Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #15
jasonstiller

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Hell yes, ROADTRIP! I think the Camaro is worth it.
jasonstiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #16
Miamimatt

Drives: 2 LT RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Miamimatt
Your dealer is an idiot!!!!!!!!!! Order from Garber Cheevy in Mi ask for matt kennedy he will ship the car to jacksonville,.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #17
vladkgb

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS Pewter
I wasnt planning on pre ordering, but wanted to wait till the Camaros hit show rooms, test drive, see the colors im considering in person and finally choose what i wanted and place an order, or buy an available similarly configured Camaro. Would this be possible? According to that dealer there will only be 14k Camaros built this year, so it sounds like im S.O.L. unless i pre order from one of the dealers out of state or 4hours + away.
vladkgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #18
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladkgb View Post
I wasnt planning on pre ordering, but wanted to wait till the Camaros hit show rooms, test drive, see the colors im considering in person and finally choose what i wanted and place an order, or buy an available similarly configured Camaro. Would this be possible? According to that dealer there will only be 14k Camaros built this year, so it sounds like im S.O.L. unless i pre order from one of the dealers out of state or 4hours + away.
1) If I understand correctly, it is not a question of pre-order any more. That window closed (March 15th/16th). From now on it is regular orders.

2) The dealerships should be getting their "stock" cars soon (April/May) so you should be able to drive it then. Who knows, you might get lucky and find one setup the way you want it. If you hook up with a good sales person, they can search dealerships everywhere for what you want. You never know what might be out there and available, especially with all the cancellations for one reason or another.

3) We were told in the January IDL that all pre-orders (14k) should be built by the October consensus timeframe. I don't think GM is just going to stop making Cams once they reach VIN # 14,000. My opinion is that if you were to order soon, you could still see delivery of it this year after the 14K pre-orders are completed.

Again JMVHO.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #19
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Driving distance means different things to people in different parts of the country. In Texas, driving distance is 2 or 3 hours of highway driving. In Rhode Island it could mean 10 minutes on the freeway. I ordered mine within driving distance of my house. Its only about 5 hours away.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #20
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladkgb View Post
As already said your dealer is an idiot. Forget everything he's told you including what he told you about only 14k Camaros being built. GM is wanting to sell 80k Camaros the first MY. You have nothing to worry about except how fast you can get away from that dealer and find you one that is legit and won't bs you.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote