topic of this thread, then I'll stick around and play the part. I'll be a security troll that makes sure the topic stays V6 positive no matter what!

Quote:
thanks for your Honest and truthful answer...

I just wonder if say in a year from now the Z28 comes out say with 550HP.. those on here saying that the V6 is second best wouldn't they now feel inferior and have to make excuses why they bought a Camaro with "Just 426HP"

Actually the V6 is third best right now, They forgot to mention the SS with the Automatic ONLY has 400HP.. I can live with that...
Skyman, please don't come in to the thread and make comments that could possibly be interpreted as negative to the V6, otherwise you're a troll.

Everyone, this thread is ONLY about positive V6 comments! No one share your opinions if they aren't positive! No more trolls!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #50
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Quote:
Haha. If you're going to label me a troll for voicing a truthful opinion about the topic of this thread, then I'll stick around and play the part. I'll be a security troll that makes sure the topic stays V6 positive no matter what!

Skyman, please don't come in to the thread and make comments that could possibly be interpreted as negative to the V6, otherwise you're a troll.

Everyone, this thread is ONLY about positive V6 comments! No one share your opinions if they aren't positive! No more trolls!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #51
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Maybe the question next year that will be asked of the V8 owners (when regular gas is $4.00 gallon) will be "why on earth didn't you buy the V6?"
For a lot of us V6 folk, balls out straight line 0 - 60 in 4.5 seconds vs. 6 seconds doesn't really matter all that much. I mean, are you going to nail it at every stoplight?
For me handling, a 21st century direct injection double overhead cam engine, comfort and cruizing's the thing.
Yea, I'll get on it, but I'm ok with my decision and every time I drive it I'll be more comfortable.
I will never regret the v6 - really!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #52
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
I love this site!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #53
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Maybe the question next year that will be asked of the V8 owners (when regular gas is $4.00 gallon) will be "why on earth didn't you buy the V6?"
For a lot of us V6 folk, balls out straight line 0 - 60 in 4.5 seconds vs. 6 seconds doesn't really matter all that much. I mean, are you going to nail it at every stoplight?
For me handling, a 21st century direct injection double overhead cam engine, comfort and cruizing's the thing.
Yea, I'll get on it, but I'm ok with my decision and every time I drive it I'll be more comfortable.
I will never regret the v6 - really!
Could you please refrain from talking about the V8...
Old 03-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #54
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
The fact that this topic even exists shows that V6 owners will always be questioned for taking the V6 and most will have to convince themselves 300 HP is plenty. Not all, but most.

Sure, it's plenty of power...but it'll always be second best. I'd try to avoid talking about the HP all the time because the numbers will always be compared to the V8, not the competition. 300 HP is a lot, but it falls way short of what the car could be, 426 HP.

Get used to the question "Why didn't you get the V8?" if you start talking about V6 power.
If you will look at my last line in my post.. I said "I can live with that", refering to the V6 being third best...
Old 03-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #55
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
Could you please refrain from talking about the V8...
Why?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #56
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Why?
Because if you state your opinion about ANYTHING and put out facts then your a troll. So please, just say that the V6 is great and move on.
Closed Thread