Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-06-2009, 03:42 AM   #29
oilman63
rjt ordered 10-15 2ss

Drives: 2010 2SS badass camaro
repair

I was told my tranny would be here this morning.car should be done friday.They were told to just pull the tranny out and replace it send the old one back.I wasn't told if it's and upgrade or not.
oilman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #30
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman63 View Post
I was told my tranny would be here this morning.car should be done friday.They were told to just pull the tranny out and replace it send the old one back.I wasn't told if it's and upgrade or not.
It will be....

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:50 AM   #31
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeflo View Post
same thing happened to me on my 3rd day, dealer ordered new transmission should be a week or so by the time its put back together. just got the call today

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimPossible View Post
Haven't had the car one week yet and last night while sitting at a stop light attempted to take off and when I shifted the car wouldn't go anywhere. Had to push the car off the road and have it towed to dealer with transmission fluid leaking everywhere.

The output shaft broke. The dealership just called and GM is very concerned with the issues with the shafts breaking. They are shipping a new transmission and in the meantime are looking into building a stronger holding device. If the new transmission breaks they will replace it again under warranty. If they come up with a stronger device, it will be replaced under warranty.

I'm concerned that this may happen again, but they are backing up their product 100%. The dealer is also providing me with a loaner.
Hope you get it fixed with the new part bro, isolated incident huh guys?
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:03 AM   #32
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuptualnemesis View Post
I was told today covered under warranty and new transmission coming from Texas. Could be ready by Friday.

GM I am impressed. I have always been a Ford/Lincoln man until now, but I can't say enough about The way this has been handled. I knew when I saw the specs and price on this vehicle I had to have it and ordered it last October 17.

I still have my '77 Cobra II Mustang with 347 Stroker - a 29 year relationship. I hope to have this Camaro thirty years from now along with my Cobra.
How is it impressive handloing issues that arent supposed to happen? sorry but i have a bad taste in my mouth for GM the new camaro is HOT! we know this, but GM can't build the damn thing correctly. i wouldnt say i am impresed with things they are fixing that they SHOULD have fixed with the "ring tested" camaro.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #33
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Just got mine Back tonight...Better than ever!

Did a couple Hard launches at the dealersand its all good... at least for now.

I had a RIP Shifter put in while the trans was out and man I gotta tell you...... Me likes ....What a solid piece. Never have to worry about second to third shifts with this baby.

So all you guys with busted tranny's get a shifter while your at it while the trans is out...Turn that Neg Into a Pos.

Check it out can't even tell.....

Name:  DSC01477.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  125.5 KB

A couple bonus with engine cover completed.....

Name:  DSC01470.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  118.5 KB

Name:  DSC01476.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  130.7 KB
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #34
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Me thinks its the way the 6060 was spec'd based on the price point of the car. The car weigh 400 lbs more than the 'vette and it costs 40% less than one, but has nearly the same motor, and a bunch of guys that rightfully expect to be able to stand on it once in a while. Recipe for dissaster
cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #35
blizzSS

Drives: 2010 ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman63 View Post
Add me to the list.3300 miles:(

along with most of them by the sounds of it. the 1st to 4th electronics are screwed up in mine and now it grinds going into 2nd and sometimes 3rd and there are other problems with my ss as well that i'm not that happy about. thought gm may have turned a new leaf with the hole bankrupt thing but its not looking good
blizzSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #36
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuptualnemesis View Post
Broken Transmission Output Shaft
Broke my output shaft Sunday night. Vin 13782. Third or fourth launch in competition mode. Also made three or four with traction control and competition mode turned off between 2500 and 3500 rpm. I am afraid this is not limited to a certain batch of vehicles. 4200 rpm dumps too much energy into the drive train. I don't think ABS kicking in to limit wheel spin can help either. ABS is supposed to be less aggressive in competition mode. ABS may kick in too soon and be part of the problem. I think competition mode will break any drive train sooner or later.
Well, your VIN is within 100 of mine, and your not the first one that close to me either. It's only a matter of time...

edit: on that note, has anyone actually recieved a call from GM notifying them to bring in thier car for the trans fix?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:19 AM   #37
oilman63
rjt ordered 10-15 2ss

Well I got mine back today.They.re telling me they don't think it,s a problem with the shafts.They covered it but may not if it breaks again.???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????This problem is probably starting to cost BIG BUCKS.$4000 a pop At what percent of cars sent out the door?Whose not or who is telling the truth about these shafts.I didn't see mine,but I talked to the mechanic that worked on it.He said it was cut clean.No twist.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #38
nuptualnemesis
NuptualNemesis

Drives: Silver 1SS M6 - 480hp 11.57/120.79
Got my car back last Friday. When they called to say it was ready, they said there is a problem. GM called and asked them to check the transmission serial number after it had been installed. It was part of the bad batch. They are waiting for a new one and I will bring my car back in.

Dealer said we will fix it under warranty but we are voiding your warranty. I told them they can't do that, the Magnunson-Moss Warranty Act, USC Title 15 Chapter 50 Section 2300 et. al. would not allow it. The act requires that they prove a modification caused the breakage, in order to deny warranty coverage, and they were subject to a class action suit for damages and attorney fees. They said I had after market headers and a modified fuel line. I had run a stainless braided hose in place of the fuel line loop over my headers and the aluminum tube over the intake. I said you can argue the extra torque may cause a problem but no way the fuel line could. They put me on hold and came back to say not really concerned about the headers but didn't know why the fuel line was modified. I guess they thought it was part of a nitrous system. They said GM told them to tell everyone with any modifications that no additional warranty work would be performed.

Sounds like BS to me.
nuptualnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #39
oilman63
rjt ordered 10-15 2ss

B S

I agree B S
Old 08-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #40
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
anyone have this issue with all stock?
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #41
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
So basically we should dog the crap out of it while it's stock to make sure we don't have a bad one in case GM tells us to F off when it gets towed in broken?

That's crap. Congrats on the purchase of your new Camaro SS!! Just make sure you drive it like an Aveo.

Forgot to add... I'd like to think that GM is sending the bills to Tremec as it was their fault. Assuming this is the case, we hopefully shouldn't run into a situation like I mentioned above.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock

Last edited by carfansince73; 08-13-2009 at 10:55 AM.
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #42
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
So basically we should dog the crap out of it while it's stock to make sure we don't have a bad one in case GM tells us to F off when it gets towed in broken?

That's crap. Congrats on the purchase of your new Camaro SS!! Just make sure you drive it like an Aveo.

Forgot to add... I'd like to think that GM is sending the bills to Tremec as it was their fault. Assuming this is the case, we hopefully shouldn't run into a situation like I mentioned above.
I called up GM's 800 number and set up a case/ticket number with a concern asking whether or not my Camaro SS is or is not affected by this issue. GM has all my info including my phone number and e-mail. However I have yet to get any response. I will give GM a few more weeks before I call back for a follow up.. That would have given them over a month to get back to me. So far I have not pushed my SS and have not used launch control.