Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 03-14-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
no blue demon pics from this weekend

i spent the majority of my weekend on my winter beater....lost brakes as the oversize tires frayed the rubber brake hose to the caliper on the left front as it was too long...boy that wasnt fun....swapped both front rubber hoses for shorter ones...no rub anymore...

the enormous amount of bills im enduring with this month is staggering...really i blame the city since 380 bucks of my tax return goes to them for having my 2 vehicles

gunna be tough to pull the trigger on the 2 desired items i want...1st gen style spoiler and headrest stitching

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Want to swap car bills? LOL

6 weeks at the chassis shop followed by 6 weeks at the Auto body shop.. That's a lot of $$$ in labor!

And I thought I was going to take it easy this winter..
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Z28 Autobot

Drives: 94 Camaro
yea but your getting sponsored too to play with your car

he just needs his brakes to work on his DD..or he will be sponsoring a tombstone.
Z28 Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post

6 weeks at the chassis shop followed by 6 weeks at the Auto body shop.. That's a lot of $$$ in labor!

I can bet on how much you spent. This year I took it very easy.(so far)The 11 just got a converter and thats it. Wife was very proud since I ussually build a car every winter.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
I can bet on how much you spent. This year I took it very easy.(so far)The 11 just got a converter and thats it. Wife was very proud since I ussually build a car every winter.
Yes Slowhawk, I was amazed you havn't built up the car yet..
Old 03-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I want to get a converter for mine before the summer.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot View Post
yea but your getting sponsored too to play with your car

he just needs his brakes to work on his DD..or he will be sponsoring a tombstone.
Yeah... we don't need non-working brakes on the daily driver...

The toy mods can wait.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #8
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:

cough*sponsored* cough cough

I kid I kid. Mostly because I'm jealous. I would LOVE to be sponsored and just autocross all season.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #9
600hp-lpe

I wish it was *cough* money that I received *cough cough* LOL

I get some great parts at a discount and a ride to the fest to show off the parts. Which is still WAY cool..

Doesn't help me pay for the current boatload of work, though.:(

I need a money tree...

Don't be jealous.. I worked my butt off to get sponsors...
Old 03-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Yes Slowhawk, I was amazed you havn't built up the car yet..
Me too. Waiting another year for the tranny builders to put together stronger A6's. None of them would garrenty a lasting tranny with the plans I had.

My 99 TA will be built this spring/ again.

Sponsor's never mean free or super cheap. I sponsor a few cars and it can mean many different things from parts at cost, cheaper labor or whatever.Sponsoring means you save the person some money.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post

Sponsor's never mean free or super cheap. I sponsor a few cars and it can mean many different things from parts at cost, cheaper labor or whatever.Sponsoring means you save the person some money.

My sponsors have a need and I can do something to fill their need. That's how most sponsorships get formed.

You need to have a relationship with potential sponsors, and get on their radar. You need to prove that you can do something that helps to benefit them. Nothing comes free. It is a lot of work.

I have a background in Corporate Sales and Marketing that is real handy for relationship building with potential sponsors.

Everyone will see what we are up to at the fest and the Pic's from it. I still have to wait till the Fest to announce anything.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #12
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

how do u get sponsored for things?

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 03-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #13
600hp-lpe

There are a few ways to get a sponsor. All involve hard work and dedication.

You need to have a "need" and the sponsor has to want to promote something that fills that need.

Example: a Car stereo.

For someone building a really high end, kick ass sound system, they may approach a local car stereo shop and work out a deal on labor.

The stereo shop may know a company sales rep that has a new product (TV screen, amp, or head unit, or something) that is coming out, and needs to promote it in a "special vehicle" to be displayed. You build a relationship with the vendor of the item, and work out a deal to include it in your system. The vendor gets to show off their new item, you get the item at a discount.

That's an example for 2 sponsors - one for an Item, and one for installation.

you have seen this Camaro on the C5 forum.

Kelly (the owner) gets parts and sponsorships by his car being unique, and displaying his car at major events across the country. Since his car is seen by so many people, sponsors want their parts on his car. The owner may not have to work hard at attracting sponsors, but he works hard at getting his car into shows like SEMA and other national events, and has to transport the car all over the country.

Sponsors usually want a commitment. X number of shows so the items can be seen on your car. Placing in the top 5 or 10 in your division for the season, or winning a set # of races. Promotional appearances, etc. There is a price to be paid - Sponsors need to be able to justify spending money on you and need to have some benefit on the return from the sponsorship, be it revenue, new business, or advertising.

Getting paid for advertising is usually reserved for Nascar, NHRA national teams, etc. You may be able to get a paid sponsorship locally for advertising. (Car wrap comes to mind for items).
Old 03-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

i wouldnt mind the I.C.E...like video screens...LED lighting...interior mods