Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #57
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Shouldn't all this negativity be directed toward Rustang owners?

I don't care if it has 3 ,4, 5 or 7 cylinders. It hold it's own with grace and finesse when on a field of Concours and will do quite nicely against any original 6 , 283 302 327 350 or 396 .
Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #58
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
I was just correcting you on your negative V6 post... If you want to give an ofhanded slam to the V6 and people that buy them then at least get your facts straight.
How was that negative? In the topic of power, it will always be second best. I was stating a fact...if that fact angers so many people than you're not going to enjoy the real world much when people bring up the V8.

But that was the old me! I now see the error of my ways and am focused on getting this thread back to where it belongs...V6 positive no matter what!

Quote:
Shouldn't all this negativity be directed toward Rustang owners?
Actually, no. This is one of GM's huge problems; GM and other American companies need to stop attacking each other and work together to compete against foreign automakers who are gradually increasing their share in the market. Ford isn't the real competition anymore but GM still thinks it's 1960 and wants the Camaro to be better than the Mustang, not to be better than the foreign cars in terms of quality and price.

I'm not saying foreign cars have better quality but they have that image now among most consumers and the image is all that matters.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #59
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Well I am glad you found some thing other than ABL to be concerned with.!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #60
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Last comment on last comment...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
The fact that this topic even exists shows that V6 owners will always be questioned for taking the V6. Get used to the question "Why didn't you get the V8?" if you start talking about V6 power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
Is it just me or does it sound like the people buying V6s are tryin to convince THEMSELVES its a good choice.
Do these look like opinions or trolling? See any FACTS? Stating how a V6 buyer will "feel" = fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
Because if you state your opinion about ANYTHING and put out facts then your a troll. So please, just say that the V6 is great and move on.
Does this look like anything close to what the OP was trying to relate? If the shoe fits... The OP is buying a V8. He gave a great review from his friend, of a V6. Even OJ would know better...

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
Old 03-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #61
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
How was that negative? In the topic of power, it will always be second best. I was stating a fact...if that fact angers so many people than you're not going to enjoy the real world much when people bring up the V8.

But that was the old me! I now see the error of my ways and am focused on getting this thread back to where it belongs...V6 positive no matter what!

Actually, no. This is one of GM's huge problems; GM and other American companies need to stop attacking each other and work together to compete against foreign automakers who are gradually increasing their share in the market. Ford isn't the real competition anymore but GM still thinks it's 1960 and wants the Camaro to be better than the Mustang, not to be better than the foreign cars in terms of quality and price.

I'm not saying foreign cars have better quality but they have that image now among most consumers and the image is all that matters.
GUYS!!! (shaking Stout by the throat) Lets keep this on topic please! SHEESH!!! Its not about how imports are taking over, its about how awsome the V6 is! Now back on topic...

Man, the V6 Camaro is an awsome car. Anybody that doesnt buy one is really missing out!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #62
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
I am very impressed by the LLT and would be plenty satisfied with the performance I'm sure.

But it doesn't sound like a V8. And that is a BIG thing for me.
Amen, I think a lot of people on this thread are missing the big point. Camaro came back for not only the enthusiasts but to grab a big share of the V-6 mustang market. Having said that, we're all on the same team, so everyone please stop hating on one another. The V-6 is an awesome power plant and is at the top of it's game as far as V-6's are concerned. Can't we all just get along?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #63
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
Do these look like opinions or trolling? See any FACTS? Stating how a V6 buyer will "feel" = fact?

Does this look like anything close to what the OP was trying to relate? If the shoe fits... The OP is buying a V8. He gave a great review from his friend, of a V6. Even OJ would know better...
You havnt said ANYTHING good about the V6 since youve posted here RT21... Please stop making personal attacks on people before others start talking about how funny old grey haired men having a midlife crisis are going to look in a sports car.

MAN that V6 is a beast! Its an awsome car!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #64
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I won't knock anyone that decides on the V6... It's a smart buy!
Number 3 said that even after driving his wife's SS, the V6 was just as fun.
In fact, everyone that has ever given a review after driving a V6 Camaro has praised it.
It's less money... insurance rates are cheaper... it gets better gas mileage... it still sounds great... there's plenty of room for upgrades in power... and it looks Fantastic!
If I see one driving around... I'm still going to have Camaro envy.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #65
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd853 View Post
Amen, I think a lot of people on this thread are missing the big point. Camaro came back for not only the enthusiasts but to grab a big share of the V-6 mustang market. Having said that, we're all on the same team, so everyone please stop hating on one another. The V-6 is an awesome power plant and is at the top of it's game as far as V-6's are concerned. Can't we all just get along?
Exactly. This thread was opened to provide a perspective on the performance on the V6. Not to tell anybody what to buy or that a Vx is better than a Vy. And since I posted it, I should know what the intent of the thread was. So again for some people, please stop putting words into my mouth as to what this post is about.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #66
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
This is so damn annoying. You guys can't keep a real conversation without acting like jerk offs. Sorry mods but these guys are pissing me off.

You guys went completely off topic and ruined a perfectly good thread with your moronic trolling. Why the hell are you even on this site if all you do is troll? Seriously, go away.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #67
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
I won't knock anyone that decides on the V6... It's a smart buy!
Number 3 said that even after driving his wife's SS, the V6 was just as fun.
In fact, everyone that has ever given a review after driving a V6 Camaro has praised it.
It's less money... insurance rates are cheaper... it gets better gas mileage... it still sounds great... there's plenty of room for upgrades in power... and it looks Fantastic!
If I see one driving around... I'm still going to have Camaro envy.
these are the reasons I got the v6. less money and plenty of power. The v6 has more power than many of the older stock v8's, truely amazing. But I do have to admit I would like to have a SS. Number3 has the best of both worlds.
Either car is going to be a great car.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #68
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
You guys went completely off topic and ruined a perfectly good thread with your moronic trolling.
By casting the first stone you have created this. You can disagree with ideas but once you start insulting people you cause problems.

Back to V6 positives everyone!

Quote:
GUYS!!! (shaking Stout by the throat) Lets keep this on topic please!
(rubs throat) I'm sorry; I lost my mind there for a second! Need to keep this about V6 positives and no other opinions about anything else!

Question to Debate: Would the V6 be better classified as "plenty powerful" or "abundantly powerful"? Discuss.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #69
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
You just can't knock this. Sorry, you can't. You might want more than this and that's ok.

As of today, we still have CHOICES in our HP. 304, 400 and 426. It may not always be that way.

This is fun isn't it.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #70
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You just can't knock this. Sorry, you can't. You might want more than this and that's ok.

As of today, we still have CHOICES in our HP. 304, 400 and 426. It may not always be that way.

This is fun isn't it.
Did I hear some tire chirp there? Bad Number 3!
Closed Thread