Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-23-2015, 09:20 PM   #15
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
I just upgraded the tweeters and spliced into the rears with a cheap sub. It sounds so good I have zero itch to take it further, but the volume is limited to only ear piercing (since all the interior speakers are still being powered by the factory head). To make them bleed I'd need to do something along the lines of what you did.

Maybe in my next car I'll take it up a notch, something I'll be keeping longer than 3-4 years.
BA or non BA? Which tweeters did you use and how's the fitment on them?
Old 06-24-2015, 07:51 AM   #16
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Very nice write up and should be a sticky for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
BA or non BA? Which tweeters did you use and how's the fitment on them?
His install was for the non-BA system as stated in the title and in his very first post he stated that he uses the Infinity Kappa Component Speakers which come with a 6.5 in mid-bass driver for the door and a 2" tweeter for the sail. It also comes with a passive crossover.
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Fasster Billet Fuel Rails & Custom Braided Vapor and Fuel Lines, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms, 2x Zapco ST4x-SQ amps, ST850x-II Sub amp, Morel Tempo 6 componenets, Morel Maximo 6x9, Morel 124 Primo Sub, Zapco DSP8Z Processor... More to Come.
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:13 AM   #17
Deftones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdyinhere View Post
Very nice write up and should be a sticky for sure.

His install was for the non-BA system as stated in the title and in his very first post he stated that he uses the Infinity Kappa Component Speakers which come with a 6.5 in mid-bass driver for the door and a 2" tweeter for the sail. It also comes with a passive crossover.
I didn't quote the OP therefor I wasn't talking to him. I already found the info I needed anyways. Plus that IK component set lists 1" tweeters so you're also wrong on that. Thanks though.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:18 AM   #18
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
DIY: Non-BA Full Sound System Install w/ Stock Radio

It's 1 inch measured from the center of the tweet. So YOURE wrong.

No one likes a troll. I was just pointing out where you could get the answers to your questions. Calm down.
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Fasster Billet Fuel Rails & Custom Braided Vapor and Fuel Lines, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms, 2x Zapco ST4x-SQ amps, ST850x-II Sub amp, Morel Tempo 6 componenets, Morel Maximo 6x9, Morel 124 Primo Sub, Zapco DSP8Z Processor... More to Come.

Last edited by Imdyinhere; 06-24-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #19
Deftones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdyinhere View Post
It's 1 inch measured from the center of the tweet. So YOURE wrong.

No one likes a troll. I was just pointing out where you could get the answers to your questions. Calm down.
Lol, yeah "I'm" the TROLL. OP thanks for the write up and good job. To user STOOPID who I quoted and asked a question to I already found your thread and read it so thanks for that also. I'll be ordering some tweeters here shortly.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #20
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
No prob guys, thanks for the compliments

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mertra, non-ba, scosche, sound system, stock radio