Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #141
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
im still waiting on my tune update for E85 which sshould smooth out any inconsistencies/changes created by the addition of the 25mm insulator. hoping to have results in the 290's...

this by far has been the best mod per dollar.
E85 FTW

On another note, related to the topic, these insulators certainly do help to keep the manifold cooler aiding performance (power consistency)

However the main reason for the gains are the changes in the scavenging characteristics of the inlet manifold which are shifted to be more inline with the mechanical operating characteristics of the engine. This is based on Helmholtz resonance principle.

For some more detailed info check out the following links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifold_(automotive)

Helmholtz resonance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps

Kindest Regards,
Steve
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #142
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
So looks like a lot of the Vararam guys are going with RX's Insulator because of fitment issues. I have the Injen so I am thinkin the 25 mm? But does the thickness make a difference in performance gains?

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #143
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
not to undersell RX, but MACE offers a 6mm (1/4"), 12mm (1/2"), and 25mm (1"). so as far as im aware, its not a fitment issue as to why one vendor is preferred over the other. so far, the only issues have been with the varaam CAI. i haven't even seen reviews posted on RX's products unless i missed something. but to answer your question, yes, size does matter you want the longer runner length for a better gain in TQ.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #144
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
not to undersell RX, but MACE offers a 6mm (1/4"), 12mm (1/2"), and 25mm (1"). so as far as im aware, its not a fitment issue as to why one vendor is preferred over the other. so far, the only issues have been with the varaam CAI. i haven't even seen reviews posted on RX's products unless i missed something. but to answer your question, yes, size does matter you want the longer runner length for a better gain in TQ.
Oh I wasn't trying to under cut Mace. It looked like the Vararam guys were all over RX's product and I just wanted to confirm my hyphthesis.

Thanks for letting me know about the size differences, I tired to figure that out on my own reading the thread but I have had to fix so many things in my car lately, that I can't focus on any of these multipage performance mod threads.

I have the Injen, so I will most likely order the Mace 25 mm once I have the chance.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #145
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I can't find my engine cover anymore.......ugly POS......LOL
Roflmao...
Old 01-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #146
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Oh I wasn't trying to under cut Mace. It looked like the Vararam guys were all over RX's product and I just wanted to confirm my hyphthesis.

Thanks for letting me know about the size differences, I tired to figure that out on my own reading the thread but I have had to fix so many things in my car lately, that I can't focus on any of these multipage performance mod threads.

I have the Injen, so I will most likely order the Mace 25 mm once I have the chance.
No worries bro...that's what we're here for.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #147
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
If I didn't have the Vararam, I'd be all over the Mace 25mm insulater.
I was still considering getting one of their smaller ones, but when I heard that Tracy was coming out with one, I'd rather give him my business. He's done so much for us V6'rs. I'm really glad Mace is coming out with stuff for us too, thank you Mace, but for me it's more about the relationship that Tracy already has with us, and he always has really great stuff. He's one of those vendors that really has my trust.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #148
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
If I didn't have the Vararam, I'd be all over the Mace 25mm insulater.
I was still considering getting one of their smaller ones, but when I heard that Tracy was coming out with one, I'd rather give him my business. He's done so much for us V6'rs. I'm really glad Mace is coming out with stuff for us too, thank you Mace, but for me it's more about the relationship that Tracy already has with us, and he always has really great stuff. He's one of those vendors that really has my trust.
+1. My trust as well. Any word on the ported manifold or LFX manifold adaptor Tracy?
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #149
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Nothing against Tracy, but this post was about testing a product manufactured by MACE. I do agree that Tracy has provided us many options for our vehicle and has compounded his efforts by the amount of time he has invested with us, the V6 community, where the interaction from other vendors has been minimal in the form of engine mods. What I don't agree with though, and may be just my perception, is disrespect at pledging ones trust to another vendor here on THIS thread. Yes, I am a bit biased because I did the testing for MACE as many others have. Once Tracy brings his product to market then by all means, show your loyalty to whomever. With MACE doing their own engineering and fabrication, I think it's only fair to give them a chance to show what they can do for us. They were the ones to bring us the insulator after all. And who's to say that they'll continue to contribute if nobody supports them due to being "one off'ed" when they are just coming out of the gate? Ok, I'm done with my rant...just asking for a bit more discression when posting.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #150
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
Nothing against Tracy, but this post was about testing a product manufactured by MACE. I do agree that Tracy has provided us many options for our vehicle and has compounded his efforts by the amount of time he has invested with us, the V6 community, where the interaction from other vendors has been minimal in the form of engine mods. What I don't agree with though, and may be just my perception, is disrespect at pledging ones trust to another vendor here on THIS thread. Yes, I am a bit biased because I did the testing for MACE as many others have. Once Tracy brings his product to market then by all means, show your loyalty to whomever. With MACE doing their own engineering and fabrication, I think it's only fair to give them a chance to show what they can do for us. They were the ones to bring us the insulator after all. And who's to say that they'll continue to contribute if nobody supports them due to being "one off'ed" when they are just coming out of the gate? Ok, I'm done with my rant...just asking for a bit more discression when posting.

Thanks.
+1 Plus my I add a thank you to mace for engineering parts for our cars. I know it takes dedication to build these performace parts for such a limited market.

I will be ordering a 25mm spacer as soon as I can get past throwing away my engine cover.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #151
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
[QUOTE=hapisok;4263920]Nothing against Tracy, but this post was about testing a product manufactured by MACE. I do agree that Tracy has provided us many options for our vehicle and has compounded his efforts by the amount of time he has invested with us, the V6 community, where the interaction from other vendors has been minimal in the form of engine mods. What I don't agree with though, and may be just my perception, is disrespect at pledging ones trust to another vendor here on THIS thread. Yes, I am a bit biased because I did the testing for MACE as many others have. Once Tracy brings his product to market then by all means, show your loyalty to whomever. With MACE doing their own engineering and fabrication, I think it's only fair to give them a chance to show what they can do for us. They were the ones to bring us the insulator after all. And who's to say that they'll continue to contribute if nobody supports them due to being "one off'ed" when they are just coming out of the gate? Ok, I'm done with my rant...just asking for a bit more discression when posting.

Point taken and well expressed. Sorry I strayed- wasn't trying to threadjack.
My Mace is on the way and I can't wait to get it.

I'm just already fishn' for the next mod!!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #152
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

thanks for understanding guys....

Old 01-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #153
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Question... Why will the stock engine cover not fit? Does it hit the hood or is it that the mounts are not tall enough? If the mounts are to short i can make new ones.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #154
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
One thing most of you guys don't realize is that mace engineering been tinkering with pre LLT which was GM's alloytec for years, and been doing their own LLT support(commodore) over in AU. They are not new to the game by far. Although they just came to our board in US, their contribution has been great. Some things alot of vendors these days forget. I love the fact how mace let us test the product before anything. I can't wait until mace let the rest out the bag
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote