Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #169
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etissan View Post
Does anyone know, whether the v6 engine offers also that typical muscle car sound as the v8 does?
its hard, bordering on impossible to get a V6 to have a throaty V8 rumble. But it is claimed by some who have driven the V6 that if you didn't know any better you'd think that it was a V8.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #170
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
And, they (the Camaro team) are tuning the V6's exhaust to sound great, just like they're tuning the V8.

But great doesn't necessarily mean that it'll mimmick a V8, though...
Old 06-16-2008, 12:44 AM   #171
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
If you go on the engine thread section, go to the 3.6 DI Faction thread. They have a video clip on there with the CTS's DI V6 (likely the same engine we're getting) exhaust note. It isn't a V8, but it is truly awesome in its own right.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #172
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
What aftermarket exhausts are people planning to put on if any? I had a 3" stainless steel Magnaflow exhaust system on my 95 Z-28 with chrome tailpipes. It had a sweet sweet sound! I was like a little schoolkid in the auto shop when I heard the mechanic rev it up for the first time with the new ones on and it shook the building and I said in an overly excited voice at age 20, "Holy ****, is that my car??"
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:42 AM   #173
pacheco707

Drives: 2011 maro
Whats the update on all the facts?
are they gonna make a push start 2?
pacheco707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:44 AM   #174
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacheco707 View Post
Whats the update on all the facts?
are they gonna make a push start 2?
Hi! Welcome to the site!!

Check the first page of this thread for the most recent 'updates'.
And that's a negative on the push-button start, at least for now.......
Old 07-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #175
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Okay, let me get this straight. There will NOT be an LS2 as an engine option, but there WILL be a 400+ hp V8 as an available model, so that would be the LS3 correct? And is there going to be just a V8 Camaro, or if you want a V8 Camaro (like me) will you have to buy an SS? (I'm asking because I don't want an SS Camaro, just a Camaro with a V8)
Old 07-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #176
5thGenAnyone?
I'm thirsty

Drives: 1 speed bike
Quote:
Okay, let me get this straight. There will NOT be an LS2 as an engine option, but there WILL be a 400+ hp V8 as an available model, so that would be the LS3 correct? And is there going to be just a V8 Camaro, or if you want a V8 Camaro (like me) will you have to buy an SS? (I'm asking because I don't want an SS Camaro, just a Camaro with a V8)
The SS Camaro is going to be the base V8. If you want a Camaro with a V8, you are going to have to get at least the SS. The Z28 is going to be the Top Dawg which I assume is going to be coming in at about 42K. I know, it does sound shocking that the base V8 camaro is coming in at 400+ hp, but its GM and we are all used to the sorry little mustang they've been dealing the last 5 years. You should be VERY happy come the end of the month when we can get our hands on some official camaro info from upstairs.
5thGenAnyone? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #177
carsismeZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenAnyone? View Post
The SS Camaro is going to be the base V8. If you want a Camaro with a V8, you are going to have to get at least the SS. The Z28 is going to be the Top Dawg which I assume is going to be coming in at about 42K. I know, it does sound shocking that the base V8 camaro is coming in at 400+ hp, but its GM and we are all used to the sorry little mustang they've been dealing the last 5 years. You should be VERY happy come the end of the month when we can get our hands on some official camaro info from upstairs.
okay, cool, thanks.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #178
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
GM can give us a "new" engine rated at 400 hp if they so choose. LS3, L76, LSB, Popcorn, Puppy Dog -it could be anything. But we don't know what sort of power we will be getting for the base V8, only that it needs to be more than 361 (L76) in order to meet the performance promises that have been made. Everything else is speculation or an assumption.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenAnyone? View Post
Until GM says it, we don't know. Since GM hasn't said it, don't believe what insiders say, and please don't announce these things like they are facts -even if it is a 99% chance that you are bang on with that stuff.

We should know in a matter of weeks what the power and names are. Then that little facts post will get a couple desperately needed confirmations.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #179
LxsTekGuy

Drives: 97 Mitsu Eclipse GST
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
its hard, bordering on impossible to get a V6 to have a throaty V8 rumble. But it is claimed by some who have driven the V6 that if you didn't know any better you'd think that it was a V8.
I used to have a 95 Blazer with the V6 and full 3 inch exhaust... The thing was so throaty that I had car guys asking if i swapped the engine.... then again, 4.3 liters is a pretty damn big V6.

Oh, and first post. I've been following the forums for about a year and a half. Finally decided to clear my throat. Hi everybody!
LxsTekGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:52 PM   #180
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxsTekGuy View Post
then again, 4.3 liters is a pretty damn big V6.
If your V6 is bigger than some V8's it qualifies as pretty damn big.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #181
carsismeZ06

So when are we going to get news about the Camaro?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #182
a12ozbottle

Drives: 2006 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather
Go to www.chevrolet.com/camaro -- and sign up -- so that we'll notify you when the info. goes out -- est. last day or two of July --

Colors/trims/option packages - engines -- etc.
a12ozbottle is offline   Reply With Quote