Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #29
renderinfo
R6P Member

Drives: Camaro 5th Gen
Amen to fbodfather.

I have to admit, even I got worked up over the whole ambient lighting thing. I would have rather not known anything about ABL, but instead, I worked myself into expecting it, freaking out when I "heard" it might not be included, and then again, disappointment knowing it would only be available on the doors. Ouchie on what the right move GM should do in the future. They posted beautiful ABL pics, and the disclaimer was always(?) there on the pic, but it did set expectations. Once expectations are set, there's a chance of disappointment. On the otherhand, I am always DYING to know the cool and unique features I might be getting. Tough call...
renderinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #30
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
It has been said since " Marketing" began...... the best advertising is word of mouth. Some times the word and the mouth are wrong! But still the words 2010 CAMARO were always part of what was said. Even when the comment is bad the public is talking about your product. Most who have not even seen it!

14,000 preorders at a time when car sales are down 50%.!!! For the sake of 6 months this could have been 28,000 orders with deposits. Given the relative limited access to actual cars to this point there may well be another 28,000 waiting to touch, feel and drive before they make the deal.

The decision to include this community will pay dividends. At a time when advertising is not in the budget, 14,000 of us are telling everyone we know how exciting this car is. Soon the cars themselves will be rolling billboards.

There are Salesmen at Chevy dealers who do not know the car is built. The general public does not know about this car! My garage was 2 days away from another Honda when the information on this site made the difference to cancel that purchase and wait for the rebirth.

Scott and the entire team put themselves "out there". Risky in any organization and may not have been done at GM on this scale since Zora Duntov or John Delorean.

Thank you for taking the risk. I will remember it every time I turn the key.

Just a GM FANBOY.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #31
VJCamaro
Please not have any Delay

Drives: 2SS, RS, Sunroof, Polished
Thanks Moose

So what is going on in New Orleans today or are New Orleans Camaro enthusists up there by you? I'll take off work if it's anything to do with the Camaro.
VJCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #32
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Scott and the entire team put themselves "out there". Risky in any organization and may not have been done at GM on this scale since Zora Duntov or John Delorean.

Thank you for taking the risk. I will remember it every time I turn the key.
+1. I think the act of putting themselves out there will be a testament to many on how GM is reconnecting with the consumer. Just another important sign on how GM is becoming a leader once again.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #33
CFPC_2010
VIN #3026 IOM/IO

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Greatly Appreciated!

Fbodfather the openness of you, your team, and GM during the entire Camaro development is greatly appreciated. Having worked in development/production all my career I fully understand the process and the hard decisions that must be made and this was only for a handful of customers - not even close to the scale of the Camaro development. So many times on this forum I have wanted to reply to criticisms/issues that people bring up but I figured it would be just a waste of my time - they must really think that GM is comprised of morons. All I know is that I had enough confidence in GM to pre-order and I have never waivered from that decision and now I will be one of the first people to own this bad a@@ car - Thanks for that opportunity.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #34
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
GM took a big risk giving up so much early information on this car and in the end I think other companys will be following suit. Thanks for keeping us informed with good and not so good information I'm glad your on GM's/are team.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #35
Miamimatt

Drives: 2 LT RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Miamimatt
All i can say is thanks. If it werent for this forum and the way GM let us vote, rant etc, i wouldnt feel as much a part of this car. Everything GM and friends has done has been awsome. So thanks for letting us in and thanks for sharing pics, stories info to keep me sane all this time. Most of all thanks for Making the Camaro again!!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #36
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
.....(subscribed for later post)
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #37
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Fbodfather, You're irreplaceable and highly appreciated.

tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #38
TheCavalry
Here it comes

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS, '02 Lancer OZ
You are the man Fbodfather. And when I say the man. I mean THE man. Very calm, very composed, and it seems like it's natural to you. Like you know no other way to be. I appreciate all you've done and all you continue to do. I become more of a "fanboy" each and every day! In short, all it got to say is:

Ordered IBM 1SS 20" Polished Wheels

You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy? - Jason Kavanagh
TheCavalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #39
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
I'm so very gald this message is well received by our members.

I wish you all could have seen the behind the scenes conversations regarding this. I'm sure you would have an even greater appreciation for GM and what they are trying to do with this car.

Thaks again, Scott, for taking the time to, yet again, give us the inside scoop, and helping us understand how this all works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
I drank the kool-aid long ago...... and I liked it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
+1. I think the act of putting themselves out there will be a testament to many on how GM is reconnecting with the consumer. Just another important sign on how GM is becoming a leader once again.
Thanks Moose!!! Without 'Father, I don't think our community would be as good it is regarding all the collective information so many of the members have shared. To think that most of us know more about Camaro than the dealers is almost funny. It's definately a double-edged sword; if I were 'Father, I couldn't have done what he's done without loosing my head sometimes. I think it will be worth it, but I don't think I'm strong/good enough to be as big as he's been about this.

To 'Father - thank you very much for all you've shared, both personally and professionally. I'm sure that you've taken risks on both sides (and probably on other fronts too) and I hope you know there are A LOT of us (if not all) that have truly appreciated everything you've done. For me, it was a sad day in '02 when the Camaro stopped production. I was pretty broken hearted at the thought that I'd never be able to order/purchase a brand new Camaro. Through the fruits of your labor, and a great many at GM, we're going to have that chance again. It's been a rough road at times, but, for me, all the anticipation and worry have been worth the wait. Reading the many good reviews Camaro has generated after years of hype shows just how dedicated you and Team Camaro have been. I never would've thought Camaro would be as good as it is and can only hope that it'll get better; I know it will if you have any influence. From one fanboy to another: I sincerely "Thank You" from the bottom of my Bowtie heart.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #40
lupo271

Drives: 2010 sim/rs camaro

lupo271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #41
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Understood.

Being in a service business I understand that when you go above and beyond for a client or customer they will tend to take advantage of you. Then begin to take you for granted. You have to let them know that they aren't going to get better service elsewhere, without sending them elsewhere.

I wouldn't care if this car was delivered with dog shit on the front seat. I'll clean it off and kick my salesmans a$$ and ride off into the sunset with my Camaro. (he should have kept a better eye on my car lol)

Scott, Thanx. We do appreciate the unprecedented decision to keep us in the loop.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #42
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I admit didn't read the entire thread, But Moose, because you posted what Scott wrote rather than him posting here, would I be correct to assume you copied that from another site and Scott was citing that to them more tha us a Camaro5?
BTW Nicely said Scott!